DCTF 21-5A PREDICTIONS

I feel like I set the hook pretty good and I'm on the way to market with today's catch!!

2013 Hou Chron totals dist leaders 19-4a *Crosby Qb Aston Walter Pass=2,301 31 tds Aston Walter rush 901 yds=10 tds ** Rb Austin Walter rush 2,601 33 tds=(Total 5,803 )yds & 74 tds(Da Gone) ***Crosby's tot offense 2013=6,519 meaning 716 tot yds for Crosby is back for 2014   ***Dayton 2013 Chron leader totals 4,060 tot yds & all stat leaders back for 2014 **** Crosby beat Dayt by 6 pts late after being dwn @half.Who dat did the catching dis year,we'll see.BTW BH has 1,316 yds offense stat leaders back for 2014.Now I gotta ask?Who's the more capable Dark Horse 2014 per DCTF mag.Crosby w/ ret 6/7 OD Dayt 10/8 O/D ;) :D :D

Personally I don't consider Dayton a dark house. I keep pointing to the fact of how y'all had Brenham on the ropes in a down year last year. QB is going to be ready out of the gates this year, you just gotta stay healthy. Crosby, for the first time I can remember, is going to have a filthy O-line. With the RB they have, you'll see a different, but powerful look. Not scoring on 3 play drives and making those 10 play drives could help the defense out tremendously. Depends on how you look at last years game, on one side, you could say Crosby was loaded on the offensive side of the ball and Dayton kept them to their lowest point total in the regular season. If you're Crosby you could say it was the worse half of football they played in the first half playing without 6'5" receiver and found a way to claw back and win. So you can sell it either way depending on it you wear red or purple.

On the defensive side w/could not stop the run at all,but was near the top of the dist vs the pass.Now on the other hand Crosby wasn't very good either on defense esp vs the pass.Thing Dayt has been really good at is special teams for yrs=0 stats for this key element.Even when we lack size/skills on the O/D line our speedy lb's & secondary could catch kids in space keeping us in games.Last yr we had our issues early w/1st time qb & a rash of rb/wr injuries from time to time.I kept tellin folks wait till we get healthy & a few games under the new qb.Last part of the year we started gellin@ the right time.I'd like to believe how it ended will relate to how well we start 2014.All but 1 skill position player back.New O/C & new LB coach(Coach Davis last 3 yr@SC)SC's strength on defense.With great bunch of underclass kiddos to plug-in Dayt continues to re-load yr after yr.I get it,I like Crosby's offense,lawd help if they get a defense like the team in 09 had=4 rds.I'm not sayin Dayt is a dark horse,sayin they're more capable of being one before Crosby is by DCTF by what is returning

I didn't get the magazine this year, how far do they have Dayton and Crosby going?

they picked Crosby as a dark horse to play for state. I personally think Crosby will be a tough matchup up for dayton and really any team with a descent running game will be tough on dayton. They could not stop the run last year and will have the same problem this year. Dayton lost their best defensive prospect and return very little on the defensive side of the ball. Dayton should be able to score points on just about anybody if the don't turn the ball over though. I see a lot of high scoring games this year with dayton winning a bunch of shoot outs.

they picked Crosby as a dark horse to play for state. I personally think Crosby will be a tough matchup up for dayton and really any team with a descent running game will be tough on dayton. They could not stop the run last year and will have the same problem this year. Dayton lost their best defensive prospect and return very little on the defensive side of the ball. Dayton should be able to score points on just about anybody if the don't turn the ball over though. I see a lot of high scoring games this year with dayton winning a bunch of shoot outs.

I have to disagree with you...the defense was young and with a year under they belt things gonna be better this year!!!

For the naysayers Dayton has been@ least to round #3 or better 10 times going back to 1998 & 9 times out of 16 times the teams that beat us=La Marque(2 times),Brenham(2 times),Conroe Oak Ridge 2002(1 time)Manvel(1 time)Bay City(1 time)Lake Travis(1 time)Sulphur Springs(1 time)(you see any weakness of teams listed?)went to semi-finals or finals **Lake Travis 07 & Sulphur Springs 08 won state.I'll never doubt what we're capable of,I don't wanna look back before the Stewart staff era=only look forward to this year when (this group of kids) make their mark on Bronco history.If there is any weakness it's us the fans,get up off your seat support & buy a saus/turkey leg & support your booster club that totally funds the Dayt Jr High atheletic programs.Slackers don't play @Dayt=Winners play there that's why we play up vs great programs in scrimmages/pre-season games.Got a purple/white suit I'll take to my grave

For the naysayers Dayton has been@ least to round #3 or better 10 times going back to 1998 & 9 times out of 16 times the teams that beat us=La Marque(2 times),Brenham(2 times),Conroe Oak Ridge 2002(1 time)Manvel(1 time)Bay City(1 time)Lake Travis(1 time)Sulphur Springs(1 time)(you see any weakness of teams listed?)went to semi-finals or finals **Lake Travis 07 & Sulphur Springs 08 won state.I'll never doubt what we're capable of,I don't wanna look back before the Stewart staff era=only look forward to this year when (this group of kids) make their mark on Bronco history.If there is any weakness it's us the fans,get up off your seat support & buy a saus/turkey leg & support your booster club that totally funds the Dayt Jr High atheletic programs.Slackers don't play @Dayt=Winners play there that's why we play up vs great programs in scrimmages/pre-season games.Got a purple/white suit I'll take to my grave

are you going to be sporting the purple or white shoes with that suit.

• 5 months later...
Wow I remember reading these threads and that's why I got back on the threads. That Cougar14 is a regular soothsayer and a full one at that. Hope that steak was good too bad I missed out. I would have to say a dark horse no more cause it's wide open and there for the taking. C'mon aboard the wagon fellas there's still a little room left. CC TAKEOVER convincing our suburb one win at a time!! #CodeRed!!

Fb 06 I don't think any dayton folks that were downing the cougars ability are on this thread or link anymore, you might have to copy and paste this to the fall basketball link lol

#bullseye

#SOMUCHFORTHATDAYTONBRENHAMREMATCH

#CCTAKEOVER #CODERED #THETAKEOVERHASBEGAN #ENOUGHSAID #NOTHINGWILLBREAKUS #DEFENSE #KILLTHEHIPPOS

Fb 06 I don't think any dayton folks that were downing the cougars ability are on this thread or link anymore, you might have to copy and paste this to the fall basketball link lol

#bullseye

#SOMUCHFORTHATDAYTONBRENHAMREMATCH

#CCTAKEOVER #CODERED #THETAKEOVERHASBEGAN #ENOUGHSAID #NOTHINGWILLBREAKUS #DEFENSE #KILLTHEHIPPOS

We'll have to keep our eyes and ears out to people that come in as newbies trying to get on the wagon. I've dug thru a few and can call some out but need help trying to Police this new found affinity for the AreaRegion champs. For example 5408 who is this Coug88?? Do u know them or are they just a Dayton fan disguised ?? I've been monitoring that one that has been siding with Indians too and claims to have Golden Triangle ties. Be on the lookout cowbellers!!! CC TAKEOVER one town at a time!!

We'll have to keep our eyes and ears out to people that come in as newbies trying to get on the wagon. I've dug thru a few and can call some out but need help trying to Police this new found affinity for the AreaRegion champs. For example 5408 who is this Coug88?? Do u know them or are they just a Dayton fan disguised ?? I've been monitoring that one that has been siding with Indians too and claims to have Golden Triangle ties. Be on the lookout cowbellers!!! CC TAKEOVER one town at a time!!

By that logic I would be a disguised WB Bruins fan. Keep an eye on me.