Nederland spring game

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1410367" timestamp="1370268556"]
...but isn't  what Central, Ozen, ect. Had going on?  Those spring games that the media, scouts, and fans knew about beforehand is/was nothing more than a 'glorrified intrascrimmage practice'.  Correct me if I'm wrong...
[/quote]
But doesn't the other schools wear pads during this spring game where as Nederland doesn't??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1410373" timestamp="1370269082"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=112312.msg1410367#msg1410367 date=1370268556]
...but isn't  what Central, Ozen, ect. Had going on?  Those spring games that the media, scouts, and fans knew about beforehand is/was nothing more than a 'glorrified intrascrimmage practice'.  Correct me if I'm wrong...
[/quote]
But doesn't the other schools wear pads during this spring game where as Nederland doesn't??
[/quote]

I think that is the main difference.  There isn't much for the media to see if they are only playing in shorts and t-shirts. 

For what it's worth, my son plays in Nederland and I didn't know they were doing anything that they even partly considered a "game" until I saw it on the website. 

If  the regular Nederland  coaching staff is involved in this 'spring game', then that would mean it's an organized practice/spring game.  So,  you manage to squeeze an entire 'game' into an in school athletic period?  Games are about 2 hours.  Isn't in school athletic periods about 45 mins?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1410381" timestamp="1370270449"]
If  the regular Nederland  coaching staff is involved in this 'spring game', then that would mean it's an organized practice/spring game.  So,  you manage to squeeze an entire 'game' into an in school athletic period?  Games are about 2 hours.  Isn't in school athletic periods about 45 mins?
[/quote]

I think you're reaching to find something wrong here and it's just not there.  The 'game' is played within the time period of the regular athletic period and usually only lasts a few series.  Offense v. Defense and then a few subs.  That's pretty much it.  No pads, no media, no band, no problems.  Organized practices only count if they are done in the context of formal spring practice with contact.  If what they are doing is wrong, every school in Texas that does not have organized spring football with pads is doing something illegal and their offseason program is breaking UIL rules. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1410381" timestamp="1370270449"]
[/quote]Relax BMTSoulja1, this is simply a throw together flag football game done during regular school hour football period. Kinda fun for the boys and a little bragging rights heading into the summer. Some dads show up and a few die hard fans come to watch. Heck they practically draw up plays in the dirt. Then again, this one secret game right before summer starts could be the answer to all of Nederlands success. Lol! Enjoy you summer Souja, you guys are taking another beating next year cause of this secret scrimmage.....

[quote name="Law Dog" post="1410387" timestamp="1370271647"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=112312.msg1410381#msg1410381 date=1370270449]
[/quote]

I think you're reaching to find something wrong here and it's just not there.  The 'game' is played within the time period of the regular athletic period and usually only lasts a few series.  Offense v. Defense and then a few subs.  That's pretty much it.  No pads, no media, no band, no problems.  Organized practices only count if they are done in the context of formal spring practice with contact.  If what they are doing is wrong, every school in Texas that does not have organized spring football with pads is doing something illegal and their offseason program is breaking UIL rules.
[/quote] A few sets and  few subs is Not a game.  Thanks, James, got clarifying that for me.  I just had questions.  I just though that if they are excited about a spring game, then they would just done spring workouts.  That way, everyone can go.   

[quote name="James Mosley" post="1410388" timestamp="1370271745"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=112312.msg1410381#msg1410381 date=1370270449]
[/quote]Relax BMTSoulja1, this is simply a throw together flag football game done during regular school hour football period. Kinda fun for the boys and a little bragging rights heading into the summer. Some dads show up and a few die hard fans come to watch. Heck they practically draw up plays in the dirt. Then again, this one secret game right before summer starts could be the answer to all of Nederlands success. Lol! Enjoy you summer Souja, you guys are taking another beating next year cause of this secret scrimmage.....
[/quote] lol So coaches draw up plays in the dirt now?   

Another beat down?  After losing those linebackers anda 3 year starter at quarterback?  Yes, ok...

Yep, Coach Barrow gets down in the dirt and tell em you go here, you go there, and in the end you catch it here. Remember the game winner Seth caught at Reliant, yep, came from the dirt!!! lol
Central is going to be better just not Bulldog ready yet Soulja....close, but not ready....

