2. Mr. Thornton Melon

Mr. Thornton Melon

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JohnMellencamp
    Newest Member
    JohnMellencamp

• Texarkana Texas High (12-0) vs Crosby (11-2), 7:30 p.m. Friday at Lufkin’s Martin Stadium: It’s a rematch of an area round playoff game from a year ago, when Crosby announced themselves as a bona fide state title contender with a rout of unbeaten Texarkana Texas High. Once again unbeaten Texas High takes on Crosby, but this time the roles are reversed as Crosby comes into this one as the favorite on the strength of a strong regular season and the pedigree of last year’s run to a state title game. Last week Texas High crossed state lines into Louisiana and took care of Crosby’s district rival Port Neches-Groves with relative ease in a 44-21 win. RB Braylon Stewart continued his tear in the playoffs rushing for 190 yards and three touchdowns, while the Tigers defense held an explosive off from PNG to just 258 yards, with much of that coming when the game was well in-hand in the fourth quarter. Crosby on the other hand, had to hold off a furious rally from A&M Consolidated in a 53-50 victory. QB Cyrin Myles threw for 268 yards and added 122 yards rushing and three touchdowns, while WR/DB Kamren Kirkwood had over 200 total yards, a receiving touchdown and he picked off two passes for the Cougars as well. Last year Crosby’s offense threw up 62 points in their blowout of Texas High, that loss hasn’t been forgotten up in Texarkana so expect the Tigers defense to play inspired football, but will that be enough to slow down this incredibly dynamic Crosby attack? Stepp’s Pick: Crosby by 9
    • 6-2/270/4.9 40/4.2 shuttle/squats 640 plus. He’s definitely has D1 talent, possibly Power 5. If he doesn’t have D1 offers it’s probably because he hasn’t been marketed correctly or doesn’t have the right relationships
    • Its a shame that HJ Silsbee game is one of those christmas break 3:00 in the weekday afternoon games…
    • I was reading the comments in another forum. There was a lot of sympathy for the father and it was a tragic accident and so on. The bottom line is the father assumed that the gun was unloaded from the latest explanation. His negligence in not checking the gun, then pointing it at his daughter and trying to let the hammer down (I think he just pulled the trigger), caused the death of a small child. it seems like people thought that it was unbelievable, horrible and nothing but a tragic accident. Absolutely….. And this was likely from a very experienced hunter and person who had been around guns for 25 or 30 years. Most of those same people want to hang Alec Baldwin for…. not checking the gun, pointing it at someone else……. And this from a guy who probably knows nothing about guns and trusted another person who was supposed to be an expert they said it was empty. Apparently if you’re you are very experienced with firearms but related to the person you killed by doing almost exactly the same thing, it is acceptable, even if it is a small child.  Hypocrisy? I am not claiming that everybody feels that way. I just find it odd that some people think that one situation is a horrible tragedy and there is no need for further action. The same person will turn around in another horrible tragedy and be adamant that somebody needs life in prison for the other similar situation.   
    • Just had a brainstorm, to late as usual.  If Matthews had had him playing QB on Offense, he could’ve been like Quirante and won the WRS award on both sides of the ball.  I’m a Monday Morning genius.   😂😂😂🤣🤣😂😂😂
  • Topics