PA Memorial @ Central predictions 8/30/2013

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigd92" post="1426846" timestamp="1377347735"]
Im not very happy with whats going on at Memorial. Central may come in and put a spanking on the Titans. My pick as Im typing this would be Central by 7
[/quote]
Wish i could have went to scrimmage. .... Must Have Really Sucked. .....PAM Faithful Seems To lost all hope

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1426871" timestamp="1377351315"]
Jags 28
PAM-17

man it hurts to say that...hope i'm wrong. labrie needs more help from other wr's. jacobs and rucker are doing the part. they HAVE to pass to open the run and i'm sorry and i'm not downing the young man,but martin is NOT the answer.

the 3-4 imo, will not work with set of lb's. 4-4-2 maybe???
[/quote]i said beginning of Spring i wasn't sold on that 3-4.

when Central got the new coaches it was done for this area so Central has its first great offense mind coach a great dc who will be wos next hc , and as I stated during the summer 17 returning starters  at Central with real coaches they should win , oh the 5 guys that are running 4.4 forty dashes don't hurt, so its just  Central time 

[quote name="bigd92" post="1426922" timestamp="1377356895"]
Maybe Im being a little harsh on the Titans but its hard to sit back and watch an implosion. Coaches have a responsibility to do the right thing; kids work too hard to see favoritism  im sick of it.
[/quote]Was it really that bad? I'm not getting that type feedback...

[quote name="OlDawg" post="1426956" timestamp="1377360951"]
[quote author=bigd92 link=topic=113514.msg1426922#msg1426922 date=1377356895]
Maybe Im being a little harsh on the Titans but its hard to sit back and watch an implosion. Coaches have a responsibility to do the right thing; kids work too hard to see favoritism  im sick of it.
[/quote]

when you can only move the chains with two wr's and only one of them scoring. running game got NOWHERE. and you still haven't "fixed" the run defense, yeah it was that bad. also to be fair,it was a scrimmage. i still feel the running game is not there. even in a scrimmage you should have some yards rushing the ball. this has GOT to be a rebuilding year and NOT a reloading year....

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1426959" timestamp="1377361244"]
[quote author=OlDawg link=topic=113514.msg1426956#msg1426956 date=1377360951]
[quote author=bigd92 link=topic=113514.msg1426922#msg1426922 date=1377356895]
[/quote]

when you can only move the chains with two wr's and only one of them scoring. running game got NOWHERE. and you still haven't "fixed" the run defense, yeah it was that bad. also to be fair,it was a scrimmage. i still feel the running game is not there. even in a scrimmage you should have some yards rushing the ball. this has GOT to be a rebuilding year and NOT a reloading year....
[/quote]Whatever y'all say. I'll say Dawson looked like they're gonna' have a pretty darn good squad for those that follow them as opponents or fans. I will say, it looked like they were putting a lot more emphasis on a scrimmage than LP was...trying to fire up a young squad? Dunno...talent is there though...

Central was the the best team on the field at the tri scrimmage with Friendswood and La Marque.

Defense was solid.  Decent DL and LB play good secondary.

Offense looked really good.  Running backs are quick to the hole and have a good burst.  They burned with several long runs.  WRs are tall and fast and -- particularly one kid who wore neon green gloves and played with JV also -- who catch whatever you throw at them.

Didnt see PAM, but I think Central has a good chance of beating them.

Central was the best team at the scrimmage last night by far......They only ran about 5 running plays and 5 pass plays and moved the ball at will....Can't imagine what's going to happen when they open the playbook.....Memorials Coaches stay in the stands until they turned the stadium lights off.....lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
    • See why I don't trust my Hogs?
    • Come on dude, don’t take anything away from the kids on the field. If you want to talk uncharacteristic, we made what 3 or 4 errors in game one. Y’all had 2 EARNED runs.  Defense is normally our strong suit. Your ace didn’t strike out a single one of our kids. Like I said also, you did not out hit us in game 1. Hell you barley out hit us in game 2. We had all the uncharacteristic walks. Josh pitched a hell of a game is what made that game what it was.
  • Topics