Urgent - Middle Class Missing, Send Rescue Team

Hmmm- Maybe one solution is to have more jobs available to the middle class.  Lets see, if we raise taxes some  more, how will that impact job availability?  If we approve the Keystone pipeline, how will that impact job availability?  If we have to have an 18 month environmental impact study on most businesses before they can start up, how will that impact job availability?

Middle Class is not missing.......some people just don't want to talk about it.....

One helpful yardstick to judge whether you're middle class: Median household income was $51,017 in 2012, according to the most recent U.S. census data. Robert Reich, a professor of Public Policy at the University of California-Berkeley and former Secretary of Labor, has suggested the middle class be defined as households making 50 percent higher and lower than the median, which would mean the average middle class annual income is $25,500 to $76,500.

http://money.usnews.com/money/personal-finance/articles/2014/04/24/what-it-means-to-be-middle-class-today

Governor Chris CHristie said this morning that there was a 700 million dollar revenue shortfall in New Jersey.  He also said the the top 1% of tax payers in the state pay 41% of all taxes in the state.  When the Fed raised tax rates, the wealthy quit realizing capital gains and dividend income by either not selling what they owned or by selling the dividend producing holdings and replacing them with investments that paid a tax free income stream or no income stream at all, hoping to have a long term capital gain instead.  He stated that when your tax policy is basically aimed at that 1%, it has a real impact on the states revenues.  Same thing applies to the Federal level whether one wishes to acknowledge that or not.  I also distinctly remember then candidate Obama being interviewed on television about raising tax rates.  He was asked this question:  If it could be proven to you that keeping rates where they are or lowering them would actually increase revenues as compared to where they are now, would you consider that approach.  His response was "no, because its a matter of "fairness" .  Translation- My ideology of taking from the rich is more important than the solvency of the country for which I am responsible.

I think the pipeline should be approved, but stop acting like it's the golden ticket to fix this country.

Why should Mr. CEO hire another employee when he can increase the workload on current employees? It's not like they have a choice. Excess supply of labor drives wages down.

Come on Stevenash, you're smarter than this.

Hmmm- Maybe one solution is to have more jobs available to the middle class.  Lets see, if we raise taxes some  more, how will that impact job availability?  If we approve the Keystone pipeline, how will that impact job availability?  If we have to have an 18 month environmental impact study on most businesses before they can start up, how will that impact job availability?

Wait, so the middle class is doing amazing?

I literally laughed out loud seeing hippy guy try and use a single data point as proof that the middle class isn't shrinking.

I figured teabaggers would be the first to agree with me on this one. I swear if I came out as pro church you guys would be anti church all of a sudden just to oppose me.

Silly commoners.

Unsubstantiated rhetoric.

If excess labor supply keeps wages down, then more jobs is absolutely the answer.  Sorry, but higher taxes, more regulations, and Obamacare encourage businesses NOT to hire, NOT to expand, but rather to lay off workers, and consider relocating the company overseas.  You simply can't spin it any other way.  If you are so enchanted with "the shrinking middle class" theory, show me a country that has confiscated wealth via the tax code, has a growing middle class, and a vibrant economy.  Is it Italy?  Is it Greece?  Is it Argentina?

Wait, so the middle class is doing amazing?

I literally laughed out loud seeing hippy guy try and use a single data point as proof that the middle class isn't shrinking.

I figured teabaggers would be the first to agree with me on this one. I swear if I came out as pro church you guys would be anti church all of a sudden just to oppose me.

Silly commoners.

Show me some data that supports your point instead of just talking crap.......

Obviously more jobs is the answer, who said it wasn't? What an idiotic statement.

Teabaggers on this site loveeeeeee making false claims up, it's YALLS expertise.

For the record - I think there should be lower taxes, less regulations and no obamacare.

If excess labor supply keeps wages down, then more jobs is absolutely the answer.  Sorry, but higher taxes, more regulations, and Obamacare encourage businesses NOT to hire, NOT to expand, but rather to lay off workers, and consider relocating the company overseas.  You simply can't spin it any other way.  If you are so enchanted with "the shrinking middle class" theory, show me a country that has confiscated wealth via the tax code, has a growing middle class, and a vibrant economy.  Is it Italy?  Is it Greece?  Is it Argentina?

Good thing I didn't vote for him! I thought Romney is one of the smartest presidential candidates ever and would've made a great president.

Poor Mitts wasn't radical enough to please the teabaggers though

Enlightened/chosen- If you think there should be lower taxes, less regulations, and no obamacare, you ought to be one of Mr. Obamas biggest critics because his entire agenda runs totally counter to those items.

Good thing I didn't vote for him! I thought Romney is one of the smartest presidential candidates ever and would've made a great president.

Poor Mitts wasn't radical enough to please the teabaggers though

TEA Party;  Taxed Enough Already.   Since you are against the TEA party, then you must feel you need to be taxed more?     :huh: