republican lie dies

Big girl

Big Girl, Its one thing to make a promise to yourself. Its quite another to make one to the American people when you know there is no chance it will happen. For the record, when he made those statements, the word "hope" was not included. Since you are rewriting history to suit yourself, should we also now accept that the President said " If you like your healthcare plan, I HOPE you can keep it'? Did A&M offer a course in "self delusion" when you attended?

On April 18,2011 Standard and Poors issued a negative outlook on the USA debt. This means that, in the near future, it is possible that the credit rating will be lowered. S&P considered the government budget deficit of more than 11 percent of GDP AND net Government debt rising to about 80% or more of GDP by 2013 to be too high when compared to other AAA rated countries.

The country was warned in advance and S&P finally determined that its warning was not heeded when the August 15, 2011 decision was rendered.

If you want to believe that not raising the debt ceiling was the main reason for the downgrade, that's fine. But its just more proof that, rather than negotiating and providing leadership, the President was willing to let the downgrade take place instead of meeting the opposition half way as other Presidents have done.

what is our credit rating now?

Your link tries to infer that the first four years of job growth under Bush should be compared to the first four years under Obama.  When Obama took office, we had lost more jobs than at any other time in modern history.  Every time that has ever happened in this country, there has been a recovery and hence, an increase in jobs.  When Bush took over from Clinton, we were not at the depths of a recession and, resultantly, there was not going to be a huge rebound in employment numbers..  If you want to make comparisons, why not just compare the average unemployment rate during the Bush years to the average unemployment rate during the Obama years? 

It is both sides......They are all stubborn

That is why you need a President that can talk to both sides.....

Bill Clinton and Bush are two prime examples of Presidents getting things done using BOTH partys

Bill Clinton was a much better President than any bush. Bush couldn't even campaign for the Republicans during the last election because it would have hurt Romneys chances. Bill Clinton campaigned for Obama.

Don't have that answer.  Perhaps it was because he didn't have a "Monica" in his Presidential past and because he did not believe in more free stuff.  Can you tell me why Mr. Clinton did not get the House of Representatives to a majority position ( he campaigned for many of those candidates) and why he did not get more Democrat Governors elected to the point that they have a majority in that position as well?

Why didn't you answer my question about the Republican Majority in the House of Representatives and the Governorships?  As for the low information voters, yes the Republicans would like to have their support but the Republicans are hesitant to promise things that are unsustainable.  If you want to see some good examples of operating under unsustainable circumstances, look into San Bernardino, Mammoth Lakes, and Stockton California.  After that you can turn to Jefferson County, Alabama, Harrisburg , Pennsylvania, and Central Falls, Rhode Island and then, finally, Detroit.  Then to top it all off, read about the country of Greece and see what that does to an entire country.

Don't have that answer. Perhaps it was because he didn't have a "Monica" in his Presidential past and because he did not believe in more free stuff. Can you tell me why Mr. Clinton did not get the House of Representatives to a majority position ( he campaigned for many of those candidates) and why he did not get more Democrat Governors elected to the point that they have a majority in that position as well?

Yet he will help get his wife elected to the most powerful position in our government in a couple of years... And then you guys can spend the next 8 years turning your obsessions from President Obama to her. I look forward to the entertainment...

Yet he will help get his wife elected to the most powerful position in our government in a couple of years... And then you guys can spend the next 8 years turning your obsessions from President Obama to her. I look forward to the entertainment...

Not much difference between obama and Hillarious Rodman Clintonista.  So, if she is elected, it'll be done by the same "Low Information Voters" that elected obama.  Hoops -- name one accomplishment she had as Secretary Of State.

TxHoops- I am going to save your post.  I think there is a very good chance it will make for an interesting discussion in a couple of years.  In any event, I hope that the public will realize, sooner than later, that all of this great "compassion" has a price and the demand that it be paid is getting closer than many realize.

Please do.  If I were a betting man, she is the odds on favorite.  Could she lose?  Sure.  If she wins will you guys spend hours a week lamenting how she is ruining this country?  Without question.

As for the point I was making, when someone makes a point that W. is a political pariah, you bring up Clinton.  Which is why I brought up the entertainment value of this board.  One was extremely popular (even after his indiscretion and the copious amounts of cash the fiscally responsible GOP'ers spent on their ensuing crusade) and continues to be.  The other one left office with one of the lowest approval in history.  I am sure you know which is which ;)

Smitty, as for low information voters, it's amazing that is your belief (well, not really).  You two seem to cling to "it's the un-informed" or "it's those lazy, deadbeat, looking for free stuff" voters who have elected Obama and vote Democrat in general.  Yet, if you look at the states with the worst public education systems and most poverty, the majority of those are red states.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Mr. Bush left with a low approval rating because the public became convinced ( hmmm- who was responsible for convincing?) that the recession/financial crisis was directly attributable to Mr. Bush and his policies.  It simply isn't true or close to being true but that is how the public interpreted it.  Therefore, I suggest to you  that those who accepted that theory were truly low information voters regardless of their social/economic standing.  Speaking of low ratings, if things don't improve under Mr. Obama, he will set no records for favorable ratings when he leaves office either.   If you want to tell me that perception is reality, then you will also have to concede that" reality" is that Mr. Obamas administration is at the top of the heap when it comes to incompetence and dishonesty.  And yes, if Mrs. Clinton wins, and continues on the current path established by her predecessor, I will be one of those yelling about the damage she is doing to the country.  I would guess that Smitty would do the same.  Isn't that the way this country was organized?  Or is dissent supposed to be eliminated/silenced for "the common good"?

Please do.  If I were a betting man, she is the odds on favorite.  Could she lose?  Sure.  If she wins will you guys spend hours a week lamenting how she is ruining this country?  Without question.

As for the point I was making, when someone makes a point that W. is a political pariah, you bring up Clinton.  Which is why I brought up the entertainment value of this board.  One was extremely popular (even after his indiscretion and the copious amounts of cash the fiscally responsible GOP'ers spent on their ensuing crusade) and continues to be.  The other one left office with one of the lowest approval in history.  I am sure you know which is which ;)

Smitty, as for low information voters, it's amazing that is your belief (well, not really).  You two seem to cling to "it's the un-informed" or "it's those lazy, deadbeat, looking for free stuff" voters who have elected Obama and vote Democrat in general.  Yet, if you look at the states with the worst public education systems and most poverty, the majority of those are red states.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

good post.