Texas

king

@ESPNRNFball: Another surprise ... Daylon Mack is headed to Texas for an official visit. http://es.pn/1CZAInE

So far Charlie has offered the starting job to Murray and promised McNeal the first play of the season will be a pass to him. What do they offer Mack?

I love how Charlie is tough and the players have to earn everything. That is unless you are a big time recruit.

So far Charlie has offered the starting job to Murray and promised McNeal the first play of the season will be a pass to him. What do they offer Mack?

I love how Charlie is tough and the players have to earn everything. That is unless you are a big time recruit.

I will say that IF all that is true - then all it proves is that Coach Strong is just like ALL other coaches and will do anything to get the edge on a recruit.

And Mack will go to wherever has the best recruiting class he thinks is going to be rated the highest.

Rumors. All rumors.

McNeal has personally said that the first play of the year will go to him. Kyler being the starter Day 1 isn't a stretch considering the other qbs on the team are brutal, but I still don't think the other players on the team will be happy with the coach guaranteeing starting jobs to players who havent even stepped on the practice field yet.

McNeal has personally said that the first play of the year will go to him. Kyler being the starter Day 1 isn't a stretch considering the other qbs on the team are brutal, but I still don't think the other players on the team will be happy with the coach guaranteeing starting jobs to players who havent even stepped on the practice field yet.

Rumors. 99% rumors.

No no no. What he promised is that he would list him at 6'3" in the media guide. Get your facts straight.

Been hearing more and more everyday about baseball in terms of that kid more so than football, kinda odd seeing as signing day is nearing. 

I had never heard of him in the baseball world of which I follow pretty closely. He did not participate in many Perfect Game game tournaments or any scouting combines. That is pretty rare for a top level baseball player these days. Not sure if he even plays summer ball.

This is what one scout had to say:

Kyler Murray Ã¢â‚¬â€œ For a guy who was practicing football in Texas and hitting in the AA game within 24 hours is impressive. I expected a raw, stiff athlete trying to hit but that was completely wrong. He put two good swings on the ball and that was enough to sell me on his potential. He likely won’t play baseball but in my honest opinion, he should give up football right now because he has the talent to make a lot of money without any 250 pound linebackers trying to decimate him. Anytime a great athlete is on a baseball field, I’m a fan. I wish he’d stay on it. He is the quick twitch type of athlete that the game needs.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=371327

All that I have read is from other sources. They seem to see him as a possible early round pick at 2nd base. 

Kyler has the baseball pedigree that Area Scouts look for. His Uncle Calvin was a major league player (and Longhorn baseball Hall of famer).

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/05/mlb-draft-might-be-the-biggest-hurdle-in-getting-allen-qb-kyler-murray-to-texas-am.html/