Hardin-Jefferson at Orangefield Game Thread/Orangefield wins 5-3

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umpires gave OF the game. I never say this but tonight there's nothing else to say! HJ would have won that game if the umpires didn't reverse 2 call and miss 3 others the last inning. The worst umpires I've ever seen in my life! I'm not joking!

[quote name="BlueOwl" post="1393962" timestamp="1365821244"]
Umpires gave OF the game. I never say this but tonight there's nothing else to say! HJ would have won that game if the umpires didn't reverse 2 call and miss 3 others the last inning. The worst umpires I've ever seen in my life! I'm not joking!
[/quote]

i like the part when the coach told the fans to settle down or they would clear the stands. all together the HJ fans said then clear the stands.....

The umpire in the field was clearly out of position to make a couple of those calls and he asked for help.....nothing wrong with that....I think home plate made the right call......from where I was sitting I couldn't tell what happen at first, so can't comment on that.....What lost the game is, Duplant had gone as long as he could, by the way great game Duplant.....but, Coach should have pulled him before the score was 5-3.....still shaking my head on that one.....OF made 2 errors in the first inning and HJ went ahead 3-0.....Braxton Smith pitched a great game tonight and finished with a stand up double pushing another score across the plate....

It was an ugly finish, I will agree...but no one GAVE OF the game.....They worked for everything they got....

Umpires out of position>>>>>what new about that???? 2 reversed and 3 missed? 1 could lose a game OR swing the momentum, but 5 questionable calls is a little much for a dist game, thats too many for a summer youth game IMO...even when asking for help (which some WON"T do) it puts the other ump in a pos he don't want to be as he is clearly OUT OF POSITION to make the call..especially with multiple runners. Umpires out of position is the #1 cause of missed calls....   

[quote name="tjcfan08" post="1394022" timestamp="1365824366"]
The umpire in the field was clearly out of position to make a couple of those calls and he asked for help.....nothing wrong with that....I think home plate made the right call......from where I was sitting I couldn't tell what happen at first, so can't comment on that.....What lost the game is, Duplant had gone as long as he could, by the way great game Duplant.....but, Coach should have pulled him before the score was 5-3.....still shaking my head on that one.....OF made 2 errors in the first inning and HJ went ahead 3-0.....Braxton Smith pitched a great game tonight and finished with a stand up double pushing another score across the plate....

It was an ugly finish, I will agree...but no one GAVE OF the game.....They worked for everything they got....
[/quote]

Dude, your on crack!!!! HJ won that game 3-2. What about the strike zone????? How many kids did Duplant strike out that ended up on first base? You guys were whining about the strike zone all night!!! Now your gonna get on here and act like they were the best umps in the country? Please spare me the drama... OF coach ran out jumping up and down like a little girl all in the umps face and they changed their call, Erickson goes out calmly and gets tossed..... Oh by the way, the ump behind the plate is the same one that took Duplants HR away Tuesday... The 6th and seventh innings were a fiasco and the umps did everything they could do to keep HJ from winning and they succeeded.... It was the most blatant disrespect for the game I have ever witnessed and they should not be able to umpire another game. Every person at they game should call or email the folks at TASO and voice their concerns about umpires determining the outcome of district baseball games. How can an umpire standing right on top of the base less than 10 feet away call a kid out, then ask  the umpire behind the plate 90 feet away and they change the call, then he has a play less than 20 feet  away where the tag was made and glove held up befor the kid touches the base, he doesnt even make the call, he calls timeout and ask the homeplate again?????? Those two calls were the game... HJ was robbed no matter how you look at it...

I absolutely loved the OF coach coming over, while his fans were yelling and screaming, to tell HJ fans that " Blue says if ya'll don't get quiet they'll call the game!" We all agreed call the game and voiced that.They didn't even have the guts to do what they threatened to do. Then to reverse 2 calls because OF coaches were having a fit, was insane. 2 umpires who couldn't pour dirt out of a boot without the other one helping direct. I also loved it when the OF coach yelled at the ump and kicked dirt across home plate and was allowed to remain in the game, when Erickson was calm and collected and got ejected.  That is exactly why we should NEVER give up home field no matter what!!

Just an opinion of course. ;D But all this really does not matter. BC and Silsbee are in of course and the fight is for third. Yes, this did help Orangefields cause but at this point in the season Buna is palying better and has the better chance to take that third spot. HJ has never really been in the race up to this point.

[quote name="Boomers" post="1394227" timestamp="1365893138"]
[color=red]I absolutely loved the OF coach coming over, while his fans were yelling and screaming, to tell HJ fans that " Blue says if ya'll don't get quiet they'll call the game!" We all agreed call the game and voiced that.They didn't even have the guts to do what they threatened to do. [/color]Then to reverse 2 calls because OF coaches were having a fit, was insane. 2 umpires who couldn't pour dirt out of a boot without the other one helping direct. I also loved it when the OF coach yelled at the ump and kicked dirt across home plate and was allowed to remain in the game, when Erickson was calm and collected and got ejected.  That is exactly why we should NEVER give up home field no matter what!!
[/quote]

Actually, the Orangefield coach was asked by the umpires (don't know why they couldn't do it) to tell the crowd to be quiet or they'd clear the stands, not call the game

[quote name="Numbaa8" post="1394042" timestamp="1365826192"]
The umpires did have a few bad calls, but all of the ones overturned were overturned to the correct call, the ump in the field didn't seem to have a clue!
[/quote]

I agree OF won the game fair and square. what kills me is people that think umpires are "out of position". They follow their mechanics. Plain and simple.