The greatest defensive teams...

[quote name="bcjag10" post="1417132" timestamp="1372477399"]
The 1985 Yates Lions were the greatest defense tx has ever seen.
[/quote] Over Daingerfield 1983?
[/quote]

I'll only go with Yates since they where in a bigger classification, But that 83 Dangerfield D was one of the best Defensive Units I've seen..85 Yates Was overall really good, Offense and Defense..

SETX has really seen somne really good Defenses from W.O.S to BMT.Hebert to P.A Lincoln or SFA but ill go with the that Hebert Defense from the70's (forgot the year) talk about Salty, I think they could have went against anybody in the Nation in thoes days also that French team had a very good D in 84

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fav Dayton D unit was 2007 in the Golden Triangle dist.only gave up 28 pts.shutting out Ozen-Vidor-Central-Ned,7 pts to Png,8 pts to Lumb,13 pts to Lcm.That's salty D right there.Next up in bi dist 7 pts to Crosby-10 pts to Tx City-Shut out Livingston in the 3rd round.That's allowing 45 pts.in 10 straight games.Close win over Waller in the 4th rd.Then losing to Lake Travis in the semi's.

just got to mention Newton defense, salty in 1998 shutting out Daingerfield for state championship , pretty salty defense in 2004 & 2005 allowing only 54 yds rushing ave. per game. last year ,they were pretty salty.I believe  they were pretty salty in 1989, the year they missed going to state when they missed an extra point  ???? after time had expired.  JMHO

The Hull-Daisetta Bobcats won Regional Championships in 1936, 1937 and 1938. Regional was the equivalent of State back then. The 1936 Hull-Daisetta Bobcat defense gave up just "6 points all season".  By far one of the greatest defenses of all time. Can you imagine that, playing not just a regular season, but going through the playoffs and winning it all and only allowing one TD. Wow! In the three championship years H-D gave up just 101 points total. Heck, some teams give up 101 points in 2 games. lol. Click the link below, a great read for true football lovers. This was the start of H-D's National record 43 game winning streak. In 1939 H-D lost the State/Regional Championship to Humble, snapping H-D's 43 game winning streak. In 4 seasons 1936-1939, H-D gave up just 158 points. One of the best defensives of all time.

http://www.hdisd.net/users/0001/docs/1930s%20Record.pdf

[quote name="liltex" post="1417238" timestamp="1372590560"]
My fav Dayton D unit was 2007 in the Golden Triangle dist.only gave up 28 pts.shutting out Ozen-Vidor-Central-Ned,7 pts to Png,8 pts to Lumb,13 pts to Lcm.That's salty D right there.Next up in bi dist 7 pts to Crosby-10 pts to Tx City-Shut out Livingston in the 3rd round.That's allowing 45 pts.in 10 straight games.Close win over Waller in the 4th rd.Then losing to Lake Travis in the semi's.
[/quote]

That Dayton D was really good in 07.  I remember telling someone in the stands against them that year that they were the best tackling team I had ever seen.  If they got a hand on you, you were on the ground.  How many games do you witness where there is not a single missed tackle?

Not the best defensive teams but the best 15 teams in Texas based on wins, titles and strength of schedule since 2003. Interesting they have Lake Travis at number 14.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/Dw1UBxUBWUaqkAWSiKQa-g/top-15-texas-high-school-football-dynasties.htm

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder