Class of 2015 prospects

Congrats, to all local Recruits.
I'm flattered Toby knows what schools to attend to keep his program relevant. I believe in a rule that was taught to me as a young Athlete & I teach it to All athletes I train or Coach
"Winners never Cheat & Cheaters never Win"
This applies to ALL, regardless of school affiliation.
Just ask Magee how that worked for him. He Cheated/Shorted the kids @ Ozen.
His record is proof of his WORTH. Dog Poo. Lol

So, I ain't mad at 'Cha Toby!!! Do yo thang boy Lol

MAN YOU THROW SALT! BUT THATS COOL . A CONGRATULATIONS WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE

Lol, you know I'm happy for those young men, besides they were not any of Central or WB new recruits anyway! I guess I'll let ya'll make it this time but that was too funny to me to just pass up! Toby is doing a good job with his kids, if they could just stay out of Ozen's feeder schools, I promise to keep the jokes at a minimum! Anybody who looks out for kids development & furthering their education is really okay with me for the most part! Good Luck Jags & Bruins!

Lol, you know I'm happy for those young men, besides they were not any of Central or WB new recruits anyway! I guess I'll let ya'll make it this time but that was too funny to me to just pass up! Toby is doing a good job with his kids, if they could just stay out of Ozen's feeder schools, I promise to keep the jokes at a minimum! Anybody who looks out for kids development & furthering their education is really okay with me for the most part! Good Luck Jags & Bruins!

Aaaawwww Man!!! You let him off the Hook. Lol

@VNUPE - I have been quiet about this because I did not want to sound bitter but this sounds like politics to me. Demarcus got approached by the running back Coach that led the backs that day and he asked son do you have any offers, and and D told him no. He told him that he would begin getting his name out there. These kids did well but the first name from Beaumont, Port Arthur, Orange, Vidor, Nederland, LCM, and all surrounding areas was Demarcus Smith. If you do not believe me here are the numbers.

40           20            KPB         VJ            Sparq Rating

Demarcus Smith           4.64        4.02           34           33.7             97.41

Deionte Thompson       4.71       4.31           34.5       34.2           87.36                                                                                                 

Kameron Martin            4.59        4.43           35           30.3             82.68

Sage Seay                    4.85        4.35           34           27.8             76.23

Corey Dauphine            4.75        4.38          32.5        28.8              74.67

These numbers are public domain at Student Sports.com  These kids made the top 100 ratings in Houston NFTC that day. LB/RB Drills are MIA! I watched very closely to see how my boy faired with the big linebackers. LETS JUST SAY I AM PROUD TO BE HIS FATHER!!! He threw them around like rag dolls! Hmmmmmmm all those kids have a chance but the highest score from our area don't!?!? Really?!?! Congrats to all the kids that are getting recognition right now!!! Demarcus will get his soon!!!

@VNUPE - I have been quiet about this because I did not want to sound bitter but this sounds like politics to me. Demarcus got approached by the running back Coach that led the backs that day and he asked son do you have any offers, and and D told him no. He told him that he would begin getting his name out there. These kids did well but the first name from Beaumont, Port Arthur, Orange, Vidor, Nederland, LCM, and all surrounding areas was Demarcus Smith. If you do not believe me here are the numbers.

40 20 KPB VJ Sparq Rating

Demarcus Smith 4.64 4.02 34 33.7 97.41 Deionte Thompson 4.71 4.31 34.5 34.2 87.36
Kameron Martin 4.59 4.43 35 30.3 82.68
Sage Seay 4.85 4.35 34 27.8 76.23
Corey Dauphine 4.75 4.38 32.5 28.8 74.67

These numbers are public domain at Student Sports.comThese kids made the top 100 ratings in Houston NFTC that day. LB/RB Drills are MIA! I watched very closely to see how my boy faired with the big linebackers. LETS JUST SAY I AM PROUD TO BE HIS FATHER!!! He threw them around like rag dolls! Hmmmmmmm all those kids have a chance but the highest score from our area don't!?!? Really?!?! Congrats to all the kids that are getting recognition right now!!! Demarcus will get his soon!!!

Not sure why this is directed towards me, but I could care less about a sparq rating. At the end of the day, recruiters want to see FILM. Ask anyone around Southeast Texas. When FILMS go out to colleges, recruiters will find you.I really hope your son gets what he's looking for, but it won't come from a sparq rating.

