Jump to content

JB94

Members
  • Posts

    470
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JB94

  1. [Hidden Content]
  2. [Hidden Content]
  3. [Hidden Content]
  4. WEST BROOK @ OZEN 7:00PM (BZ STADIUM) MEMORIAL @ CENTRAL 7:00PM BARBERS HILL @ PORT NECHES GROVES DAYTON @ BAY CITY HAMSHIRE FANNETT @ LUMBERTON NEDERLAND @ WEST ORANGE STARK VIDOR @ BMT KELLY KIRBYVILLE @ DIBOLL JASPER @ GILMER 8:00PM (NACH) LIBERTY @ BRIDGE CITY CLEVELAND @ HARDIN JEFFERSON ORANGEFIELD @ EAST CHAMBERS HOUSTON DAVIS @ SILSBEE NEWTON @ CORRIGAN CAMDEN BUNA @ TRINITY WOODVILLE @ KOUNTZE ANAHUAC @ HOUSTON KINKAID SABINE PASS @ DEWEYVILLE HULL DAISETTA @ HARDIN WEST HARDIN @ WARREN EVADALE @ BEAUMONT LEGACY BARBERS HILL JV @ HIGH ISLAND thurs
  5. The Massey prediction is Gilmer by 19. I like theirs better. ;D
  6. I believe District 18 is stronger than 20 and 24 as a whole. But, we shall see.
  7. I'm hoping these are exciting, competitive games.
  8. I'm not quite ready to predict a score until both teams get scrimmages under their belts. I'll revisit in a couple weeks.
  9. I vote for Wednesday night, with a start time anywhere between 8 - 9 pm to give folks a chance to get home from church.
  10. Thanks for the field report. It sure would be nice if we could get someone in town to give us daily field reports. (Hint...Hint... )
  11. Not trying to take anything away from the kids that are playing now, but 2 years ago we knew this would be a rebuilding year. If we make the playoffs, it'll be as good as we could have hoped for in a district where 4 descent teams will be fighting for 2 spots. (We already know Carthage has the first spot.)
  12. Is he pretty good? Is Sam from the baseball team? Is the Parks kid the back-up or is he JV?
  13. What a neat idea! Does anyone else do it in this area?
  14. Instant Replay utilizing the same rules in NCAA. Too many important games have been decided by bad decisions due to not fully seeing the play and emotions by well-meaning referees.
  15. Jasper News-Boy article on the start of two-a-days. [Hidden Content]
  16. 18-3A Offensive: RB Marcel Johnson (Rusk) Defensive: DL Deshun Williams (Carthage) Key Game: Rusk @ Diboll 1. Carthage 2. Rusk 3. Jasper 4. Diboll 5. Center 6. Huntington I'm quite surprised at the picks for 2 - 4. Rusk made strides. But, I wouldn't have put them at #2. Jasper has some starters returning. But, they weren't key personnel. Plus, we have a new coach. I don't think I would have put us in the Top 3. And, will Diboll have that much of a drop-off? And, I wouldn't count out Center. It will be interesting...
  17. Depends on your definition of "dominate". I think Alvarez has built a stable program that will be a contender every year. They'll continue to reload, battle Newton for the district championship, and go 2-3 deep in the playoffs each year. We'll have to see if they can win the big one.
  18. How long before Burkeville merges with Newton?
  19. Congrats to Sir Vincent - well deserved!
  20. I was there. Jasper went for 2 points a few times, and was successful evertime they did. Why not go for two at the end was a shocker to me. It was a real heart breaker. I was so happy for those young dawgs that night. Played with alot of character. They actually did go for 2. It was VERY controversial. The ref said Jordan Patton didn't get in. The tape showed he did.
  21. In no particular order... --Jasper losing to Navasota in the 2007 2nd round playoff game after having a huge lead (by at least 2 TDs, maybe 3). --Jasper losing to WO-S in 1990 by a 7-6 score. --Jasper losing to Cleveland in 1992 after having a 21-point lead. --All losses to Willowridge. --Jasper losing to WO-S in 1986 (?) in the playoff game after we beat them in the regular season game. --Jasper losing to Gilmer in the state playoff game in 2004 by a 49-47 score. --Jasper losing to Burnet in 2002 in the state semi-final game. --Jasper losing to Burnet in 2003 in the state semi-final game. I know the thread said "most" painful. So, if I had to pick one, I'd pick the Gilmer loss because we were so close to a state championship.
×
×
  • Create New...