Believe me guys, "game" is a very loose interpretation...it happens during the regular football period, so it is really over almost before it starts...just a little bit of fun for the guys after off season workouts...attendance will be a limited to a few dads and like I said, with the time they have in athletic period, it is over almost as soon as it starts

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1410401" timestamp="1370273561"]
Lol y'all are cracking me up with thinking that central and Nederland have a chance against vidor. But don't worry. Second and third place ain't that bad.  8)
[/quote]

You guys in vidor should know all about that...finishing second and third that is

[quote name="James Mosley" post="1410399" timestamp="1370273306"]
Yep, Coach Barrow gets down in the dirt and tell em you go here, you go there, and in the end you catch it here. Remember the game winner Seth caught at Reliant, yep, came from the dirt!!! lol
Central is going to be better just not Bulldog ready yet Soulja....close, but not ready....
[/quote] I guess.  Like I said, no 'beat downs', sir...  ;)

[quote name="Razor" post="1410402" timestamp="1370273658"]
Believe me guys, "game" is a very loose interpretation...it happens during the regular football period, so it is really over almost before it starts...just a little bit of fun for the guys after off season workouts...attendance will be a limited to a few dads and like I said, with the time they have in athletic period, it is over almost as soon as it starts
[/quote] If this is all it is, then the author of this thread wouldn't have inquired about a 'spring game' that supposedly everyone in bulldog country knew about...

No I knew about it from when I was in the program.. not much has changed.  It just gives people an idea of new starters and any returners that may have switched positions.  I knew exactly what it entailed and was just curious.  I never mentioned everyone knowing about it, in fact had to bump my post to even get a response.  Id say that means hardly anyone knew about it.  Quit making a mountain out of a mole hill and just wait for your beat down to continue jaguar

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1410397" timestamp="1370273062"]
[quote author=James Mosley link=topic=112312.msg1410388#msg1410388 date=1370271745]

Another beat down?  After losing those linebackers anda 3 year starter at quarterback?  Yes, ok...
[/quote]

Ned is returning plenty of talent that has already whipped Central plus some Freshmen that will play good. So don't keep your hopes up this year.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1410440" timestamp="1370283188"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=112312.msg1410397#msg1410397 date=1370273062]
[quote author=James Mosley link=topic=112312.msg1410388#msg1410388 date=1370271745]

[/quote]

Ned is returning plenty of talent that has already whipped Central plus some Freshmen that will play good. So don't keep your hopes up this year.
[/quote]

Don't be so fast to dismiss talent that hasn't been used properly... I think Central will start off a little rocky but as the season moves along they will find a stride ... I do believe Toby will do great things with Central and all the talent that HASN'T been utilized in the past couple of years.... I think the past couple of years can not be used as a measuring stick for this team.... you will have to draw your conclusions off the 3 predistrict games... The earlier you face the Jags the better chances you have off getting a W away from them.... I think the sharks have smelled the blood and have started to chum....

[quote name="dogbite" post="1410433" timestamp="1370282267"]
No I knew about it from when I was in the program.. not much has changed.  It just gives people an idea of new starters and any returners that may have switched positions.  I knew exactly what it entailed and was just curious.  I never mentioned everyone knowing about it, in fact had to bump my post to even get a response.  Id say that means hardly anyone knew about it.  Quit making a mountain out of a mole hill and just wait for your beat down to continue jaguar
[/quote] I hope you enjoyed your success for the  last 2 years under incompetent leadership on the sidelines.  Fyi, a lot of  beat us down last year, but now, since the trash have been taken out, there won't be any beat downs in the  near future.... 8)  I hope you enjoy your unofficial  spring game.  8) 8)  ;) ;)

[quote name="ram0524" post="1410440" timestamp="1370283188"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=112312.msg1410397#msg1410397 date=1370273062]

[/quote]

[/quote] Go ahead and bank on underclassmen....  ;)

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1410443" timestamp="1370283869"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=112312.msg1410440#msg1410440 date=1370283188]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don't be so fast to dismiss talent that hasn't been used properly... I think Central will start off a little rocky but as the season moves along they will find a stride ... I do believe Toby will do great things with Central and all the talent that HASN'T been utilized in the past couple of years.... I think the past couple of years can not be used as a measuring stick for this team.... you will have to draw your conclusions off the 3 predistrict games... The earlier you face the Jags the better chances you have off getting a W away from them.... I think the sharks have smelled the blood and have started to chum....
[/quote] ^^^^  THIS....

Central can go from 1st to last in one season and is very capable of going from last to DC in one season with the right coach,  I think Coach Foreman knows what he has and how to use it.  Soulja you seem a little cranky, the Jags will be back soon enough and I think they will be battling Nederland for 1st place late in the season, they won't win that game, but at least you can enjoy a victory over Vidor this year.

[quote name="football04" post="1410464" timestamp="1370288749"]
Central can go from 1st to last in one season and is very capable of going from last to DC in one season with the right coach,  I think Coach Foreman knows what he has and how to use it.  Soulja you seem a little cranky, the Jags will be back soon enough and I think they will be battling Nederland for 1st place late in the season, they won't win that game, but at least you can enjoy a victory over Vidor this year.
[/quote]
The only thing y'all will be able to enjoy out at Vidor this year is our homecoming halftime show.    8)

[quote name="football04" post="1410464" timestamp="1370288749"]
[/quote]

Us here in Pirateland are more then happy for everyone out there to not think of us as a threat this year... Let us duck under the radar we wont be a factor in 20-4A hell we will be lucky to make a first down... .  :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    julianhudges
    Newest Member
    julianhudges