** #2 SILSBEE vs #6 HARDIN-JEFFERSON Broadcast**/SILSBEE WINS 77-69

Round 2 of Hardin County Havoc takes us back to Ford Arena in Beaumont as the SETX #2 Silsbee Tigers take on SETX #6 Hardin-Jefferson Hawks in a big 21-3A battle, TONIGHT, tip off at 7:30pm. Silsbee (23-7, 10-0) ranked #8 in 3A state polls, defeated Hamshire-Fannett Tuesday night, 101-58, to remain undefeated in district play. Hardin-Jefferson (30-3, 8-2) #15 in 3A state polls, took down Bridge City 70-32, to keep pace with WO-S for 2nd place and still give them a chance for a piece of the district title. Silsbee can wrap up the out right district championship with a win Friday or a win next Tuesday against WO-S. Silsbee defeated HJ 81-76 in the first game and has won 5 of last 6 and 9 of last 12 against the Hawks.

Broadcast will start 10 minutes prior to tip which is scheduled for 7:30pm.

(time approximate due to sub varsity games)

Click the link to listen to all the action live!!

http://www.legacysportsnetwork.com/Audio/2012-2013/Basketball/SETX/setx1.htm

SILSBEE vs. HARDIN-JEFFERSON, LIVE TONIGHT here at SETXsports.com!!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1371503" timestamp="1360339614"]
[quote author=freeze 1914 link=topic=109090.msg1371498#msg1371498 date=1360339473]
Silsbee by 17
[/quote]

Interesting. I had 3 area basketball coaches (not Silsbee coaches) state that very same point spread to me in the last two days.
[/quote]

lol. watch that score tonight

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1371567" timestamp="1360346546"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=109090.msg1371561#msg1371561 date=1360346088]
I cannot help but ask if either of you is "making the line" 17 points for tonite?
[/quote]

Not me. I know better.
[/quote]

Well I will say 17+. Does that sound better?

[quote name="Stephen A Smith" post="1371734" timestamp="1360371131"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=109090.msg1371563#msg1371563 date=1360346176]
HJ doesnt care to win. They just wanna avoid Yates as long as possible.
[/quote]

If HJ doesn't wanna play Yates 2nd round they need to win
[/quote]

Right

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics