Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

3 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Well this sucks...

Anwar Richardson ‏@AnwarRichardson 4m4 minutes ago
Source have told me that Texas sophomore WR DeAndre McNeal has been suspended indefinitely for violating team rules

Was he expected to catch the first pass vs ND? 

13 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

He wasn't expected to catch a pass, he's got hands of stone according to his girlfriend.

Interesting, I wonder why he had alot of hype going into last season 99% done by UT fans…….. How many catches did he have last season? 

40 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Interesting, I wonder why he had alot of hype going into last season 99% done by UT fans…….. How many catches did he have last season? 

Because he was a true freshman 4* recruit, that comes with a certain level of hype, especially with his measurables. 

The joke which you missed was that he was kicked off for hitting his girlfriend. Hence, the comment about stone hands. 

10 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Because he was a true freshman 4* recruit, that comes with a certain level of hype, especially with his measurables. 

The joke which you missed was that he was kicked off for hitting his girlfriend. Hence, the comment about stone hands. 

Obviously he forgot all about the Chuckster's Core Values for a moment, im sure he'll be back soon. :)

1 hour ago, UTfanatic said:

One more win in his first two years than fat Bret coaching at an $ec school and looking for more wins than Aggie in 2016.

Hookem

Your midget arse coach on the hotseat trending downward while Arkansas is trending upward, are you dumb or just plain stupid? You better hope yall win more than 6 games this year. 

9 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

What's his record?

What are you two... Too stupid to use Google? Garrity knows our past recruits all too well. In fact, he broke that record a long time ago.

I'm gonna LOVE revisiting this board at the end of this season. You two are digging your own graves and can't see the forest for the trees.

4 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

What are you two... Too stupid to use Google? Garrity knows our past recruits all too well. In fact, he broke that record a long time ago.

I'm gonna LOVE revisiting this board at the end of this season. You two are digging your own graves and can't see the forest for the trees.

Make a bowl game. Good grief 

45 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

You still mad about man boobs! Good grief.

Hookem

31-7, makes me happy every time I re-watch it seeing yalls midget arse HC confused like a cow thats about to die and get eaten, ooops that literally happened last season. 

Try not to drop the soap again by going 5-7, then again yall like those types of things. 

On 2/12/2014 at 10:23 AM, OldTimer said:

I believe Charlie Strong will eventually be recognized as one of the greatest coaches' in the history of college football. He is now on center stage and will prove he is the man of steal! All the doubters will be proven wrong. No one really doubts him, they only hope for the worse, but they fear the reckoning.

As I have stated I think that Coach Strong was a good hire for Texas.

But to state that he will be "recognized as on of the greatest coaches in the history of college football" is a HUGE statement and little to premature.  

Will he turn Texas around - quite likely;   Will he be one of the  greatest Coaches of all time - Lets come back in say 10 years and discuss that issue.  

We are in a different environment then we were 30 - 50 years ago and all teams have a very hard time staying on top for extended periods of time - Alabama being the one of the notable exceptions lately.  Texas 20 - 30 - 50 years ago had a strangle hold on the best players in Texas and in a lot of cases around the US but that has narrowed lately with A&M, Baylor and Oklahoma all with their hands in the pot.  Also, facilities of the schools competing with Texas have also gotten better and are now if not equal to Texas's facilities they are real close so the environment has gotten better elsewhere as well.  

So what this all means is that the playing field has leveled a lot for other teams since the Texas "hay days" and Texas might just find if harder to stay on top year in and year out like the "good ole days".

You nailed it in bold, exactly right. Funny what a couple of years make. Chuckster now on the hotseat. Lol

On 2/13/2014 at 7:13 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Alot of folks thought Bobby Petrino was the best thing since sliced bread also, we all saw what ended up happening to him, dont count the eggs before they hatch my friends.

Warned yall, 2 years ago. Chuckster's seat sizzling now.