Central head football coach applicants

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Nearly-30-have-applied-for-Central-football-job-4237165.php#photo-4111762

Some impressive coaches on this list. Hope they consider Kevin Goodwin who has done a great job at Center. Don't know much about the Graham guy but seems like he might be good and is a Central grad.

I'd say finalists should be:  Marcus Graham, Kevin Goodwin, Daryl Hobbs, Keeath Magee, Sedberry Jr plus I'm sure James Brown will get a courtesy interview spot along with BISD coaches Scott and Meteyor.

None of the 5 current BISD employees that applied excite me.  But...
James Brown...just feel he'd be a good fit.
Jonathan Cooper...comes from a winning program.
Kevin Goodwin...took nothing and made it into something.
Marcus Graham...Central ties.
Tim Green...comes from a winning program.

That would be the 5 I'd interview.

[quote name="Batman" post="1368753" timestamp="1359685101"]

[/quote]
With all due respect to Mr. Green and Mr. Cooper-- Green was just a position coach at WO-S and Cooper was a freshman coach. I don't even know if James Brown is a certified teacher. He has just coached at private schools and college.

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1368775" timestamp="1359689350"]
[quote author=Batman link=topic=108791.msg1368753#msg1368753 date=1359685101]

[/quote]
With all due respect to Mr. Green and Mr. Cooper-- Green was just a position coach at WO-S and Cooper was a freshman coach. I don't even know if James Brown is a certified teacher. He has just coached at private schools and college.
[/quote]I would have to agree with bobbymcgee on this one.  Tim Green has been at WOS for one semester as a position coach.  James Brown was a great football player, but is not even a certified teacher in the state of Texas.  You might want to do some research on why Cooper is only a freshman football coach.  Just my opinion, but Goodwin and Graham are the cream of the crop on this list.

JB is the cream of the crop on this list. What Central needs is someone that can inspire the kids to work and compete. JB will hire the right X & O coaches to take advantage of the abundance of talent. The HC needs to be someone that can motivate and get the kids to play. JB has the experience and accomplishments to get the kids attention. He knows what it takes to be successful and will have immediate respect from the players. If he shows confidence in his coaches, the kids will follow them. Its a simple equation.

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1368795" timestamp="1359711730"]
I say either James Brown, or Kirby Jones...(Coach Jones is a great coach produced alot of great players)... BISD should try going out of the area to hire a coach though idk why they never hire out the area
[/quote]
Could it be the home boy Athletic Director? 8)

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1369092" timestamp="1359765354"]
The AD has gone outside before- Stowers was an outside BISD hire, Stump was an outside BISD hire as was Flanigan. I don't remember where Ish Rison at Ozen came from but I don't think he had strong ties to BISD.
[/quote] Rison was an assistant coach from Central.  There is the BISD ties.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1369142" timestamp="1359773550"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=108791.msg1369092#msg1369092 date=1359765354]
The AD has gone outside before- Stowers was an outside BISD hire, Stump was an outside BISD hire as was Flanigan. I don't remember where Ish Rison at Ozen came from but I don't think he had strong ties to BISD.
[/quote] Rison was an assistant coach from Central.  There is the BISD ties.
[/quote]

Soulja, What kind of talent is coming back at Central, that the new coach can look forward to? Just curious.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• He's steadily improving rapidly. Not that your opinion matters much based on some of the wild projections you've made on this site 
    • Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
  • Topics