Fences Don't Work?

smitty

I had recently posed a question:  Why did obama stop building the fence on our southern border?  Some replied that fences do not work.  Well, let me ask those that feel this:  If fences don not work -- then why doesn't obama take the fense down around the White House??  

protect the borders by ANY MEANS NECESSARY will decrease the ILLEGALs from coming over.

do any of the left know what ILLEGAL means....we have dictionaries available on the web

the left like to be taken advantage of because that is how they get votes and power....sad sad sad.

Saying "NO" to people/countries is a good thing.  Just like children learning the word 'NO'

Man, just go read about the problems with the virtual fence.   It didn't work and it was mucho expensive.   Fort Knox gold is not protected by a virtual fence.  Have you ever been there?

I applaud your your new-found fiscal conservatism.  But, as we have taught on this forum, protection is a Constitutional responsibility of the Feds.  So, here's a novel approach:  Let's shift some money around to pay for it.  Again, an actual fence does work.  Again, the White House example.  How about we start with the obama phones?  There's 2 Billion dollars right there.  2 Billion could build a lot of fence.  Need more money?  I know there's many, many other areas that money is spent that's not Constitutional.

Man, just go read about the problems with the virtual fence. It didn't work and it was mucho expensive. Fort Knox gold is not protected by a virtual fence. Have you ever been there?

Been there 3 times, how about you? You ever been there? The gold depository sits in the middle of an open field, it has a small fence around it, and is loaded with motion sensors. It is protected by a virtual fence! When the sensors go off, it triggers a response from the guards stationed at the base. Just like the border sensors do.

Sure. if we had the money. Plus, you would have to convince the ranchers who rely on water from the Rio Grande.

In most places the Rio Grande is less than a foot deep along the Texas border. Very few ranchers get water from the river. Most of them are restricted from using the water at all, because we have to guarantee Mexico a certain water flow. The ranchers already have fences up to keep their animals out of the river, otherwise they would not have any cattle left. They would all be in Mexico!

We don't need a fence. We need a system in place that properly taxes immigrants and does not reward them with freebies and handouts when they get here. If someone wants to move to the US and become a productive, taxpaying member of society, great! All of us on here come from families of immigrants, unless we have some pure native Americans on here I don't know about. But their being here should be at a benefit to our country, not a detriment. We should be making tax dollars off of them, not spending tax dollars on them. An aside to that, criminals need to be deported. You want to live here, you get one chance to follow the rules.

We don't need a fence. We need a system in place that properly taxes immigrants and does not reward them with freebies and handouts when they get here. If someone wants to move to the US and become a productive, taxpaying member of society, great! All of us on here come from families of immigrants, unless we have some pure native Americans on here I don't know about. But their being here should be at a benefit to our country, not a detriment. We should be making tax dollars off of them, not spending tax dollars on them. An aside to that, criminals need to be deported. You want to live here, you get one chance to follow the rules.

The best post you have ever posted.....

I would add one thing to this....severe punishment (fines, loss of drivers license, and/or any other state or federal assisance, including prison if multiple offenses) to those who hire the illegals