Summer Creek Domination? Nederland Domination?

on this post.. who slings the BS the best  

24 members have voted

1. 1. on this post.. who slings the BS the best

• SummerCreek it is!
    • cougar14
    • DemDAWGS!
    • aschom78
    • HUM398
    • Mr. Buddy Garrity
    • who cares ITS FUN UNTIL FOOTBALL STARTS!!!

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1412162" timestamp="1370757698"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=111829.msg1412159#msg1412159 date=1370753842]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111829.msg1412152#msg1412152 date=1370749392]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1412122#msg1412122 date=1370733435]
One area I've seen [b]Aaron Sharp struggle and make bad decisions is when he's pressured[/b]. It was very obvious during the Magnolia West playoff game (although Aaron was young). It showed up again in the GTown game. Aaron does better when he tucks the ball and runs when the heat comes.
[/quote]

I agree he did seemed a little rattled during the Gtown game, I felt he forced a couple of passes when he should have tucked and ran. I think the coaches should have called the same game plan for him like they did vs Vidor, and that was more designed run plays, remember Sharp is not your QB that's gonna take off and run after the first read is not there...but I wouldn't say when he's pressured he struggles, he's one of the most poised QBs in district....I believe next year he will run more because he will need to....he's been playing as a Freshman and never had a solid O line
[/quote]
I thought the 2011 oline was pretty good
[/quote]

Nope. We had an okay center and an okay LT, we never had a solid line....
[/quote]
I guess my memory is a bit fuzzy, I don't recall Sharp having to run for his life as often behind that line.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1412189" timestamp="1370796976"]
Alot people think of Sharp as a great quarterback but alot of the big schools that are recruiting him think of him as a athlete and not a quarterback .Why is that
[/quote]
Well, I guess when a guy wins 3 gold medals at the state track meet people tend to forget he is a Qb.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1412179" timestamp="1370791292"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111829.msg1412162#msg1412162 date=1370757698]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111829.msg1412152#msg1412152 date=1370749392]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1412122#msg1412122 date=1370733435]
One area I've seen [b]Aaron Sharp struggle and make bad decisions is when he's pressured[/b]. It was very obvious during the Magnolia West playoff game (although Aaron was young). It showed up again in the GTown game. Aaron does better when he tucks the ball and runs when the heat comes.
[/quote]

I agree he did seemed a little rattled during the Gtown game, I felt he forced a couple of passes when he should have tucked and ran. I think the coaches should have called the same game plan for him like they did vs Vidor, and that was more designed run plays, remember Sharp is not your QB that's gonna take off and run after the first read is not there...but I wouldn't say when he's pressured he struggles, he's one of the most poised QBs in district....I believe next year he will run more because he will need to....he's been playing as a Freshman and never had a solid O line
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I guess my memory is a bit fuzzy, I don't recall Sharp having to run for his life as often behind that line.
[/quote]

He didn't run for his life, but some of that is a factor of getting the ball out quick to receivers that could get open.  Also, I gotta believe some d lines were worried about Aaron's speed and feet when pursuing.  If you over pursue, you're in trouble.  I can't imagine any defensive ends enjoyed meeting KeeVonn Aldrige in the backfield either.  I agree with SummerCreekIsIt...Sharp hasn't had a complete Oline yet. 

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1412200" timestamp="1370803220"]
do you think that if Deunte chatman of Summer Creek has a good season running the ball then he will be a big time recruit for the class of 2015
[/quote]
That should be the case, if a prospect can back up their measurables with performance on the field they will be noticed.

398 you can argue all you want but like I said he was the weakest of the recent backs Katy has had. Aundre Dean who was the best of them all is buried on TCU's depth chart just like DY would be. I never said anything about him having bad grades on being a problem, I said NOT EVEN that stuff would make him be lowly rated. For him being the total package like you say he didn't do a single thing all the Katy backs do. Forget my opinion though, here's what rivals thought.

Dean - http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Aundre-Dean-57215

Taylor - http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Adam-Taylor-127994;_ylt=Ak01e7H7sA7Z6YY6m1L8RKlIPZB4

Young - http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Donovonn-Young-99446;_ylt=AmX6s8dIYbVSS6MbPSN7BNpIPZB4

I guess whatever your reasons are are better than rivals for him only getting 2 d1 offers?

Your Humble argument is weak too. Y'all still have nearly 1600 kids in your high school. Y'all were good because you had 3000+ kids to choose from. Now your fertile recruiting ground is comparable to Porter. Y'all are North Forest in this district, a complete non-factor. I think y'all only crossed the 50 yard line on us twice last year and one of those was a long run late. Only way y'all will be relevant in this area in 4a is to get out of the district with BH, Crosby and Dayton.

Lastly, look at the demographics of the NFL. It's almost 70% black. The majority of those players grew at a disadvantage. Like I said, I'll take the kid who had it a little harder over that kid that had it handed to them.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1412221" timestamp="1370810871"]
398 you can argue all you want but like I said he was the weakest of the recent backs Katy has had. Aundre Dean who was the best of them all is buried on TCU's depth chart just like DY would be. I never said anything about him having bad grades on being a problem, I said NOT EVEN that stuff would make him be lowly rated. For him being the total package like you say he didn't do a single thing all the Katy backs do. Forget my opinion though, here's what rivals thought.

