The unfairness of America

stevenash

On almost a daily basis for a number of years, I hear the left screaming about how unfair things are in this country.  Just curious what everybody else thinks.  Do we need to take care of the poor?  Of course we do.  But to what extent?  How do the improverished in this country compare to the poor in the rest of the world?

Here are a few items that already exist in our quest to make things fair:

Section 8 housing

Food stamps

unemployment payouts

Obamacare

Medicare

Medicaid

Disability compensation

Stafford Loans

Pell Grants

Emergency Food Assistance

Temporary Assistance for needy families

Trade Adjustment Assistance Program

Low Income Legal Advice

Child Care Subsidies

Financial Assistance for heating, coolling, and energy bills

I would like your opinion on this:  To what extent should we go in order to feel we are doing enough for the needy?  How do we make sure that these benefits are provided ONLY for the truly needy?

Oops, I forgot one more small question that many NEVER consider.  How do we pay for an increase in these benefits and exactly who will be paying for an increase?

In life, there is always a cause and reaction to every move. But, we've always paid for the increase. 

I disagree.  We've always had the increases but they have not been paid for.  Thats why the country continues to go further into debt.  There is a limit to  how much debt the markets will allow you to have.   If you dont believe me, ask Spain, Italy, and Greece.

Dove, Big girl, Pamfam, and New tobie: If the Miami Heat wins the title again, that will be three straight years ( the rich getting richer) This is unfair to the Milwaukee Bucks and Cleveland Cavaliers ( poor getting poorer). I demand legislation be enacted to neutralize this inequality. We should institute a fairness tax on the Heat. This tax would require them to win each game by 15 points or more in order to count it as a win. I also think they should be required to have at least 5 caucasians on the playing roster in the interest of diversity and tolerance. Furthermore, the Heat should compensate the BUcks and Cavs for the ill gotten gains they have in attendance revenue. Since they have superior attendance and more attendance revenue, the oppressed deserve a portion of those ill gotten gains. All of this, of course, is a reasonable way to "level the playing field" After all, it's only right that we "spread the wealth"

Dove, Big girl, Pamfam, and New tobie: If the Miami Heat wins the title again, that will be three straight years ( the rich getting richer) This is unfair to the Milwaukee Bucks and Cleveland Cavaliers ( poor getting poorer). I demand legislation be enacted to neutralize this inequality. We should institute a fairness tax on the Heat. This tax would require them to win each game by 15 points or more in order to count it as a win. I also think they should be required to have at least 5 caucasians on the playing roster in the interest of diversity and tolerance. Furthermore, the Heat should compensate the BUcks and Cavs for the ill gotten gains they have in attendance revenue. Since they have superior attendance and more attendance revenue, the oppressed deserve a portion of those ill gotten gains. All of this, of course, is a reasonable way to "level the playing field" After all, it's only right that we "spread the wealth"

This was plain retarded if the heat win 3 straight blah blah blah the bucks are not dying of hunger the nba do not have homeless players. That was just a sad example.

I think compassion is great but..the needy or lazy are riding in the wagon and the tax payers are pulling the wagon and it seems that as time rolls on more and more are getting into the wagon and less and less are pulling the wagon...get where I'm going with this? Heck what would happen if we all just jump in the wagon? I would guess then we could just sit still and have compassion for each other, and slowing starve to death.

I think compassion is great but..the needy or lazy are riding in the wagon and the tax payers are pulling the wagon and it seems that as time rolls on more and more are getting into the wagon and less and less are pulling the wagon...get where I'm going with this? Heck what would happen if we all just jump in the wagon? I would guess then we could just sit still and have compassion for each other, and slowing starve to death.

Very well said sir, but the ten or 15 times I have said it, it has fallen on deaf ears. The incentive to produce is being removed and replaced with an encouragement to let the government solve all issues.

Pamfam- have you ever compared the "poverty line" in this country with it of other countries? What is the solution to getting people out from under the poverty line? Is it simply to give them money? ( Lyndon Johnson started "The War on Poverty" many years ago and while it sounds so noble, it has changed very little. Please tell us how you would deal with this if you were the President.

:lol: