Jump to content

ozens fastest@1906

Members
  • Posts

    631
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ozens fastest@1906

  1. Does anyone know the results from the 21-5A district meet?
  2. Congrates to the BMT Central Boys on their District 22-4A Track & Field Championship ;) Also Congrates To the Lady Panthers of Ozen on winning their 9th Consecutive District Championship
  3. The date is Wednesday April 9th, I dont know the time yet...
  4. On Wednesday there should be some good regional qualifying marks from the all the speed Central has also look for Dayon and Ozens mile relays to make a good showing...
  5. Silverhat you are right it is always a good thing to have former athletes come back and give back to their alumni, what Im trying to say has nothing to do with the fact that Foreman who is obviously loved at the school is coming back and there is absolutley nothing wrong with that, but some are making it seem like a coaching staff is only as good as 1 or 2 coaches, a staff is comprised of many. Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator, and several position coaches working together not as one but as a staff.
  6. As an outsider looking in and reading these post, Foreman must be a hell of a coach b/c fans are basically blasting every coach on the football staff except for Coach T and Coach Foreman, I mean honestly (you wish you could have as many ex- muxtangs on the staff as possible" Christ I guess if you are not from Orange dont even bother feeling out and application b/c they dont want you coaching there and will blast you even when your team beats the #1 ranked 3A school in Texas. Im kind of a sports buff and I just looked up some stats, I might be wrong but it looks as if this years mustangs had a bigger challenge to face than the 05' and 06' teams. It also looks like the 07' team did score more points and had a higher percentage than the 05' team that won. Maybe the OC isnt as bad as every is trying to make it. WOS should be happy that Foreman is coming back but dont make it seem like the current coaches arent capable. Im glad Im in BMT b/c it's ruthless in orange, but hey maybe thats why you guys win so much, I tell you what since Foreman is back ask Coach Hooks to send a couple of those coaches to OZEN so we can get it right.
  7. This Cant be coming from a student athlete hoestly, blasting your current OC like this on a website. If you are an athlete you better be the next Beasley, Thomas, Coles, or Franks. If I were a Coach I would find out who you were and DISMISS YOU....
  8. I don't know about WOS but I finally got to see Central run the last 2 weekends and wasn't impressed at all, I kept hearing how good they were and when they came here to houston I decided to see for my self. At the Aldine relays they didn't place in any of the relays and only a couple of 3rd place finishes in individual events. At the TSU relays again nothing, only a 5th place finish in 4x100, I don't know if running only in golden triangle peps them up but here in houston I saw with my own eyes nothing. Maybe they sent the c squad or something. No it was actually their A squad but it if you were there you might have noticed that the 2nd leg seemed to have pulled up badly before finally getting the stick to their 3rd leg.
  9. I guess not being from West Orange Im just not understanding b/c last year and the year before didnt WOS average like 30+ points a game not to mention a RB named Garrett who scored 20+ TD's and was a Willie Ray Smith Finalist, and a darn good WR in Ronnie Dennis who was an honorable mention All- Stater. I guess Im on the outside looking in not to mention Ozen hasn't put up numbers like that since Coach Louis left so maybe Im just jealous..
  10. Well more first downs and touchdowns doesnt always mean more wins, remember defense wins games and thats always been WOS bread and butter
  11. Good question Rhino...
  12. Your joking right?
  13. There are a few teams with a shot on their relay teams. Central in 4A and WOS in 3A
  14. Turned out to be a good meet, the West Orange- Stark and Dayton Relay teams put on a good showing as they battled in the 4x200 and the 4x400. West Orange- Stark pulled out a victory on the 4x200 while Dayton ran a faster time in the 2nd heat of the 4x400 out to edge West Orange- Stark who won the first heat. West Orange showed whey they have the #1 ranked 3A 4x100 relay in the state as they ran a 42.24 beating their competition by more than 40 meters. Dont have any complete results but West Orange- Stark won the boys division.
  15. Alright COOP I didnt get the complete final results but WOS pretty much won everything.. 1st place in the triple jump, long jump, 4x100 relay, 4x200 relay, 4x400 relay, 100 meter dash, 200 meter dash, 400 meter dash.. thats 110 points right there alone.. I think Coach Strange even sold a couple of hot dogs.... Bridge City took second
  16. Explain to me what is going on with Athletics in Beaumont. I guess I'm one of those who cant really see for myself PM me if you must b/c I really must know for myself
  17. Explain to me what is going on with Athletics in Beaumont. I guess I'm one of those who cant really see for myself
  18. What teams are scheduled to participate in the Bridge City Meet?
  19. Hey "Dick" are sure your name is not Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton. See those guy's fight the battles they know they can win. Instead of going after the real issues. I hear the word "economic challenged" and the first word that come to mind is "excuses". You also made a comment about a white kid from Texas ATM verses a African American from Prairie View. Maybe its just the college, has nothing to do with race. Reverse logic let say two African Americans applied for the same job. One from Lamar and one from Texas ATM. Your right it should not matter but it does. I cannot explain that. It's not a white, black issue. It's a click college issue. You seem to think that all white kids have a silver spoon in their mouth. Wrong again. My parents owned their own business. They worked hard for their money. They fed us and clothed us and that was it. I went to work at 15 and paid my own way. I am very thankful for that. It made me strong and to able to survive in the world. I also keep hearing the comment about African American kids being more athletic. That is bull. Do you honestly believe that god said, I will make this race better than the other and that goes for everthing. I believe you make your own destiny. The problem with white kids is, they are spoiled and lazy. See I am not afraid to tell the truth either. Now I must comment on this b/c know where did anyone say that African Americans where more athletic than any other race or culture. The post was made by a parent that he was told by a coach that the reason his son wasn't recruited as a DB is b/c his son wasn't the type of athlete they wanted for that position and majority of black kids are recruited to play that position. Know where did it state anywhere that black kids were more athletic, so bleed orange please dont get involved if your not ready for the fire b/c it's been pretty HOTT today on this thread
  20. whats wrong with the track program?
  21. Alright DV the man did type that those were just a few of the black inspirational leaders which he focus's on in his class. Emphasis on just a few meaning there are more. It seems now you are just fishing. Hell thats more than what most teachers include in a whole enitre year... trust me i know
  22. Isn't there a ten run rule after 4 innings played? No Shiggitty!! OUCH
×
×
  • Create New...