A future move in at Yates

stevenash

[quote name="pallacanestro" post="1382486" timestamp="1362424698"]
Hey Dove...do you know where the Houston Defenders (Elite AAU) practice?  Do you know who watches almost every single practice?  Do you know who tries to recruit the players who practice there? 

I do for a fact because I have had parents of players on the Defenders tell me he does!  Lets quit acting like it doesn't happen.  As far as "UIL passing everything", UIL only gets involved after the DEC.  And Yates' DEC is all HISD.  More recognition that comes to HISD the better, so they will overlook a lot of stuff. 

***Nothing I said in this post is an opinion.  Please prove me wrong.  Thank you.
[/quote]
And what exactly makes your mouth or even those supposed "parents" mouth a bible? I doubt very seriously thats the case.  As a matter of fact, knowing Coach Wise, I would say its a CERTAINTY that thats not the case... ::) ::)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son plays for the Defenders and practice last year was at Yates.  Coach  Wise does not stay for practice, he may have been there when practice started a few times.  I am at every practice.  Yates debate team also went to State and their communication them . 

[quote name="pallacanestro" post="1382486" timestamp="1362424698"]
Hey Dove...do you know where the Houston Defenders (Elite AAU) practice?  Do you know who watches almost every single practice?  Do you know who tries to recruit the players who practice there? 

I do for a fact because I have had parents of players on the Defenders tell me he does!  Lets quit acting like it doesn't happen.  As far as "UIL passing everything", UIL only gets involved after the DEC.  And Yates' DEC is all HISD.  More recognition that comes to HISD the better, so they will overlook a lot of stuff. 

***Nothing I said in this post is an opinion.  Please prove me wrong.  Thank you.
[/quote] LOL! I talk with one of The Defender coaches at least twice a month. In fact, I was in my hometown (Houston)  [color=red]YESTERDAY[/color] and talked with him for over an hour. Hmmm, come to think of it, I know most of the parents on that team. Also, there is nothing wrong with Wise coming to their practices. He has players on that team. Go to enough of those top tier team practices and you will see other high school coaches just being in a gym on a weekend getting the smell of sweat and rubber, cause they can't get enough of it. I tell you what you do with your opinion, next time, get one of your parents  to make accusations like this on this forum. And I can ask them some point blank questions  ;)

[quote name="mfd814" post="1382505" timestamp="1362427287"]
My son plays for the Defenders and practice last year was at Yates.  Coach  Wise does not stay for practice, he may have been there when practice started a few times.  I am at every practice.  Yates debate team also went to State and their communication them .
[/quote]Have yall even started practice yet?

There are Sunday workouts for anyone, who wants to come that have been happening since football stopped.  Team practice won't start till next week for the high school levels.    Matter of fact, saw a few SE texas kids at workouts, trying to get better. 

Guest Air Bisquit
The bottom line is, Yates has been investigated in the past by the uil, and they could not find anything on them.

I suggest we stop all this recruiting nonsense, and let them be.
This would be a non issue if they were in any other region, other than ours.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1382509" timestamp="1362427703"]
[quote author=pallacanestro link=topic=109900.msg1382486#msg1382486 date=1362424698]

[/quote] LOL! I talk with one of The Defender coaches at least twice a month. In fact, I was in my hometown (Houston)  [color=red]YESTERDAY[/color] and talked with him for over an hour. Hmmm, come to think of it, I know most of the parents on that team. [color=red][b]Also, there is nothing wrong with Wise coming to their practices. He has players on that team.[/b][/color] Go to enough of those top tier team practices and you will see other high school coaches just being in a gym on a weekend getting the smell of sweat and rubber, cause they can't get enough of it. I tell you what you do with your opinion, next time, get one of your parents  to make accusations like this on this forum. And I can ask them some point blank questions  ;)
[/quote]

Well lets see there Dove...sense attending summer practices, where your players attend, is a direct violation of UIL rules, I guess there is something wrong with it.  And my quote about Wise trying to get a player to move there came directly from a parent whose son has been on the team for a couple of years.