Dean - http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Aundre-Dean-57215

Taylor - http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Adam-Taylor-127994;_ylt=Ak01e7H7sA7Z6YY6m1L8RKlIPZB4

Young - http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Donovonn-Young-99446;_ylt=AmX6s8dIYbVSS6MbPSN7BNpIPZB4

I guess whatever your reasons are are better than rivals for him only getting 2 d1 offers?

Your Humble argument is weak too. Y'all still have nearly 1600 kids in your high school. Y'all were good because you had 3000+ kids to choose from. Now your fertile recruiting ground is comparable to Porter. Y'all are North Forest in this district, a complete non-factor. I think y'all only crossed the 50 yard line on us twice last year and one of those was a long run late. Only way y'all will be relevant in this area in 4a is to get out of the district with BH, Crosby and Dayton.

Lastly, look at the demographics of the NFL. It's almost 70% black. The majority of those players grew at a disadvantage. Like I said, I'll take the kid who had it a little harder over that kid that had it handed to them.
[/quote]

You sir are incredibly obtuse.  I think we have effectively beat this into the ground.  I do not agree with you, and i have personal knowledge that suggest i am right.  However, because i don't believe in airing out personal details we will just have to leave it as is.  However, i will strongly disagree with you that he didn't do what other Katy backs have done... In fact that is absurd.  He is either 1 or 2 in terms of single season production in their history.

Senior year:  244 carries  2309 yards  9.5 yards per carry  36 TD's. (I believe he is second all time in running td's in a single season for Katy...sharing 160 carries with Adam Taylor....  and is behind Adam Taylor's senior season numbers ... who played in 3 more cames then Young and still average less yards per carry)

Thats on 100 less carries then Dean, 10 more touchdowns, and nearly 3 more yards per carry....nearly identical yards.    And Dean had equal or better offensive line.

Yet....he hasn't done what they have done? 

Humble on the same talent level as Porter?  Are you freaking serious?  Now i know you have no idea what you are talking about.  1. Humble had a brand new coach, and was completely and totally vacant of varsity experience last year.  They returned 3 varsity players...2 started....form a 4-6 team (that saw two kids go D1.  Boyette (Texas) Ezell (Baylor)).    The coach arrived in may, not enough time to hold a spring practice for a completely different system (went from spread to power set).  Started a bunch of kids that had never played varsity ball before, in a system they didn't grow up learning...against competition that all had seasoned players.  OH yeah, and we split with SC two years prior.  I don't care who you are, if you get split up twice in 8 years...you are going to struggle at some point.

I think you are going to be surprised with what humble puts on the field, if you hold the mentality that we don't have the talent to compete in our district.  We aren't the 5a Humble anymore, but talent wise we can hold our own against Crosby, SC, and Dayton....most certainly BH.   

[quote name="HUM398" post="1412242" timestamp="1370827030"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111829.msg1412221#msg1412221 date=1370810871]

[/quote]

You sir are incredibly obtuse.  I think we have effectively beat this into the ground.  I do not agree with you, and i have personal knowledge that suggest i am right.  However, because i don't believe in airing out personal details we will just have to leave it as is.  However, i will strongly disagree with you that he didn't do what other Katy backs have done... In fact that is absurd.  He is either 1 or 2 in terms of single season production in their history.

Senior year:  244 carries  2309 yards  9.5 yards per carry  36 TD's. (I believe he is second all time in running td's in a single season for Katy...sharing 160 carries with Adam Taylor....  and is behind Adam Taylor's senior season numbers ... who played in 3 more cames then Young and still average less yards per carry)

Thats on 100 less carries then Dean, 10 more touchdowns, and nearly 3 more yards per carry....nearly identical yards.    And Dean had equal or better offensive line.

Yet....he hasn't done what they have done? 

Humble on the same talent level as Porter?  Are you freaking serious?  Now i know you have no idea what you are talking about.  1. Humble had a brand new coach, and was completely and totally vacant of varsity experience last year.  They returned 3 varsity players...2 started....form a 4-6 team (that saw two kids go D1.  Boyette (Texas) Ezell (Baylor)).    The coach arrived in may, not enough time to hold a spring practice for a completely different system (went from spread to power set).  Started a bunch of kids that had never played varsity ball before, in a system they didn't grow up learning...against competition that all had seasoned players.  OH yeah, and we split with SC two years prior.  [b] I don't care who you are, if you get split up twice in 8 years...you are going to struggle at some point.[/b]

I think you are going to be surprised with what humble puts on the field, if you hold the mentality that we don't have the talent to compete in our district.  We aren't the 5a Humble anymore, but talent wise we can hold our own against Crosby, SC, and Dayton....most certainly BH. 
[/quote]
Truth.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1412263" timestamp="1370840085"]
Humble was horrible last year.  The last decent year Humble had was after their 5A drop 4A (see GTown as well for inherent advantage after dropping down).  We'll see if Humble can hang this year. Last year's squad was weak.
[/quote]

