Johnny Manziel Wonderlic Test Score

Gotta wonder where he will land.  I have often wondered and now more than ever what would this draft picture be like if he had not had the questionable off season after his Heisman Year.  He appears to have aced his draft test - every one - but some still question his maturity.  Had he had a better off season last year I think he would be the unquestioned 1st pick in this years draft.

He got his ring yesterday and only has 20 hours left to graduate.

Putting my personal opinion of John aside, I hope he fulfills his graduation requirements. So many college athletes do not take advantage of the free education they are being provided at some of the best universities in America. I know so many young people, who are not athletes, that are not afforded that same opportunity.

We will also be celebrating my nephew's Aggie ring this weekend. It's a great accomplishment.

Gotta wonder where he will land.  I have often wondered and now more than ever what would this draft picture be like if he had not had the questionable off season after his Heisman Year.  He appears to have aced his draft test - every one - but some still question his maturity.  Had he had a better off season last year I think he would be the unquestioned 1st pick in this years draft.

+1

I don't know what more the kid could have done since offseason to elevate his draft stock.  The Wonderlic score is pleasantly surprising to me - goes to show you that you should never stereotype someone for anything.  I realize there are question marks with Manziel but isn't that true of virtually every kid?  I can think of two locks at QB over the past 15 years and Indianapolis drafted both of them (and were they really locks or kids most thought were locks and turned out to be what they were forecasted).  The more I see and read, the more I think this kid is going to be a star in this league.  I pray he stays healthy because he is poised to continue to be a superstar in this game for years to come.  And really, even as a Longhorn, it's been a long, LONG time since I've seen a QB as entertaining and exciting to watch as Johnny.

I really think the Texans will take him.  

The problem is that a QB will not fix their problems. They need numbers. Any QB will start behind a line that was pretty bad last season and a defense that got blistered. I jusst dint see them passing on Clowney who is the most NFL ready player from day one. They can get a QB in the later rounds for less money.