2014 Crosby Cougars district placing

Crosby cougars  

54 members have voted

1. 1. what place will Crosby finish in district

2. 2. will Crosby make it out of the first round

According to Riordan this is the strongest and fastest team he's coached since his '09 Sulphur Springs team. Just a few notes coming out of recent testing.

Slot receiver Vernon Allen benched and cleaned 300+ while squatting an eye popping 660 at somewhere in the 180lbs range

Josh Opiela benched 400+ while squatting 700lbs and running a sub 5 second 40.
Both guys above competed at the state powerlifting meet last year and are primed to go back.

Not sure what they ran but the word was the fastest kids on the track were the two sophomores, Taylor Perry and Emmanuel Netherley, who both got playing time on varsity last year as freshman. In all, 27 kids squatted 400+ and 15 benched 300+. Best part about is that we'll still have most of these kids next year also.

Last years roster lists him@6' 270 :D

Last years roster lists him@6' 270 :D

Yeah, he was 268.6 at the state meet in March. Will probably be up around 275 when the season starts, should be the strongest kid in the district overall. Should have a nice trio on the d-line with him, Nathan White who checked in at 6-1/227lbs at the Rivals camp as a sophomore and was starting until he broke his leg last year, plus the other kid who's pretty good size that I can't think of.

Sounds like Daytons weight room right now

They better hit it hard and get some of that finesse out then, otherwise they'll give up 2000 more rushing yards in the district again this year. Rather the offense is potent or not if you're going to let teams pound it down your throat and eat up clock you're going to have issues. Trust me, Crosby fans know all about scoring in the 30's and 40's and still losing.

According to Riordan this is the strongest and fastest team he's coached since his '09 Sulphur Springs team. Just a few notes coming out of recent testing.

Slot receiver Vernon Allen benched and cleaned 300+ while squatting an eye popping 660 at somewhere in the 180lbs range

Josh Opiela benched 400+ while squatting 700lbs and running a sub 5 second 40.
Both guys above competed at the state powerlifting meet last year and are primed to go back.

Not sure what they ran but the word was the fastest kids on the track were the two sophomores, Taylor Perry and Emmanuel Netherley, who both got playing time on varsity last year as freshman. In all, 27 kids squatted 400+ and 15 benched 300+. Best part about is that we'll still have most of these kids next year also.

thats actually impressive. Was told last year that Crosby had some strong kids at the power lifting meets. Did Chase Nix end up going anywhere? Kid had good size and was strong as heck.

thats actually impressive. Was told last year that Crosby had some strong kids at the power lifting meets. Did Chase Nix end up going anywhere? Kid had good size and was strong as heck.

Chase Nix signed with West Texas A&M. He was rated a two star and #86 ILB in the country by 247 composite. Should have a good career out in Canyon.

• 2 weeks later...
Crosby picked up another transfer in Atascosita sophomore qb. Pretty good size and feet from what I hear. Word is he was going to be battling for the starting job at Atascosita. He's going to be the backup to Tristan Cotton the next couple of years and most likely take over his senior year. Roster just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

* side note - I'm hearing the backfield and O-line are killing it in camp

Crosby picked up another transfer in Atascosita sophomore qb. Pretty good size and feet from what I hear. Word is he was going to be battling for the starting job at Atascosita. He's going to be the backup to Tristan Cotton the next couple of years and most likely take over his senior year. Roster just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

* side note - I'm hearing the backfield and O-line are killing it in camp

Qb's bailing out@ Atascocita=Jonathan Brantley xfered & now I got word he xfered back to CE King + King got a xfer from North Shore :D ;)

I'm curios to see how Crosby's gonna do offensively after losing the 3 yr totals of the Walter twins.Austin(dist 19-4a rushing leader 3 yrs in a row=5,576 yds & 67 tds)Aston Walter QB=5,600 yds passing,84 tds,20 ints + 2,354 rush yds & 26 tds.Combined soph,jr,sr yrs=13,530 yds of offense & a whopping 151 touchdowns. ;)Thumps self between the eyes=How did we have (1)6 pt loss vs Coogs over those 3 yrs w/a defense Coog 14 says can't stop a cold :D :D

Liltex, they'll score this year, but I think the difference will be you're going to see 10-12 play drives, not the 3-5 play drives from years past. Possessions will be fewer because they'll est up more clock so taking care of the pigskin is at a premium. Bottom line though, are they gonna be able to stop the other team.

I'm curios to see how Crosby's gonna do offensively after losing the 3 yr totals of the Walter twins.Austin(dist 19-4a rushing leader 3 yrs in a row=5,576 yds & 67 tds)Aston Walter QB=5,600 yds passing,84 tds,20 ints + 2,354 rush yds & 26 tds.Combined soph,jr,sr yrs=13,530 yds of offense & a whopping 151 touchdowns. ;)Thumps self between the eyes=How did we have (1)6 pt loss vs Coogs over those 3 yrs w/a defense Coog 14 says can't stop a cold :D :D

Crosby has rushed for 1133 yards on Dayton the last three games. The reason our overall offensive numbers are so high is because Riordan coordinates a very good passing attack. No matter who he's coached his teams have consistently put up 5-6k yards a season. True that Austin ran for over 2k yards but so did Ryan Young who didn't even play D1 football. True Aston threw for over 2k yards and rushed for over 500, that makes him the 4th player Riordan has coached to do so and I'm not even sure he's 35 yet.

Believe me when I tell you these next two year totals Cotton puts up will be better than the last two Aston put up barring injury. The kid is actually a qb playing qb vs Aston, Merka, and Starks who were just great athletes that happened to be the best qb we had on the roster. Now instead of Austin killing it by hisself from the rb spot we two D1 prospects in Allen and Williams to deal with. 3 of our 4 starting receivers are over 6' tall and the one that isn't, Vernon Allen, will probably be the best one of them all. We'll be putting up 500ypg and 40+ points again this year with no problem.

Best part about it is we bring back 7 starters on a defense that was pretty decent lest two games last year. See you in The Jungle in a couple of months.

• 3 months later...

He always brought some reasons behind his opinion, why was he banned?

There was a moderator abusing his power and defacing people from Crosby's profile but they couldn't do the same to his. He pm' him to express his thoughts and was subsequently banned. This was only happening to Crosby people and it was for less than what other poster's actions covered. There's more credence given to the "we'll win because we have heart" theory, or the "this is what we do" approach instead of actually using some type of statistical analysis to form opinions which exactly why people outside of this region laugh at most of us. Some people from the SETX area are still living in the glory days.