That was only 3 years ago.  They had two bad seasons.  The year prior they under performed considerably.  They couldn't finish games, and the team just fell apart towards the end of the season.  it wasn't a talent issue, it was an attitude issue.  Gtown won't suffer the same problems humble did, because gtown coaches won't allow them to become complacent.  Humble drop in 2011-2012 wasn't a drop in experience or talent....it was entirely mentality and coaching.  2012 was a case of rebuilding a program that took a massive hit from splits and graduation.  The senior class last year when freshman were only 36 kids...it was a weak class to start due to the split.  You can't graduate 40+ kids and have only 3-4letterman return And expect them to be able to compete against far more seasoned teams.  We basically ran a JV team last year with all the change that comes with a new coach.    humble will be far more competitive this year and will compete for district title in 2014.

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1412386" timestamp="1370893971"]
Summer Creek is going to lose alot of their players after this year but we are not crying .we will just reload
[/quote]

The scary part is this looming 5A jump ...coupled with a rebuilding year ...yikes!

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1412390" timestamp="1370894881"]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1412386#msg1412386 date=1370893971]
Summer Creek is going to lose alot of their players after this year but we are not crying .we will just reload
[/quote]

The scary part is this looming 5A jump ...coupled with a rebuilding year ...yikes!
[/quote]
Won't sharp be a senior next year?? Atleast y'all still have him for the first year.

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1412403" timestamp="1370899636"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1412390#msg1412390 date=1370894881]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1412386#msg1412386 date=1370893971]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Won't sharp be a senior next year?? Atleast y'all still have him for the first year.
[/quote]Nope, this his last year.  ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1412408" timestamp="1370900139"]
[quote author=$MTC-28$ link=topic=111829.msg1412403#msg1412403 date=1370899636]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1412390#msg1412390 date=1370894881]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]Nope, this his last year.  ;)
[/quote]
Oh dang lol. Yeah I would be worried too lol.

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1412386" timestamp="1370893971"]
[/quote]

LOL!  You haven't been around long enough to reload, nor has your team or fans even earned the right to utter the phrase "we will just reload".   

I will wager you don't make the playoffs in your first year in 5a.  Right now, Atascocita and Kingwood are both better than you....both are pretty much .500 teams in 5a.      That's with Sharp at QB.  You don't have the horses to run with either one of them.  Now take Sharp away, and a heavy senior team...replace it with what you will have in 2014....yeah, i don't think so. 

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1412390" timestamp="1370894881"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It won't be pretty.  Of Course, i would love for Humble and SC to switch places.  Would like nothing more then to see us with enough kids to compete in 5A Again....Where are traditional rivals are: Kingwood, Ike, Nimitz, The Woodlands, Spring, etc.   

But the powers want SC to be 5a sooner rather then later, disregarding decades of tradition.

[quote name="HUM398" post="1412421" timestamp="1370902595"]
[/quote]

LOL!  You haven't been around long enough to reload, nor has your team or fans even earned the right to utter the phrase "we will just reload".   

I will wager you don't make the playoffs in your first year in 5a.  Right now, Atascocita and Kingwood are both better than you....both are pretty much .500 teams in 5a.      That's with Sharp at QB.  You don't have the horses to run with either one of them.  Now take Sharp away, and a heavy senior team...replace it with what you will have in 2014....yeah, i don't think so.
[/quote]They will get beat senseless weekly by Spring ISD and Klein ISD, their best chance of winning a district game would be versus Atascocita and Kingwood IMO  ;) 8)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1412424" timestamp="1370903021"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=111829.msg1412421#msg1412421 date=1370902595]
[/quote]

[/quote]They will get beat senseless weekly by Spring ISD and Klein ISD, their best chance of winning a district game would be versus Atascocita and Kingwood IMO  ;) 8)
[/quote]

Both of those schools have more depth.  Kingwood usually has a huge roster of 80+ Varsity kids, and Atascocita is right around 70 with a program with 250+ kids.    Kingwood is on a upswing with their new head coach, i think we are about to see that program transform into something similar to The Woodlands.   

either way, i think without sharp.  Its a 21+ win for either of those two teams.

You are right though, the Spring and Klein schools would destroy them in embarrassing manners.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1412179" timestamp="1370791292"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111829.msg1412162#msg1412162 date=1370757698]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

He may not have had to run for his life ALL the time with that group, but he never had a solid good line like some

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1412189" timestamp="1370796976"]
Alot people think of Sharp as a great quarterback but alot of the [b]big schools[/b] that are recruiting him think of him as a athlete and not a quarterback .Why is that
[/quote]

What big schools are you talking about? Texas and Baylor are the ONLY 2 considering him as athlete....remember they already have their QBs for 2014.....you have other schools like K state and all his others offers recruiting him as QB...it's up to him whether he changes to an athlete once he get on campus

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124