Welp…

How does this article translate to "Dems are stupid"?

They are crowing like they beat someone. One conservative replaced a less conservative one in a seat that will likely stay Republican. That new Republican might be a bigger thorn in the side of the Dems than the guy that is being replaced and they act and think it is a great deal. 

To me, that is stupid. 

They are crowing like they beat someone. One conservative replaced a less conservative one in a seat that will likely stay Republican. That new Republican might be a bigger thorn in the side of the Dems than the guy that is being replaced and they act and think it is a great deal. 

To me, that is stupid.

I didn't see any crowing in the article. No sure who they is that you refer to. Pubs did lose a guy with lots of seniority, however.

I didn't see any crowing in the article. No sure who they is that you refer to. Pubs did lose a guy with lots of seniority, however.

They did, and I think they need to lose some more for things to change.

Many of the GOP establishment even though they may differ from the Democrats on key issues like gun-control and energy are still big spenders and have no problem with a massive fed gov.

They just feel they can manage it better than the Democrats.

I know it is risky to knock out a "establishment" guy for a Tea party candidate, but allowing the fed gov to grow like it has been is unsustainable.

If they even win the general election, you always risk the gung ho new guys getting "transformed" when they get there also...but someone has to begin to try to slow or stop growth of the fed gov.

They did, and I think they need to lose some more for things to change.

Many of the GOP establishment even though they may differ from the Democrats on key issues like gun-control and energy are still big spenders and have no problem with a massive fed gov.

They just feel they can manage it better than the Democrats.

I know it is risky to knock out a "establishment" guy for a Tea party candidate, but allowing the fed gov to grow like it has been is unsustainable.

If they even win the general election, you always risk the gung ho new guys getting "transformed" when they get there also...but someone has to begin to try to slow or stop growth of the fed gov.

That's fair enough.  The voters got the guy they wanted.  It's a tradeoff, but they thought it was worth it.

I'm really in disbelief how shortsighted the loonies here are.

Tea party returning to prominence means the republicans will have to become more extreme (aka religious freaks), which almost guarantees a 2016 win for Hillary Clinton.

And Hillary Rodman Clinton is not extreme??!!   Her and obama are from the same Saul Alinsky belief...

I never said she wasn't, commoner.

I think she'd make a terrible president. But she's 100% going to win if she runs because the republicans will run some religious freak who'll completely turn off the voting population under 30 years of age.

And Hillary Rodman Clinton is not extreme??!!   Her and obama are from the same Saul Alinsky belief...

new tobie, do you ever wonder why no one takes your comments seriously?

You may not like his manner of stating his point but he actually makes a good point. If the tea party could succeed in getting one of their candidates nominated for the presidency, they would be handing the keys to the White House to the Dems for another 4 years. The good news for you is there is almost no chance that will happen because the majority of the Republican Party realizes this.

You may not like his manner of stating his point but he actually makes a good point. If the tea party could succeed in getting one of their candidates nominated for the presidency, they would be handing the keys to the White House to the Dems for another 4 years. The good news for you is there is almost no chance that will happen because the majority of the Republican Party realizes this.

I bet at one point you thought Ted Cruz would not be a Senator from Texas!   TEA party all the way on this one.

BTW -- what do you have against the philosophy of the TEA party?

I bet at one point you thought Ted Cruz would not be a Senator from Texas! TEA party all the way on this one.
BTW -- what do you have against the philosophy of the TEA party?

Ted Cruz is as likely to win the nomination as Rick Perry is/was. My thoughts on the tea party is not germane to my point. My point was these candidates are not electable in a general, national election (in my opinion anyway). They seem to be seen as radicals who are very off putting the moderates who now comprise the majority of the voters in this country. I believe for the foreseeable future, the presidency will be won by who garners the most votes in the middle. A tea party candidate will not accomplish this. The GOP's best bet in '16 will be a Chris Christie type. And the nominee has to be careful not to jump in bed with the radical right (as the last two nominees felt it necessary to do). It is a great help in securing the nomination. It is a great hindrance in winning the office.