New Lumberton Helmets?

I guess the flat paint is becoming the new trend. I think a couple of other teams have gone to them, Vidor maybe?

I think what would look good is for WOS to have a flat navy blue with a silver flying WOS sticker. However, as long as Cornel will be at WOS, it will be a cold day in hell before he changes ANYTHING about the uniforms. Lol!! Hes an old school coach with the not broke dont fix attitude. Nothing wrong with that at all though, he is one of the top coaches in the history of Texas football in my opinion and can do what he wants. He really likes the throw backs that emphasize the tradition and culture of Mustang football. With the exception of one home and away jersey, same exact uniforms same helmet since the flying wos was introduced in 1986.

WOS actually wears a bunch of different old uniforms though the season. Homecoming they wear the oldest they have. I was told Lumberton might change the logo on the helmet before the season. It actually has a little gold on the reins for some weird reason. There's seems to be a cycle at Lumberton. School colors are like the Oilers (which looks great if done right). Then a coach switches them to red and silver. Oilers colors returned under Creduer and now look to be gone again. Last year Haynes also brought the same uniform design he had at Hardin and Crosby but didn't use them in every game. I saw matte helmets at Vidor, Kountze, Woodville, North Shore, Baytown Sterling, Jasper and HJ last year just to name a few.

WOS actually wears a bunch of different old uniforms though the season. Homecoming they wear the oldest they have. I was told Lumberton might change the logo on the helmet before the season. It actually has a little gold on the reins for some weird reason. There's seems to be a cycle at Lumberton. School colors are like the Oilers (which looks great if done right). Then a coach switches them to red and silver. Oilers colors returned under Creduer and now look to be gone again. Last year Haynes also brought the same uniform design he had at Hardin and Crosby but didn't use them in every game. I saw matte helmets at Vidor, Kountze, Woodville, North Shore, Baytown Sterling, Jasper and HJ last year just to name a few.

When i was playing, we could have probably worn a different uniform for every regular aeason game. Lol. Baseball also. One of my favorites were the all white with WOS on the sleeves and WOS on the hips. I think they were cursed though. If i remember correctly, they wore those in the '88 state game, '98 playoff against Silsbee and the '00 state game.

I think what would look good is for WOS to have a flat navy blue with a silver flying WOS sticker. However, as long as Cornel will be at WOS, it will be a cold day in hell before he changes ANYTHING about the uniforms. Lol!! Hes an old school coach with the not broke dont fix attitude. Nothing wrong with that at all though, he is one of the top coaches in the history of Texas football in my opinion and can do what he wants. He really likes the throw backs that emphasize the tradition and culture of Mustang football. With the exception of one home and away jersey, same exact uniforms same helmet since the flying wos was introduced in 1986.

Same at Nederland.  Although Neumann didn't bring in the Notre Dame gold helmets and uniforms he doesn't seem to be interested in changing it either (not that he should).

I was out at the VYPE photoshoot today and I caught a few new helmet/uniform nuggets:

-Hardin-Jefferson had some matte navy blue helmets. Not sure if they will get new unis but I've heard that they may.

-PN-G players told me that they're going to get new facemasks that are purple with white in the middle.

-I heard that Nederland might be getting new unis from some players just talking. Don't know how true it is though.

-Jasper's player had on a maroon Adidas jersey. Last year I know they had the Russell Athletic ones

Saw the matte navy HJ helmets. The Jasper jerseys are old, from at least the 2011 season. They usually mix old and new uniforms throughout the year. Matte is really catching on in SETX. Wonder when chrome will? HS is usually a couple years after college trends.

Yeah I saw some pictures on Google with the Jasper Adidas jerseys, they just looked new to me lol.

As far as the chrome goes, I know one school where that's a very strong possibility for the upcoming season.