Texas Tech Practice

• 1 month later...

Big get for Kliff as well as the basketball team. His brother is one of the top players in the state and many think they are a package deal.

His brother is an unbelievable hooper (6'8").  Mikey and Mickey to Lubbock.  I don't think this deal gets done with out Tubby on the scene either.  I also think A&M would have gotten them both if their basketball program wasn't a dumpster fire right now.

• 2 weeks later...
Not often to teams make the perfect hire but I really think KK was a home run. He was a no brainer hire really given his success under Sumlin combined with being a star player for Tech. The added benefit is he is unlikely to be looking to leave at the first moderate upgrade (see Mike Leach). If he makes it a career destination, I can see Tech being a force for years to come. He obviously is an offensive whiz and the kids/recruits love him. Tech is the school to beat for a 5* receiver out of Louisiana right now.