WOS @ BC 3/28/14

[quote name="Fevertree" post="1478273" timestamp="1395957738"]Can anyone refresh my memory on who John Patterson and the Mustangs lost to in the final district game of 1996. For those that do not remember Patterson, John was a Prep All American and was the 5th overall pick in the 1st round of the 1996 MLB Draft.

BC @ WOS in Coach Young's final win as a Cardinal. Cards forced WOS to play a play in with LCM in which they lost as well. Only 2 teams made it in back then.

WOS had more hits vs Kelly than BC
But that's just the box score, sure they squared up on a few that didn't fall

Let's play "6 degrees of separation" or "compare the opponents". BC beat Lumberton twice and Lumberton threw their 1 and 2 against the Cardinals. Lumberton shut out WOS without throwing their #1 or #2. So what does any of this or the talk from Buna or about the Buna game mean in relation to tomorrow nights game.......NOTHING. Different game, different day. Potential for a good game, absolutely.

Rake1

Then say it. Don't make it out to be all sports and don't speak unless you know facts or be prepared to get called on it.

Rake1

I think my quote was accurate. At least with the boys' sports. BC is pretty awful at those not requiring a bat or distance running. Maybe that's why the AD was relieved?

I think my quote was accurate. At least with the boys' sports. BC is pretty awful at those not requiring a bat or distance running. Maybe that's why the AD was relieved?

You are one who crawfished from the first statement you made. I just called you on it and then gave an example to support my point.

I guess the bigger question is what, if anything, does this have to do with the topic?

Rake1

You are one who crawfished from the first statement you made. I just called you on it and then gave an example to support my point.

I guess the bigger question is what, if anything, does this have to do with the topic?

Rake1

My response to your comment was over your head. Reread your comment I was responding to, and the use of "think" or its derivative in my response. My initial comment was made to be funny. You didn't think so, others did. Carry on with the thread - my apologies for getting it sidetracked. Should be a heck of a game.

My response to your comment was over your head. Reread your comment I was responding to, and the use of "think" or its derivative in my response. My initial comment was made to be funny. You didn't think so, others did. Carry on with the thread - my apologies for getting it sidetracked. Should be a heck of a game.

The twist on this subject is laughable and I assure you far from over my head. My response was meant to enlighten you, which it obviously did after seeing you "clarify" your initial statement. And yes it should be a good game.

Rake1

Thanks for the info Critter. I believe BC won that game 2-1...........I was using Patterson to make a point. It doesn't matter what your stats are, you still have to play the game.  I have faith in the Mustangs. WOS 5 BC 4.........Good luck to both teams.

Patterson didn't start that game. That lost to BC allowed Nederland to make playoffs as they beat Lumberton that night. 

The twist on this subject is laughable and I assure you far from over my head. My response was meant to enlighten you, which it obviously did after seeing you "clarify" your initial statement. And yes it should be a good game.

Rake1

Apparently it was. I wasn't clarifying anything. I was giving an example (big difference). But your response is noted. Congrats to '11 Cards football team for not sucking. But I would concede the argument to you, and congratulate you on your excellent retort, if football and baseball were the only sports....

Apparently it was. I wasn't clarifying anything. I was giving an example (big difference). But your response is noted. Congrats to '11 Cards football team for not sucking. But I would concede the argument to you, and congratulate you on your excellent retort, if football and baseball were the only sports....

Oh no, on the contrary, forgive me for misunderstanding your thoughts and not what you actually wrote. What world do you live in where you can write "It's not WOS's fault that BC sucks in every sport but baseball and cross country..." and that mean "I am thinking about BC's competitiveness, or lack thereof, on the hardwoods....". Retort and concede that. Breathlessly awaiting your next morsel of knowledge you see fit to share with the rest of the world.

Rake1

Let's stay off topic and just run down these 2 teams in district "UIL" events:

Football: WOS

Baseball: BC

Softball: BC

Track: BC this is overall points for meets " Having a super fast 4x100 doesn't mean you win the meet"

CC: BC

Basketball: WOS

Powerlifting: BC- BC sends more kids to state than any other school in the area.

Tennis:  BC

Golf: BC

Did I miss any sports?  Just listing the ones That I can think of.

So, I guess from the study it seems like BC is competitive in the majority of the sports.....

I am quite sure that if I did, that too would fly over your head. Carry on, Captain Literal...

The fact that you continue to pat yourself on the back for making statements to cover up your mistake suggest you suffer from "Grandiose delusions". Not to mention your fixation with the state of athletics at Bridge City. You may want to get that checked out. Please feel free to continue jumping around the subject in an effort to make yourself feel better about getting called out for making a statement that was not well thought out.

Oh wait, I almost forgot, should be a good game tonight.

Rake1

Track: BC this is overall points for meets " Having a super fast 4x100 doesn't mean you win the meet"
Powerlifting: BC- BC sends more kids to state than any other school in the area.
Tennis:  BC

Did I miss any sports?  Just listing the ones That I can think of.

So, I guess from the study it seems like BC is competitive in the majority of the sports.....

I

How many people did BC send to state this year in power lifting?

What happened to just getting out of the house and going to support your team that's playing the game. Get out and enjoy high school baseball. This thread is about a baseball game not what happened in every other athletic sport. That's my two cents for the day

What happened to just getting out of the house and going to support your team that's playing the game. Get out and enjoy high school baseball. This thread is about a baseball game not what happened in every other athletic sport. That's my two cents for the day

LOL... you're about 2 pages late on this comment :D   But I am hoping for a great game tonight!!!!!!!!!

Amen!!
+1 on the post.

Come on weather man! A little cooperation please!!!!

Rake1

Tennis: BC

Did I miss any sports? Just listing the ones That I can think of.

You missed badminton and field hockey.

And BC is better than WOS in track? They have more state titles in that sport than football!

The fact that you continue to pat yourself on the back for making statements to cover up your mistake suggest you suffer from "Grandiose delusions". Not to mention your fixation with the state of athletics at Bridge City. You may want to get that checked out. Please feel free to continue jumping around the subject in an effort to make yourself feel better about getting called out for making a statement that was not well thought out.

Oh wait, I almost forgot, should be a good game tonight.

Rake1

I don't know that I've ever seen someone pat their own back so hard for completely missing a point.  Talk about self-delusions of grandeur.... :D