Top 5 MUST SEE Football players in SETX 2013

Silsbee's Reed ....  The Freshman in PAM from getting a Big 12 offer .... WOS Rutledge & Thompson.... Newton's Shorter....

LOL I am sure DChatmen will put a word in for him...

Just to clarify I didn't put anyone on here that was in 20-4A because I will get to see them at least 1 game this year... I only chose those I would have to miss a Pirate game to see....

[quote name="ram0524" post="1413111" timestamp="1371143169"]
Washington (NED) should be in the conversation.
[/quote]D.Wash is definitely in there. I'm going with the best 4a back and receiver in the region though. Austin Walter (rb) Crosby, 1976 yards last year and over 10 ypc. Armanti Foreman (wr) Texas City, only kid with film comparable to Austin's.

The team/ players I can't wait to see is Ozen's incoming talented Freshman group! If Ozen can stop Central & Westbrook Coaches from recruiting the kids from South Park & Odom, then MaGee will definitely have an opportunity for multiple playoff runs!

Top Players: Calvin "Lil' C" Tyler (Odom, RB/S)
                        Jawon Mitchel (SP, QB/RB/S)
                        Joe Thomas (SP, RB/LB)
                        Jamie (3 J) Wheaton (Odom, LB/QB/WR)
                      Elishah "Li Li" Simpson (SP, WR/QB/CB)

These 5 young men are some of the best multi-sport atheletes in Southeast Tx and along with a strong supporting cast that's following, should impact the Panthers athletic programs in the upcoming years! Don't believe me just watch!  ;) 

[quote name="JRidge" post="1415500" timestamp="1371965723"]
The team/ players I can't wait to see is Ozen's incoming talented Freshman group! If Ozen can stop Central & Westbrook Coaches from recruiting the kids from South Park & Odom, then MaGee will definitely have an opportunity for multiple playoff runs!

Joe Thomas (SP, RB/LB)

These 5 young men are some of the best multi-sport atheletes in Southeast Tx and along with a strong supporting cast that's following, should impact the Panthers athletic programs in the upcoming years! Don't believe me just watch!  ;) 

[/quote]
You do realize that 3 of your 5 should have play for Ozen last year.

Maybe so, not fully sure of that but I have heard rumors! The other two, of the three or just as good in their positions and all I can say is that group will be special! They all will have 4 years of elgibility and I am quite sure that there are rumors of kids in other schools with the same academic history!  :o Lol

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1415501" timestamp="1371965917"]
[quote author=JRidge link=topic=112537.msg1415500#msg1415500 date=1371965723]

Joe Thomas (SP, RB/LB)

[/quote]
You do realize that 3 of your 5 should have play for Ozen last year.
[/quote] ???

Yes maybe you are right but someone's past doesn't always dictate their future! As for them all attending Ozen well let's just say Central & Westbrook Coaches are hard at work trying to entice! Especially the Mitchel kid but don't think there promises will get him to switch though! I do believe though what's for you; is for you so which ever school lands him will have a very good athlete! I wish them all the best because I am a Beaumont school supporter!

[quote name="JRidge" post="1415630" timestamp="1372046486"]
Yes maybe you are right but someone's past doesn't always dictate their future! As for them all attending Ozen well let's just say Central & Westbrook Coaches are hard at work trying to entice! Especially the Mitchel kid but don't think there promises will get him to switch though! I do believe though what's for you; is for you so which ever school lands him will have a very good athlete! I wish them all the best because I am a Beaumont school supporter!
[/quote]
Lets be real. The only school that BISD is blocking transfers to is West Brook. Ozen has kids in their program that played middle school ball at Vincent and Marshal.

Some kids live in the Woodlands Apts area and behind Ozen near the local YMCA and are zoned all the way to Vincent! Also kids who live near Fhel Elementry are zoned to Marshall Middle School! All those kids should be headed to Ozen because it is less than 2 miles away! Reality, Westbrook is getting more than they deserve to keep them a 5a school! IJS

[quote name="JRidge" post="1415761" timestamp="1372100888"]
Some kids live in the Woodlands Apts area and behind Ozen near the local YMCA and are zoned all the way to Vincent! Also kids who live near Fhel Elementry are zoned to Marshall Middle School! All those kids should be headed to Ozen because it is less than 2 miles away! Reality, Westbrook is getting more than they deserve to keep them a 5a school! IJS
[/quote]

Ozen's enrollment is what it is because of academics not athletics! WB is only getting kids zoned to WB. The district is blocking all transfers to WB. WB's enrollment hasn't increased with the decreasing of Ozen's enrollment. And by the way I have family in the Ozen program and I'm familiar with the transfer kids from WB into the Ozen program. I'm not just saying, I'm speaking facts!

Didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings but as a former graduate of Westbrook H.S. and as I too have family at both schools, I do know that WB only really wants kids that can help their programs! They don't want kids their who are disciplinary problems! It's really no secret that if their school could resemble Forest Park of the past, several people in that area would be happy! They still receive some of the best teachers in the District and as Ozen's P.T.A and overall parent involvement increase, the academic level should continue to increase! IJS

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder