DCTF 21-5A PREDICTIONS

Good year for the district. 6 teams .500 or better and 6-3 in the playoffs so far. A regional title would really make the district look good. With GR losing the Marks boys and Ridge Point basically losing everybody I think 21-5A sweeps the regional next year. Hopefully there's a defending state champ in the district also.

• 6 months later...

Wow I remember reading these threads and that's why I got back on the threads. That Cougar14 is a regular soothsayer and a full one at that. Hope that steak was good too bad I missed out. I would have to say a dark horse no more cause it's wide open and there for the taking. C'mon aboard the wagon fellas there's still a little room left. CC TAKEOVER convincing our suburb one win at a time!! #CodeRed!!

Good ole 06.  My favorite author used to be Cliff's.... Now I think it's you.......

2015 Predictions:

Preseason Offensive MVP - Tristen Cotton, QB Crosby

Preseason Defensive MVP - Nathan White, DE Crosby

1. Crosby(7/6)

2. King(8/3)

3. Dayton(8/7)

4. Kingwood Park(5/4)

5. Barber Hill(7/5)

6. New Caney(7/7)

7. Humble(6/6)

8. Porter(7/8)

9. Galena Park(5/4)

*Jeff Riordan - 5A preseason coach of the year.

*Crosby loses to Cedar Park in semis. 

*Keenan Murphy - preseason all-state

*Crosby ranked 9th in preseason coaches poll.

2015 Predictions:

Preseason Offensive MVP - Tristen Cotton, QB Crosby

Preseason Defensive MVP - Nathan White, DE Crosby

1. Crosby(7/6)

2. King(8/3)

3. Dayton(8/7)

4. Kingwood Park(5/4)

5. Barber Hill(7/5)

6. New Caney(7/7)

7. Humble(6/6)

8. Porter(7/8)

9. Galena Park(5/4)

*Jeff Riordan - 5A preseason coach of the year.

*Crosby loses to Cedar Park in semis. 

*Keenan Murphy - preseason all-state

*Crosby ranked 9th in preseason coaches poll.

​KP 4th, wow! 

I think King will have problems on the defensive side of the ball early on. 

Probably so, along with Oliver who was their best offensive lineman, I believe their best returning defensive lineman is also at Crosby now. Oliver will probably be the second best lineman in a very talented offensive front. 

But BG King offense skill kiddos were all jrs=21-5a stats per hou website=dist scoring leaders #1 T Williams 180 pts #2 J Green 150 pts #3 K Mc Bride(Dayt 102pts)#4 J Brantley 96 pts #10 D Francis 66 pts=12 gm #1 dist 5,930 yds #1 rush off 4123 yd=343.6 per gm #4 pass off=201 ypg =see ya again w/wrs D Coleman  24 catch=19 ypc 5 tds,R  Mc Cullough 24 catch 373 yd 16 ypc=5 tds **Stats not in equation=punt/kick return yds/tds.I may not be smart but when I drink I have dreams that Ant Mound(missed playoffs 2 straight =thats Priceless lol) & Crosby played 15 gm vs 12 King played.Crosby will be good no doubt but they didnt play Ridge Point,they lost to King & beat Dayt in OT@home,mark last 2 on the calender 2015 target =pressure & pressure is on Dayt,loss to Crosby=3 in a row & prolly break out the CC(not Crosby Cougars,credit card its time to start shopping)

But BG King offense skill kiddos were all jrs=21-5a stats per hou website=dist scoring leaders #1 T Williams 180 pts #2 J Green 150 pts #3 K Mc Bride(Dayt 102pts)#4 J Brantley 96 pts #10 D Francis 66 pts=12 gm #1 dist 5,930 yds #1 rush off 4123 yd=343.6 per gm #4 pass off=201 ypg =see ya again w/wrs D Coleman  24 catch=19 ypc 5 tds,R  Mc Cullough 24 catch 373 yd 16 ypc=5 tds **Stats not in equation=punt/kick return yds/tds.I may not be smart but when I drink I have dreams that Ant Mound(missed playoffs 2 straight =thats Priceless lol) & Crosby played 15 gm vs 12 King played.Crosby will be good no doubt but they didnt play Ridge Point,they lost to King & beat Dayt in OT@home,mark last 2 on the calender 2015 target =pressure & pressure is on Dayt,loss to Crosby=3 in a row & prolly break out the CC(not Crosby Cougars,credit card its time to start shopping)

​I'm not sure who J Green is but he didn't score 25 tds on 28 carries last year. I remember seeing he had 25 tds after 6 games or something last year. Through 12 games against 5 playoff teams King averaged 494 yards, through 15 games against 9 playoff teams Crosby averaged 424 yards. That's not bad considering what we lost off an offense that averaged 594 yards in 12 games the year prior.

Crosby went into Turner and beat KP, King went to Turner and got ground down. King dropped 62 on Dayton in Bronco Stadium, Crosby lost by controversial 7 in Sheldon. True, we didn't play RP but RP would have probably been a better matchup for Crosby instead of King. Williams likes to get his yards around the outside, just like against KP earlier in the year he couldn't get there on RP and they lost.

I think this year Crosby will get back to having the best offense in the district again, hopefully the defense can be close to the one that gave up 19.5 ppg last year.

DC's Quick Take: Call it #CC Takeover. This is the year Crosby jumps firmly on the statewide radar. First things first, though, and that's getting past a dangerous CE King team. Dayton's experience makes them a threat. 

​oh, dctf know Dayton has no qb? I guess somebody on the coaching staff told em Shaq will be the QB and he has experience and they believed it. Where was Styner name?  Didn't see it. 

• 2 months later...