VNUPE it was not personal but you posted that and you did not even recognize that we have a kid who is testing better than those kids that are getting recognition but somehow this kid gets over looked by the masses. Do not personalize it my friend I am just stating the facts brother. Numbers don't lie and the season want either. I can guarantee that! And all you need to know is 4 rushing TD 1 receiving TD and 2 thrown TDs. Film is right but numbers don't lie! Make a game this year VNUPE and watch him in person.

VNUPE it was not personal but you posted that and you did not even recognize that we have a kid who is testing better than those kids that are getting recognition but somehow this kid gets over looked by the masses. Do not personalize it my friend I am just stating the facts brother. Numbers don't lie and the season want either. I can guarantee that!

I'm not taking it personal, my friend. However, you did attach my name to your post. Deionte Thompson is my son. AND I'M A PROUD FATHER AS WELL! I try not to highlight his accomplishments, because I don't have to. You want numbers? Deionte had 4 offers (Alabama, Texas, Texas A&M, and Baylor), last year BEFORE he went to his first Nike Training Camp. He has gone to 0 Sparq Camps, because he doesn't need to. Reporters and coaches come looking for him at these camps, not the other way around. When I say Sparq ratings don't matter, I know what I'm talking about. If you want to know how to do this, dm me and I'll show you.

I hear you got caught in the wrong lane  :) -  ( girls basketball)

JRidge, on 02 May 2014 - 2:59 PM, said:snapback.png

I hear you got caught in the wrong lane  :) -  ( girls basketball)

I have multiple lanes, remember my daughter is a 11th grader who would've started for the Panthers this year had not been for a knee injury 1st week of basketball practice. I don't discriminate between developing girls or boys as long as they are willing to work my (FRIEND)! As far as the staying in a lane, I did not tell a lie nor exaggerate about fishing in the wrong pond so don't be mad at the messenger! I don't throw rocks & hide my hands and I still think he is doing a good job over there! Ya'll keep working and make Beaumont Proud! Best of Luck! ;)  

VNUPE it was not personal but you posted that and you did not even recognize that we have a kid who is testing better than those kids that are getting recognition but somehow this kid gets over looked by the masses. Do not personalize it my friend I am just stating the facts brother. Numbers don't lie and the season want either. I can guarantee that! And all you need to know is 4 rushing TD 1 receiving TD and 2 thrown TDs. Film is right but numbers don't lie! Make a game this year VNUPE and watch him in person.

You really shouldn't feel salty about your boy not getting an offer yet. DeUnte Chatman blew your son's score away and he doesn't have an FBS offer yet. He produced more at a better program but doesn't have the film to prove that he's more than just a good athlete. He's 6ft and over 200 lbs as a junior so he doesn't have size issues either. Austin Walter could've rushed for 3k yards this year and should have had his pick of schools but being 5-8 and under 180 lbs at the time of the camp hurt him. Recruiters tell kids things sometime as just a fall back in case they can't get the kids they want. It's hard to get an offer at RB especially when you have kids at the same camp like the 2016 back from Kingwood already beating your score.

VNUPE can give you all the info you want. Unless you have a ton of film like Deionte Thompson or you're 6-2 with a hawk's wingspan it probably won't help.

It's a process. Is it fair? Probably not but life isn't fair either. Scouts know what they want, maybe Chatman isn't what some want right now, but that doesn't diminish his accomplishments. Personally I don't care what you do with cones & drills, but many value this crap. Can you make a play is the bottom line. Getting on here whining won't fix anything, it may rub off on the kids if it hasn't already. My son got the ball as the starting RB 41 times this past season. That's All. But with those few reps & a few passes he put together some Quality plays & produced a little film, went to camps to enhance his recruitment. It worked, he's being recruited. No offers, but he's been noticed. So please guys get off the soapbox. We are raising Men to find solutions, not find excuses & make problems. That's what I'm doing in SETX, don't know about the rest of the State
VNupe is doing great things to help All kids he comes across as well as inform their parents. Thank God he doesn't have the attitudes if some of you. Geeeeeez

It's a process. Is it fair? Probably not but life isn't fair either. Scouts know what they want, maybe Chatman isn't what some want right now, but that doesn't diminish his accomplishments. Personally I don't care what you do with cones & drills, but many value this crap. Can you make a play is the bottom line. Getting on here whining won't fix anything, it may rub off on the kids if it hasn't already. My son got the ball as the starting RB 41 times this past season. That's All. But with those few reps & a few passes he put together some Quality plays & produced a little film, went to camps to enhance his recruitment. It worked, he's being recruited. No offers, but he's been noticed. So please guys get off the soapbox. We are raising Men to find solutions, not find excuses & make problems. That's what I'm doing in SETX, don't know about the rest of the State
VNupe is doing great things to help All kids he comes across as well as inform their parents. Thank God he doesn't have the attitudes if some of you. Geeeeeez

