Nederland spring game

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all the years I only remember the Dogs doing Spring workouts maybe one time. Neumann likes to utilize the extra time and extra scrimmage before the season starts. The "physical" comment was a joke aimed at my PNG buddies.  ;D

Nederland doesn't do spring football because you lose a week before the start of next season if you do, most coaches who have a system implemented would rather the extra scrimmage and time before week zero versus spring practice in pads.  The spring game is in football class if I'm correct, and it's not real football til the pads are laced up.  No need for media and fans for something like this, it's for the players and coaches to have a little fun at the end of spring workouts.  We know what to do in Nederland when the pads are on.

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1410316" timestamp="1370229942"]
Nederland doesn't do spring football because you lose a week before the start of next season if you do, most coaches who have a system implemented would rather the extra scrimmage and time before week zero versus spring practice in pads.  The spring game is in football class if I'm correct, and it's not real football til the pads are laced up.  No need for media and fans for something like this, it's for the players and coaches to have a little fun at the end of spring workouts.  We know what to do in Nederland when the pads are on.
[/quote] I know all about what spring foot all is  and I'm also aware of what  schools have systems in place.  I'm also aware that ALL high schools have  football classes.  My thing is that the Nederland poster said something about a 'spring game'.  First thing with that is NO ONE knew Nederland had spring workouts to have  a spring game  (ie PN-G from last year, Memorial, Ozen, Central, and West Brook), all of which advertised these  spring workouts to local media and fans.  Why didn't Nederland disclose this information?  Why haven't this been talked about by the Nederland faithful until now?  Don't want to look too deep into it, but it  seems to me that certain people knew about a spring game, AND Nederland will be allowed to start fall practices without waiting that extra week like Ozen, Central, West Brook, or Memorial.  Am I missing something here?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1410340" timestamp="1370263722"]
[quote author=Brubaker link=topic=112312.msg1410316#msg1410316 date=1370229942]
[/quote] I know all about what spring foot all is  and I'm also aware of what  schools have systems in place.  I'm also aware that ALL high schools have  football classes.  My thing is that the Nederland poster said something about a 'spring game'.  First thing with that is NO ONE knew Nederland had spring workouts to have  a spring game  (ie PN-G from last year, Memorial, Ozen, Central, and West Brook), all of which advertised these  spring workouts to local media and fans.  Why didn't Nederland disclose this information?  Why haven't this been talked about by the Nederland faithful until now?  Don't want to look too deep into it, but it  seems to me that certain people knew about a spring game, AND Nederland will be allowed to start fall practices without waiting that extra week like Ozen, Central, West Brook, or Memorial.  Am I missing something here?
[/quote]

LOL here comes the Conspiracy Theorist... Someone at Nederland has a picture that contains a top UIL official and a goat.... not saying anything other then that LMAO!!!

:-D not really

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1410340" timestamp="1370263722"]
[/quote] I know all about what spring foot all is  and I'm also aware of what  schools have systems in place.  I'm also aware that ALL high schools have  football classes.  My thing is that the Nederland poster said something about a 'spring game'.  First thing with that is NO ONE knew Nederland had spring workouts to have  a spring game  (ie PN-G from last year, Memorial, Ozen, Central, and West Brook), all of which advertised these  spring workouts to local media and fans.  Why didn't Nederland disclose this information?  Why haven't this been talked about by the Nederland faithful until now?  Don't want to look too deep into it, but it  seems to me that certain people knew about a spring game, AND Nederland will be allowed to start fall practices without waiting that extra week like Ozen, Central, West Brook, or Memorial.  [b]Am I missing something here?[/b][/quote]

Yes, you are.  Nederland has only been working out in their athletic period - without pads.  No formal spring football.  The "Spring Game" is just offense v. defense without pads.  It's just a capper to the end of school and their offseason program. 

[quote name="Law Dog" post="1410350" timestamp="1370266294"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=112312.msg1410340#msg1410340 date=1370263722]
[/quote] I know all about what spring foot all is  and I'm also aware of what  schools have systems in place.  I'm also aware that ALL high schools have  football classes.  My thing is that the Nederland poster said something about a 'spring game'.  First thing with that is NO ONE knew Nederland had spring workouts to have  a spring game  (ie PN-G from last year, Memorial, Ozen, Central, and West Brook), all of which advertised these  spring workouts to local media and fans.  Why didn't Nederland disclose this information?  Why haven't this been talked about by the Nederland faithful until now?  Don't want to look too deep into it, but it  seems to me that certain people knew about a spring game, AND Nederland will be allowed to start fall practices without waiting that extra week like Ozen, Central, West Brook, or Memorial.  [b]Am I missing something here?[/b][/quote]

Yes, you are.  Nederland has only been working out in their athletic period - without pads.  No formal spring football.  The "Spring Game" is just offense v. defense without pads.  It's just a capper to the end of school and their offseason program.
[/quote]  Thanks for answering the question.  Now, who coaches this  'spring game'?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1410356" timestamp="1370267399"]
Also, how many fans do you expect to  be there when there was NO information submitted to local media?
[/quote]

Just the coaching staff, as far as I know.

I don't think they notify any media since it is a glorified intra-squad touch football game during the school day.  As far as fans, if they're lucky there will be a few dads watching from their cars or the practice field and that's about it. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi