OF @ LCM Tonight ../Post comments here

Word on the street is the Bobcats are looking pretty strong, defense is stout. This came from a Vidor fan from last week's scrimmage. Bear offense is looking o.k. but the D needs to step up a notch.....Maybe the game situation will gives us all a better idea.

Impressed with the Bobcats tonight. Defense played really good.  Can't tell you the last time they had a shutout!  I know it's just a scrimmage but it was game like with four 12 minute quarters.  Offense moved the ball well all night too!

It is going to be a long long long season for LCM. Scrimmage or not the coaches for LCM prepared their team to get whipped on both sides of the line. If you could have seen the game you would know that this let down does not come from the kids. Who were the spectators on the sidelines with the green and gray shirts and shorts on? “PREPARE TO WIN” you are wearing it go out and do it.

[quote name="BearBB2001" post="1426342" timestamp="1377227449"]
It is going to be a long long long season for LCM. Scrimmage or not the coaches for LCM prepared their team to get whipped on both sides of the line. If you could have seen the game you would know that this let down does not come from the kids. Who were the spectators on the sidelines with the green and gray shirts and shorts on? “PREPARE TO WIN” you are wearing it go out and do it.
[/quote]Hate to hear that for those boys!

[quote name="BearBB2001" post="1426342" timestamp="1377227449"]
[/quote]
I agree they did not look good. I thought they looked better last week. I hope they can turn it around

[quote name="Chris17" post="1426369" timestamp="1377230491"]
[quote author=BearBB2001 link=topic=113466.msg1426342#msg1426342 date=1377227449]
[/quote]
I agree they did not look good. I thought they looked better last week. I hope they can turn it around
[/quote]

Gotta give OF credit though, they're poised for a good year

Sounds like the Cat defense is for real, and that wins ballgames.....Congrats to a sound showing and good luck the rest of the year. The Bears are going to have to step up their defense or it will surely be a long season. But it's early, maybe things will change.

Bobcats are very scrappy and completely dominated the scrimmage from start to finish. Defense only allowed LCM inside the 20 yard line once I believe and forced several 3 and outs during the scrimmage. On offense the Cats used several backs, probably 7-8 total to pound the ball on the ground. They completely wore LCM out and dominated the line of scrimmage all night. I don't have totals but I would think they rushed for over 300 yards and probably averaged over 5 yards a carry all night. We even threw the ball 5 or 6 times, one for a touchdown.

We're bigger and stronger than we've been in several years and we finally have some depth this year that will help down the stretch. Still have a number of kids going both ways, but last night they managed to get several breaks while others filled in. If we can stay healthy it could be a special year in Orangefield!!!

[quote name="Bobkat" post="1426526" timestamp="1377278873"]
Bobcats are very scrappy and completely dominated the scrimmage from start to finish. Defense only allowed LCM inside the 20 yard line once I believe and forced several 3 and outs during the scrimmage. On offense the Cats used several backs, probably 7-8 total to pound the ball on the ground. They completely wore LCM out and dominated the line of scrimmage all night. I don't have totals but I would think they rushed for over 300 yards and probably averaged over 5 yards a carry all night. We even threw the ball 5 or 6 times, one for a touchdown.

We're bigger and stronger than we've been in several years and we finally have some depth this year that will help down the stretch. Still have a number of kids going both ways, but last night they managed to get several breaks while others filled in. If we can stay healthy it could be a special year in Orangefield!!!
[/quote]

With that many backs, the Bobcats will probably wear down a lot of defenses, plus a good defense will keep them on the field......Good luck Cats, it may indeed be a special year!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin