Without Due Process?

smitty

obama's administration is attacking the Washington Redskins through the United States Patent and Trademark Office.  This is attacking private business WITHOUT due process.  Is this a legitimate legal function of the government to do this?  Or is it perfectly justified?

http://tracking.si.com/2014/06/18/washington-redskins-trademark-cancelled/

obama's administration is attacking the Washington Redskins through the United States Patent and Trademark Office.  This is attacking private business WITHOUT due process.  Is this a legitimate legal function of the government to do this?  Or is it perfectly justified?

http://tracking.si.com/2014/06/18/washington-redskins-trademark-cancelled/

You do know this happened twice before right? Once under Bush and once under President Barack Obama's first term. Hmmmm, and the name never changed, imagine that. And I highly doubt it will change now.

Don't worry about the economy and jobs.  Don't worry about the people dying waiting for appointments at the VA.  Don't worry about Benghazi.  Don't worry about the IRS/Lois Lerner/Lost emails.  Don't worry about what is taking place in Iraq.  Concentrate on climate change, Hillarys new book, and the Redskins and everything else will fall into place.

Tell me how this is obama fault are we talking political maters or just bashing obama

It isnt his fault so the bashing is just a fact as done in most threads on this side of the forum, and actually has nothing to do with the administration in a major fashion but i'll let the others cook though. I know a little more about this situation than most folks seeing as this has happened more than once already and I paid attention to it. 

They will appeal and win as they have done previously. I'll say this: Goodell is about money, just like Snyder is and I dont see this even being an issue come August, money talks.... ;)

Tell me how this is obama fault are we talking political maters or just bashing obama

Do you honestly think the United States Patent and Trademark Office acted on its own?  They just didn't wake up one day and all of a sudden get offended.  You can lay this at feet of obama.  He's in charge, isn't he?   It's about obama denying personal property rights without due process.  What, do you think this is something that obama wouldn't jump all over.  This is something he can strike back at that has been part of America. 

Remember his peons think he is not responsible for anything, never his fault which is just how he likes it!

Correct...many seem to think he is just hanging around in the White House, golf course etc. letting events happen on their own while he gets updated by reading about it in the newspapers.

His supporters can somehow distance him from every bad result while blaming Bush for not personally going to Iraq looking in storage sheds for the WMD.

Correct...many seem to think he is just hanging around in the White House, golf course etc. letting events happen on their own while he gets updated by reading about it in the newspapers.

His supporters can somehow distance him from every bad result while blaming Bush for not personally going to Iraq looking in storage sheds for the WMD.

Maybe this is another case of obama learning what the Patent office did against the Redskins on the news!      ;)

It isnt his fault so the bashing is just a fact as done in most threads on this side of the forum, and actually has nothing to do with the administration in a major fashion but i'll let the others cook though. I know a little more about this situation than most folks seeing as this has happened more than once already and I paid attention to it. 

They will appeal and win as they have done previously. I'll say this: Goodell is about money, just like Snyder is and I dont see this even being an issue come August, money talks.... ;)

Sure they will appeal.  Sure they will win.  But, there's a bigger picture here.  Let's make it personal: What if the federal government eliminated your private property rights due to the interpretation of political correctness by five people, or a very tiny minority of people. What if these people are offended by something that you own?  So, here comes an agency of the federal government, without any court order, and they decide to eliminate your private property rights because of political correctness, and because they're liberals.  Would this be OK with you?!

Explain the bold words.  How do you know for a fact it isn't his fault?

LOL!  What a NON answer.   So, you say obama's not in charge?   The buck stops where?

1. Don't even think or breathe about putting words in my mouth.

2. Like I stated before (and pardon me if you have a reading disorder): pay attention to the WHOLE situation, if you do that you can answer your own question. ;)

1. Don't even think or breathe about putting words in my mouth.

2. Like I stated before (and pardon me if you have a reading disorder): pay attention to the WHOLE situation, if you do that you can answer your own question. ;)

Actually you did pretty much state that obama's not in charge, of this situation at least, when you said it wasn't his fault that one of HIS agency's did something. 

No reading disorder here.  Maybe that's the problem, I do know exactly what you said. 

It's about purely political correctness.  And striking back what's been traditionally America.  And as anyone has seen, this is what obama's all about.  He said, elect me so we can fundamentally change America. 

PS -- So, you are telling us that if obama DID NOT agree with the patent decision that he COULD NOT have stopped it??     ;)

PSS -- The US Patent Office is a division of the The Commerce Department.  The Secretary of The Commerce Department is APPOINTED by the President.  SO YES -- this has his finger prints all over it!!      ;)  ;)

PSSS -- Dang, Buddy, you are wrong on politics and wrong on football!     :D    (Just teasing)