Me personally, I just try to keep it real as possible. I just watched a back go for over 6k career yards and probably go to Rice because it was the best program that offered. He averaged over 220ypg and about 12ypc against teams like SC, Dayton, Ned, KP and Elgin. Unless you're absolutely electric like Quizz Rodgers, Waymon James, Austin Walter, Jordan Stevenson, etc. you're probably not going to get major D1 offers. They'll take the bigger back over the smaller back every time with all else being equal. Bigger back provide a little more versatility when it comes to things like pass protection or special teams.

I have 3 sons myself and the oldest Lil'14 is 12. He's almost 5-11 and played 7th grade ball this year a little over 160 lbs. Some of the things I ask him to do on the field he tells me are awkward to him because he's so rangy. That's an excuse, telling him he won't play TE at Texas if he doesn't get big enough is a reason. We have discussions all the time about excuses and reasons and the difference between the two. Samual Stewart only carried the ball 37 times his junior year and had many offers after that season. Hopefully your son gets his offers, God willing.

@Cougar14 Yeah I text back and forth with VNUPE yesterday. I am finding that the college level is trying to get the bigger kid but it is funny to me the average height of the running backs in the League is 5'10. I don't see any backs in the league over 6ft blowing up stats or games. They normally turn these bigger kids to LB's. Truth be told they only last about 3 years from being so big and visible. DeUnte and my son worked side by side and had a great time together whooping on those linebackers. Sparq ratings are a combination of weight, speed, agility, strength, and verticle. DeUnte did not blow my son's score out of the water. His weight did . Lets Compare:

Demarcus    40 - 4.64   Shuttle - 4.02    KPB - 34    Verticle - 33.7    Rating - 97.41

DeUnte         40 - 4.75   Shuttle - 4.00    KPB - 39    Verticle -  37.3   Rating - 125.13

Hey Coug notice that DeUnte is stronger where he is suppose to be weighing 217lbs versus 178lbs. No dis to the kid! He is a beast and a humble kid. I enjoyed watching him. He and my boy were tossing them linebackers around and did not give up not one sack. Too bad they did not use the Nike cameras on the Houston RB/LB drills like they did everywhere else.

But good stuff @Cougar14!!!

Combines are a joke if you do not have film! I would say that it was totally a waste of time if it weren't for the fact that my boy needed to compete against the best in Texas and held his own. Confidence builder!!! Spring Ball starts today and I am so ready to see him put those pads on again!!! Yall take care and to all of the kids, have a blessed and healthy 2014!!!

@Cougar14 Yeah I text back and forth with VNUPE yesterday. I am finding that the college level is trying to get the bigger kid but it is funny to me the average height of the running backs in the League is 5'10. I don't see any backs in the league over 6ft blowing up stats or games. They normally turn these bigger kids to LB's. Truth be told they only last about 3 years from being so big and visible. DeUnte and my son worked side by side and had a great time together whooping on those linebackers. Sparq ratings are a combination of weight, speed, agility, strength, and verticle. DeUnte did not blow my son's score out of the water. His weight did . Lets Compare:

Demarcus    40 - 4.64   Shuttle - 4.02    KPB - 34    Verticle - 33.7    Rating - 97.41
DeUnte         40 - 4.75   Shuttle - 4.00    KPB - 39    Verticle -  37.3   Rating - 125.13

Hey Coug notice that DeUnte is stronger where he is suppose to be weighing 217lbs versus 178lbs. No dis to the kid! He is a beast and a humble kid. I enjoyed watching him. He and my boy were tossing them linebackers around and did not give up not one sack. Too bad they did not use the Nike cameras on the Houston RB/LB drills like they did everywhere else.
But good stuff @Cougar14!!!
Combines are a joke if you do not have film! I would say that it was totally a waste of time if it weren't for the fact that my boy needed to compete against the best in Texas and held his own. Confidence builder!!! Spring Ball starts today and I am so ready to see him put those pads on again!!! Yall take care and to all of the kids, have a blessed and healthy 2014!!!

You kind of highlighted my point. Chatman is nearly 40 lbs heavier and 4" taller but changed directions quicker and jumped higher. Your boy should've beaten him there. That is a pretty big gap in Sparq though. I hope it works out for everybody like you say though, I need more examples to show my little Cougars.