[quote name="pallacanestro" post="1382526" timestamp="1362429970"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=109900.msg1382509#msg1382509 date=1362427703]
[quote author=pallacanestro link=topic=109900.msg1382486#msg1382486 date=1362424698]

[/quote] LOL! I talk with one of The Defender coaches at least twice a month. In fact, I was in my hometown (Houston)  [color=red]YESTERDAY[/color] and talked with him for over an hour. Hmmm, come to think of it, I know most of the parents on that team. [color=red][b]Also, there is nothing wrong with Wise coming to their practices. He has players on that team.[/b][/color] Go to enough of those top tier team practices and you will see other high school coaches just being in a gym on a weekend getting the smell of sweat and rubber, cause they can't get enough of it. I tell you what you do with your opinion, next time, get one of your parents  to make accusations like this on this forum. And I can ask them some point blank questions  ;)
[/quote]

Well lets see there Dove...[b]sense attending summer practices, where your players attend, is a direct violation of UIL rules,[/b] I guess there is something wrong with it.  And my quote about Wise trying to get a player to move there came directly from a parent whose son has been on the team for a couple of years.
[/quote]
LIE #1.... ::)...Particularly if the practice is at YOUR SCHOOL... ::)  A HEAD COACH cannot be directly involved with coaching his own players in summer ball..He CAN attend practice as a spectator all he wants, although I seriously DOUBT he even watched for longer than 5-10 minutes anyway....Get a rule book, for God's sake!  ::) ::)

[quote name="pallacanestro" post="1382526" timestamp="1362429970"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=109900.msg1382509#msg1382509 date=1362427703]

[/quote]

Well lets see there Dove...sense attending summer practices, where your players attend, is a direct violation of UIL rules, I guess there is something wrong with it.  And my quote about Wise trying to get a player to move there came directly from a parent whose son has been on the team for a couple of years.
[/quote] You really need to leave this alone. You really don't know what you are typing about  ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1382551" timestamp="1362432227"]
[quote author=pallacanestro link=topic=109900.msg1382526#msg1382526 date=1362429970]

[/quote]

[/quote] You really need to leave this alone. You really don't know what you are typing about  ;D
[/quote]

Dove, why are you so adamant that this individual should not be able to give out his interpretation of things?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1382557" timestamp="1362433698"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=109900.msg1382551#msg1382551 date=1362432227]
[quote author=pallacanestro link=topic=109900.msg1382526#msg1382526 date=1362429970]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dove, why are you so adamant that this individual should not be able to give out his interpretation of things?
[/quote]
Because either HE is LYING or the alleged "parent" is....Either way, the guy should leave it alone, because it is OBVIOUS he hasn't a clue as to what he is saying or speaking of...

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1382579" timestamp="1362438097"]
In this instance? Absolutely.  ;)
[/quote]

I believe it was Lance Armstrong, who, for a very long time, was as adamant as you are right now.  You dont have any way of knowing whether a parent or two told this individual what he claims he was told. Is this sort of like "Mack" Scalabrini?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1382584" timestamp="1362441035"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109900.msg1382579#msg1382579 date=1362438097]
In this instance? Absolutely.  ;)
[/quote]

I believe it was Lance Armstrong, who, for a very long time, was as adamant as you are right now.  You dont have any way of knowing whether a parent or two told this individual what he claims he was told. Is this sort of like "Mack" Scalabrini?
[/quote]
Like I said..ONE of them is just not telling the truth...I have known Mr. Wise for the majority of my LIFE...His PERSONALITY is not that of a "recruiter"...IF he were in the gym during practice, I would bet my paycheck that it was not for long...I KNOW him...MOST of you have only heard of him...Fans.. ::)

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1382600" timestamp="1362445349"]
Many people "knew" Lance Armstrong.
[/quote]
You know that there is a difference... ::) ::)....I KNOW that Greg Wise is no "recruiter"...By any stretch of the imagination...If his name were BILL KRUEGER and the school were in a suburb such as Clear Lake, it would be "acceptable" for kids to go there, wouldn't it?  ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1382603" timestamp="1362445536"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=109900.msg1382600#msg1382600 date=1362445349]
Many people "knew" Lance Armstrong.
[/quote]
You know that there is a difference... ::) ::)....I KNOW that Greg Wise is no "recruiter"...By any stretch of the imagination...If his name were BILL KRUEGER and the school were in a suburb such as Clear Lake, it would be "acceptable" for kids to go there, wouldn't it?  ::)
[/quote]

You and I both know that Mr. Krueger never had a continual stream of move ins.  As I said before, you dont have to call it recruiting but the school still acquires the bulk of its players in a manner different from those with whom it competes.  Two from Africa coming for communications excellence?  Give me a break.  I wonder if Mr. Wise coaches basketball in any other form other than at Yates?    I wonder if any of the kids who play (have played) for him(in those alternate formats) wound up being students at Yates?  Someone on here who is from Houston recently stated that the team had 6 players on it that were not some type of "move in".  By the way, your racial inferences are also losing credibility.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83