Austin Super Regional

Ty Cobb

My comment about beating the better team was slightly sarcastic to whoever said Houston was the better team, but my comment also meant that if there is another team who is better on paper, I say bring 'em on. If I am going to win a NC, I am going to have to play and beat the better teams. Being better on paper never means anything. If it did, they wouldn't have to play the games. If Houston was the better team, they didn't show it in a best of three. Some teams really find their groove in the playoffs and Texas is doing just that.

I would rather score runs throughout the game as opposed to one big inning, but a win is a win. Shutouts are always nice.

Get over it. The coogs weren't even the best team in your city. And we won 3 out of 4 from the team that was.

Wait for the " we were 3-0 vs Rice this year......" Blah, blah, blah.

UH beat Rice on Tuesdays and never saw a weekend starter. Then they go to Baton Rouge in one of the weakest regionals. The only decent pitcher they see beats them.

When Frank Anderson leaves, TW will be on his own again. Let's see how that works out.

Watching the Top 12 ranked teams in the country fall like dominoes, do we know who the better teams are?

BBCOR Bats have definitely leveled the playing fields allowing a lot of these smaller schools to compete. Next year they are changing the balls, so it will be interesting to see how it affects the game.

Watching the Top 12 ranked teams in the country fall like dominoes, do we know who the better teams are?

That's actually a very good point. Tough to say. As is PhatMack's following yours. The bats have taken the long ball out of the equation in parks like the Disch.

I like defensive baseball with a premium on pitching and manufacturing runs. For a while, the bats had made the college game ridiculous with football-type scores. However, I do hope the new balls next year provide a little more pop. There should be at least the threat of the long ball in the game.