Attention all board participants.

stevenash

It has been established ( my the highest intellect on this board) that if you did not watch the USA play in the World Cup today, you simply do NOT love your country.  During all of these years, I thought there were other more important criteria but I have learned this "fact" from a very reliable source.  You had better watch the replay if you want to ascend to heaven.

Before you get banned for the fourth or fifth time, you really ought to go to a board where your intellectual superiority is appreciated and where you can have exchanges with other enlightened/chosen ones.  It would be so much more "civilized", "gratifying" and "stimulating" as opposed to hanging out with the "lesser people".  It would allow you to also discuss, in depth, of course, the true meaning of life and other things which the rest of us are unable to grasp.  But please, when you do, I would suggest that if you find someone who disagrees with you, don't tell him boom, or that he is a racist, or that he is ignorant.  After all, intellectuals have feelings too.

Well, if you had read the article, and/or had any comprehension skills, you would find the following explanation.

That 35% liberals, 34% moderates, and 27% conservatives watched to the World cup and an overall percentage of 30% of AMERICANS watched it.....leading me to believe that it isn't necessarily an AMERICAN thing to do as one seemed to suggest.

Well, if you had read the article, and/or had any comprehension skills, you would find the following explanation.

That 35% liberals, 34% moderates, and 27% conservatives watched to the World cup and an overall percentage of 30% of AMERICANS watched it.....leading me to believe that it isn't necessarily an AMERICAN thing to do as one seemed to suggest.

So, the article title is misleading. If only 35% of libs watched it, it's not really a liberals game either.

Well this thread escalated to dumb as soon as it was created.

I think that was the point, however, it escalated to DUMB as soon as the chosenone was allowed back in the forum...or opened his/her mouth...or any number of things pertaining to the chosen/enlightened one...

So, the article title is misleading. If only 35% of libs watched it, it's not really a liberals game either.

more so than any other...but yes, I agree and further more, its not an AMERICAN game, never has been and more than likely never will be..

more so than any other...but yes, I agree and further more, its not an AMERICAN game, never has been and more than likely never will be..

I think for America, it's a young person game. I played all the sports available, but soccer wasnt on my radar. Most people over 40 just dont have much experience with it, thus, no interest.

Not a big fan of the kickball tourny , hell you dont even have to win to advance and who thought is was a good idea to let a game end in a tie?

16 teams make the NBA playoffs, and a team can lose three games and still advance to the next round. Just saying. Because it's only every four years, and the preparation involved, the tournament is set up in 8 round robin groups with 4 teams, guaranteeing each team 3 games. The top two teams from each group advance to a single elimination bracket. It's really a pretty cool setup which allows an overmatched team like the USA to have something to play for. They played three teams with more talent than them, pulled one upset, managed to play another team evenly, and lost a 1-0 game. This very impressive showing against superior opponents was enough for them to finish second in their group and advance.

Ok, I admit that I watched a little... I was eating at a Mexican food restaurant and they had it on every TV. Of course I pulled for Team USA over Belgium. But now that USA (and Mexico) have been eliminated, can we go back to regularly schedule programming, and get ready for REAL FOOTBALL!

That is the real football. And as a football fan (both American and world), can we all admit that the name "football" as in the American kind is a stupid name for the sport.