I want an answer

jv_coach

Here’s my question for the President and honest to God, I want an answer: If you were this committed to saving Sgt. Bergdahl, so that you’d break the law and let 5 mad dogs loose, then why on God’s green earth didn’t you do something to rescue the 4 Americans slaughtered at Benghazi? Why did you roll over, go to sleep, and fly off on Air Force One the next day for a Las Vegas political fundraiser instead of moving heaven and earth to save Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty? That’s the real question.

Here’s my question for the President and honest to God, I want an answer: If you were this committed to saving Sgt. Bergdahl, so that you’d break the law and let 5 mad dogs loose, then why on God’s green earth didn’t you do something to rescue the 4 Americans slaughtered at Benghazi? Why did you roll over, go to sleep, and fly off on Air Force One the next day for a Las Vegas political fundraiser instead of moving heaven and earth to save Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty? That’s the real question.

It is an apples and oranges question. The Bergdahl case has been brewing for years. You can't come close to comparing that to an incident that happened within hours. There simply is no comparison.

You don't want an answer.  You just want to rant your hatred for the president.  If you want an answer to your question, go read what the general who was in charge of military operations in the area had to say.   He told us why there was no military response.

Westend, do you believe the President and his administration have misled/lied regarding any of the scandals that have unfolded over the last couple of years or do you fully accept his contentions about each of them?  As a specific example, do you believe the IRS contention that suddenly, Ms. Lerners emails for a couple of years have been lost?

Westend, do you believe the President and his administration have misled/lied regarding any of the scandals that have unfolded over the last couple of years or do you fully accept his contentions about each of them?  As a specific example, do you believe the IRS contention that suddenly, Ms. Lerners emails for a couple of years have been lost?

I believe that IRS workers received a directive to go after organizations that were lying about their status as non political organizations.   Lazy gov workers went after low hanging fruit, which was any org that has "party" in their name.  TEA party was an obvious easy target.   They were lying about being non political, weren't they?

I may be wrong on this but I would be willing to bet a reasonable sum that a vast majority of those "investigated " did NOT have Tea party in their titles.  Can you point me toward something that will suggest otherwise?

I am willing to bet that a majority of those scrutinized had a political sounding name.   How much are you in for?

Are you willing to admit that Yobama has lied because there is plenty of evidence that he has or is he and his admin. just stupid? Has to be one or the other which will you choose? not so much evidence on those groups you speak of!

Come on, now.  Political sounding is a very relative term and one could declare almost anything as "political sounding".  Sounds like you are now backing off of your original contention which was" Tea Party was an obvious easy target.  Furthermore, are you trying to suggest that the only "political sounding names" were of conservative groups?

Come on, now.  Political sounding is a very relative term and one could declare almost anything as "political sounding".  Sounds like you are now backing off of your original contention which was" Tea Party was an obvious easy target.  Furthermore, are you trying to suggest that the only "political sounding names" were of conservative groups?

The majority staff dug into the applications of both conservative groups and progressive groups given extra scrutiny by the IRS, but for the purposes of the analysis looked only at groups with names that included terms the IRS used for flagging. The terms included "conservative," "Tea Party," "patriot 9/12" and "progressive."

The committee opted not to make any judgments about the political leanings of other groups given extra scrutiny by the IRS, sticking only with those listed on IRS "Be on the Lookout" watch lists.

Should these groups get extra scrutiny when applying for tax exempt status?

I very much doubt you are qualified to decide who does and who does not deserve tax exempt status.  Dance around it all you want.  The point of all this is that the vast majority of the investigative targets were from the right.  There is nothing co-incidental about that just as there is nothing co-incidental about all the missing emails and Ms. Lerner pleading the fifth.  ( and, I am pretty sure any level headed person realizes this but some will not abandon/question the cause under any circumstance)

So Westend, you are saying that the IRS targeted left and right groups equally...no bias at all in the investigations?

Both you and I have no idea.  if there were 10 conservative political groups applying for exempt status for every 1 liberal group, it might seem like they were targeted.    Doesn't necessarily make it fact.