The View

stevenash

As you all probably already know, the View has dismissed Jenny McCarthy and Sherri Shepherd.  But I was wondering if anyone is as excited as I am about the possibility of that great American patriot, Rosie O"Donnell joining Whoopee on the show?  If we have just the two of them, it will be the ultimate definition of fair and balanced.  Enlightened, if you are not already a dedicated fan of the view, will this dynamic combination force you to join the View faithful?

I don't know, it was pretty entertaining to listed to Elisabeth Hasselbeck when she was on the show.  Stevenash, do you think the producers intentionally put someone functioning just above "brain dead' to represent the conservative position on the show?  Were you supportive of her hiring at Fox News?  At least I read she was on Fox News now.  I cannot confirm that personally because my wife and I used the parental block on that channel a long time ago, lest our children were to stumble upon it and lose their ability to think independently...

I have seen it a few times.  I believe it is an ABC show.  It is a show that focuses on women's opinions on current issues, so it isn't surprising it would be of little interest to the radical right.  Obviously, they prefer women with little brain power who they can attempt to program, like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann...

I have seen it a few times.  I believe it is an ABC show.  It is a show that focuses on women's opinions on current issues, so it isn't surprising it would be of little interest to the radical right.  Obviously, they prefer women with little brain power who they can attempt to program, like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann...

Yea...we would rather have mental giants like pelosi, boxer and Lee.

I have seen it a few times. I believe it is an ABC show. It is a show that focuses on women's opinions on current issues, so it isn't surprising it would be of little interest to the radical right. Obviously, they prefer women with little brain power who they can attempt to program, like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann...

kmsl

TxHoops- Nancy Pelosi is not a rocket scientist compared to ANYONE and I am frankly surprised you would make that suggestion.  I believe you pridefully told of how you used the parental block feature on your television to keep your kids from hearing Fox News in the name of helping them to think independently.  Since Fox news is about the only station that represents the "other side", how does keeping that perspective from your children encourage independent thinking?  Aren't you all about letting them come to a decision/conclusion after they digest everything they have heard/read?  I must assume that you have also blocked NBC ( for the way they blatantly  manipulated the Zimmerman tape for a specific purpose) and MSNBC so they dont have to listen to the likes of Martin Bashir.  What networks provide the unbiased reporting that you prefer?  

See, therein lies the problem.  A lot of folks believe that all networks except Fox are biased and liberal based.  There are plenty of conservative viewpoints, they just also offer ones you can't stand to hear.  I understand that and it is your right to use your remote as you see fit.  But to think everything that is not ultra conservative is inherently "liberal" is incorrect in MY opinion.  To each his own, I guess.

Oh, to answer your questions, of course I was joking about blocking Fox News.  They wouldn't watch it anyone and probably won't when they find it interesting.  But then again, they might.  I encourage them to think for themselves.  As for my channel of preference, I watch several but if I had to pick one, it would be CNN. 

Then I can assume that you dont believe NBC did anything wrong with the Zimmerman tapes and you also believe that Dan Rather, at CBS, presented a non biased view of George Bush a few years ago.  If the public is wrong in its perception of news reporting bias, why is that?  If Fox has such a large viewership, again, why is that?  I would further suggest to you that Bill O'Reilly is every bit as fair as Candy Crowley is.  Furthermore, I would be willing to bet you there is a very wide disparity in how people define ultra conservative.  There are no viewpoints, from the right or the left, that I can't stand to hear.  In fact, I learn a lot from hearing them  I may not like them but all opinions are worthy of being heard.

Then I can assume that you dont believe NBC did anything wrong with the Zimmerman tapes and you also believe that Dan Rather, at CBS, presented a non biased view of George Bush a few years ago.  If the public is wrong in its perception of news reporting bias, why is that?  If Fox has such a large viewership, again, why is that?  I would further suggest to you that Bill O'Reilly is every bit as fair as Candy Crowley is.  Furthermore, I would be willing to bet you there is a very wide disparity in how people define ultra conservative.  There are no viewpoints, from the right or the left, that I can't stand to hear.  In fact, I learn a lot from hearing them  I may not like them but all opinions are worthy of being heard.

Dan Rather was a bit more editorial than most would like but I enjoyed his career.  I also don't mind O'Reilly.  I disagree with a lot of what he says but he is entertaining.  And I also agree with him at times.  I would also agree with the last 4 sentences of your post.  As to why Fox has a such a large viewership, I am sure you already know the answer to that.  They are the only game in town, so to speak, for what they do. 

You are right about them being the only game in town,  From my perspective, that means they present their news/information in a manner that is not consistent with what the "rest of the game in town" does.   A good example of what I am contending follows:.  I mentioned Cindy Sheehan earlier.  When she was "making her point" she was seen on all three major networks for an extended period at least three or four times per week. Why is it that the parents of the Benghazi victims are heard from only on Fox?  I am seeking a realistic justification for that glaring difference.

I never give up, Big Girl.  If I was that type of individual, I would be on government assistance right now.  I guess you have no appreciation for that approach to life.

Why would you say that when she graduated from Texas A&M (I will forgive her for that ;) ) and is a nurse (certainly a most noble profession).  Because she has compassion for others, she has no appreciation for those who, like her, support themselves?

My remark was about not giving up and being determined to succeed without government assistance but I can certainly understand your interpretation of the statement based upon my choice of words.  For not being more clear, I will apologize..  But I will add in that compassion, without limits, has a price and someone must be concerned about that price although many will claim that the compassion is more noble than the concern for the cost.  Sometimes , though, people discover that the price of compassion can ultimately harm everyone, including those who were the recipients of the compassion.  I think Greece is a wonderful example of it.

My remark was about not giving up and being determined to succeed without government assistance but I can certainly understand your interpretation of the statement based upon my choice of words.  For not being more clear, I will apologize..  But I will add in that compassion, without limits, has a price and someone must be concerned about that price although many will claim that the compassion is more noble than the concern for the cost.  Sometimes , though, people discover that the price of compassion can ultimately harm everyone, including those who were the recipients of the compassion.  I think Greece is a wonderful example of it.

Fair enough.  And I can appreciate your point in compassion without limits and would agree with that point, in general.

Why would you say that when she graduated from Texas A&M (I will forgive her for that ;) ) and is a nurse (certainly a most noble profession). Because she has compassion for others, she has no appreciation for those who, like her, support themselves?

I love it. Thanks

Big Girl, you apparently have a lot of admiration for TxHoops by virtue of your appreciation of his comments and your conclusion that nobody can win a debate against him.  SInce you hold him in such high esteem, please ask him if the national debt currently exceeds 17 trillion or is, as your "friend in finance" ( who has a better understanding of macroeconomics) somewhere "around 16 trillion".