WOS @ BC 3/28/14

Aiden is a pitcher that in my opinion would be all over the radar with you guys if he had not have sustained an injury last season...If he has is "A" game he will be tough, IMO better than anyone BC has faced.

The above May be an opinion but a guaranteed fact is that Shugart is better than anyone WOS has faced.
Both Anderson's are quality pitchers, not much difference between the two. WOS is fortunate to have them both. BC has seen their share of quality arms this year from Foshee(Vidor), the PNG staff, Lumberton's White and Campbell, Griffin (Silsbee), big lefty from Cameron Yoe, just to name a few. That stacks up more than favorably when comparing schedules.

Rake1

No but his project-ability is higher...not saying he is Pro stock right out of high school but I can see a D-1 coach giving him an opportunity.

I don't disagree with that at all. The kid is good. I was simply stating 87 isn't that hard. He probably pitches in the 83-85 mph range, and against good hitting teams you better be able to locate that really well.

It's not WOS's fault that BC sucks in every sport but baseball and cross country...

Not that it means anything more than a statement on a message board but here's a little something to ponder. Lets concede that the sport of choice at BC is baseball and football is king at WOS, safe statement. Which school has been closer to winning district in the other schools "top" sport more recently? Take a minute to think.......

BC (football 2011)

Rake1

I don't disagree with that at all. The kid is good. I was simply stating 87 isn't that hard. He probably pitches in the 83-85 mph range, and against good hitting teams you better be able to locate that really well.

There aren't many in our 3A district that I've seen that throw harder. As a matter of fact, I've only seen one that throws harder than 87. For the record I have him topping out at more than that. That's all of the tips I'm giving today. lol

There aren't many in our 3A district that I've seen that throw harder. As a matter of fact, I've only seen one that throws harder than 87. For the record I have him topping out at more than that. That's all of the tips I'm giving today. lol

The best statement and most truth that's been posted so far.

Rake1

Can anyone refresh my memory on who John Patterson and the Mustangs lost to in the final district game of 1996. For those that do not remember Patterson, John was a Prep All American and was the 5th overall pick in the 1st round of the 1996 MLB Draft. Thanks.

http://setxsports.com/ip/index.php?/topic/89939-history-20-4a-21-3a/page-2#entry1475068