OF @ LCM Tonight ../Post comments here

Josh Smalley and his staff deserve a ton of credit.  They have those kids believing in what they are doing.  They averaged 65-70 kids per day at summer workouts, which is a huge percentage of the kids participating.  They are prepared to have success on the field because of the work they have done in the off season and summer.
Now, they just have to keep moving forward and do it on the field.

[quote name="bobcat4life" post="1426555" timestamp="1377282824"]
One more general comment; LCM scrimmaging OF is a lose-lose for them.  If they win the scrimmage, everyone says, well you should have won.  If you lose it, it gets your kids down.  Not sure of the alternative, but it is definitely true. Best of luck to all of you Bear Fans and kids
[/quote]

Not really a losing a situation for the Bears.  It's a scrimmage.  The offense that Orangefield runs is the same as Vidor and Coldspring.  This scrimmage gave LCM a good look at some things they'll see in real scheduled games this season.  Obviously some key things that have to get fixed.

Orangefield looked really strong and has a solid team this season.  Good luck. 

Just a side note...this may actually turn from a scimmage into a district game next season. 

[quote name="Slam14" post="1426575" timestamp="1377286526"]
[quote author=bobcat4life link=topic=113466.msg1426555#msg1426555 date=1377282824]
One more general comment; LCM scrimmaging OF is a lose-lose for them.  If they win the scrimmage, everyone says, well you should have won.  If you lose it, it gets your kids down.  Not sure of the alternative, but it is definitely true. Best of luck to all of you Bear Fans and kids
[/quote]

Not really a losing a situation for the Bears.  It's a scrimmage.  The offense that Orangefield runs is the same as Vidor and Coldspring.  This scrimmage gave LCM a good look at some things they'll see in real scheduled games this season.  Obviously some key things that have to get fixed.

Just a side note...this may actually turn from a scimmage into a district game next season.
[/quote]

Maybe a regular season game, but definitely not a district game!!!

[quote name="Bobkat" post="1426581" timestamp="1377287239"]
[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=113466.msg1426575#msg1426575 date=1377286526]
[quote author=bobcat4life link=topic=113466.msg1426555#msg1426555 date=1377282824]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No...I stated what I feel could possibly happen.  There are some possible re-alignment considerations that could make this a reality.

[quote name="Slam14" post="1426584" timestamp="1377287570"]
[quote author=Bobkat link=topic=113466.msg1426581#msg1426581 date=1377287239]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No...I stated what I feel could possibly happen.  There are some possible re-alignment considerations that could make this a reality.
[/quote]

Please explain those possibilities then...Orangefield has around 550 kids in high school, I'm sure LCM has 1200-1300 students. Ain't no way these two end up in the same district unless Orangefield has an incoming freshmen class next year that has 500 kids in it!!!

[quote name="Bobkat" post="1426588" timestamp="1377288010"]
[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=113466.msg1426584#msg1426584 date=1377287570]
[quote author=Bobkat link=topic=113466.msg1426581#msg1426581 date=1377287239]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please explain those possibilities then...Orangefield has around 550 kids in high school, I'm sure LCM has 1200-1300 students. Ain't no way these two end up in the same district unless Orangefield has an incoming freshmen class next year that has 500 kids in it!!!
[/quote]

I guess we should just get through this season (or at least START this season) before we go that far.  Let's just flag this post for further discussion when the real UIL talks begin. 

I give it a better than average chance of happening.

No way LC-M and Orangefield will be in same district!

Current enrollments for each school:

LC-M    1,123
OF          520

It's very possible LC-M remains 4A and be a 4A DI (with the likes of Silsbee, Lumberton, BC, Huffman, Splendora, Cleveland, Jasper, maybe WO-S). But no way does Orangefield go to DI. They will be a 4A DII with HJ, HF, Buna, Liberty, Tarkington, Coldspring, etc.)

I still say the bottom number for 5A (what is 4A now) will be around 1050. If that is the case, LC-M will remain with it's district mates now and be 5A (what is now 4A).

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1426599" timestamp="1377288978"]
No way LC-M and Orangefield will be in same district!

Current enrollments for each school:

LC-M    1,123
OF          520

It's very possible LC-M remains 4A and be a 4A DI (with the likes of Silsbee, Lumberton, BC, Huffman, Splendora, Cleveland, Jasper, maybe WO-S). But no way does Orangefield go to DI. They will be a 4A DII with HJ, HF, Buna, Liberty, Tarkington, Coldspring, etc.)

I still say the bottom number for 5A (what is 4A now) will be around 1050. If that is the case, LC-M will remain with it's district mates now and be 5A (what is now 4A).
[/quote]

You are still on top of your game!  Thanks.

Still a numbers game.

Slam, I understand what you are saying. I guess from a kids point of view they got beat by a school half its size, and one that isn't necessarily a power house year in and year out.  (For instance when Newton plays 3A teams, they win a lot.) So I understand the pro's, but the psychological cons may outweigh them.  I really do wish the best for LCM. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin