Jump to content

82 5A State Champs

Members
  • Posts

    5,176
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 82 5A State Champs

  1. Hopefully, we'll get Troy Yoeman back, this week. Not only is he a decent backup QB, but he is a great punter/kicker, as well.
  2. Yes sir. Looking at their stats, it looks like they throw the ball.....ALOT! The defense is going to have to show up for this one.
  3. Calpreps has it West Brook 41 Cy Creek 26. And yes, for Gods sake, our defense has to show up, and play. Also, at this level, we simply cannot afford to spot a team 21 points, and expect to come back and win. That foolishness has to stop. The coaches have got to do a better job of preparing those kids to do battle. Cy Creek will bring the house, and they will be ready. I dont care that their record is 8-5. They didnt get here by accident. We need to make them adjust to us, not vice versa.
  4. Welp, North Shore beat Katy! Can West Brook beat Tompkins, and make it a 21-6A sweep? Challenge accepted, Bruins!
  5. But, Katy won that game.
  6. I wonder how many decades its been since Katy had a 3rd round invitation to the Losers Lounge?
  7. Yessss. District 21-6A for the win!
  8. Yeah, our defense is probably a little above average. They've got speed, and stop the run fairly well, and hit hard. They're not a great defense, but I wouldn't necessarily say they're soft. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if we had to simply outscore them to get the win.
  9. West Brook snuck in the playoffs on the last week of the season with a win over Vidor, and because PN-G beat French. That alone, in the first year, would have been an accomplishment. What was so remarkable about that team is, Durley got that defense playing better, and better, each week. They were the underdog in every game. But, with wins over state ranked Dickinson, Houston Memorial, and Converse Judson, the game against the states top ranked defense, in LD Hurst Bell, was almost anticlimatic. Bell was 14-0-1, coming into that game, and was suppose to wipe the floor with West Brook. The little old school from Beaumont beat them easily, 21-10, and put the Bruins on the map. Interesting tidbit, the Bruins finished 11-4-1 that season, in winning the state championship. No other West Brook team has ever bested 11 wins. We have had several 11 win seasons since then, but no Brook team has ever won 12 games in a season. Could this be the year it happens? We will find out Saturday. So yes, anything is possible.
  10. If I'm not mistaken, I think their QB is just a sophomore. Dangerous to think about next year, and the year after.
  11. West Brook is favored against Cypress Creek, Summer Creek, and Katy Tompkins. Of course, all that means nothing if our kids dont show up mentally, and physically prepared to do battle. And I pray they are simply not looking past any opponent. One game at time! Just for fun, I looked ahead to a possible gsme against Austin Westlake, and Longview, both. It wasn't pretty for Brook. Lol! But, thats why we play the game. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!
  12. Calpreps is predicting West Brook 40 Tompkins 24
  13. Based on what you're saying about their defense, is it safe to assume we shouldnt have a problem putting points on the board? I'd like to think we've faced, and beaten tougher defenses. Does this team have good speed, and can they cause problems for us?
  14. Well, we've got #44 Harris Downer, who has kicked for us in the past, but not much as of late. He is more than capable of driving the ball deep, and handling the punting, and kicking duties. I think we'll be ok in that department. I was more concerned about losing Yoeman.
  15. Group hug time! Come on, guys. Lets focus on the next game, huh? Go Bruins!
  16. Well, i didnt want to go into details, but yeah. One was our back up QB.
  17. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, it looks like Bryce Anderson will be moved up to the backup QB position, for this weeks game. Hopefully, if he sees playing time, its because we're way ahead, and not because of injury to LaRavien Elia.
  18. Yes, they did. I was watching from the sidelines, for that game. Chip Ambres did all he could, but it wasn't enough. The better team lost that game.
  19. Love the optimism, brother. I sure hope youre right. I would love to see this team go where only two other teams in WB history have gone.....to the 4th round.
  20. Soulja, we've all heard the expression "offense wins games, defense wins championships". Well, I believe it holds true in this case. Hoping the novelty of playing in NRG Stadium isn't a distraction, and the kids are focused on the task at hand. Should West Brook win, it would knly be the 3rd time in school history to make it to the 4th round.
  21. On paper, West Brook is the better team, and Calpreps is predicting a 40-22 win for the Bruins. How do they keep it from being a trap game, and beating the Falcons? Your thoughts.
×
×
  • Create New...