**TAPPS District Play Jan. 22**/Post'em

Orange Community Christian 90
Houston Family Christian.      66

The Lions (4-0) in TAPPS 1A District 8
Tyler Dixson 35 points, 7 assist
Brett Foster 16 points , 5 assist
Matthew McAfee 15 points, 14 rebounds, 7 assist
Charles Wagner 14 points, 8 rebounds

Kelly held Isaiah Taylor pretty well actually. Especially in the first half. Kelly was actually up until just before half time. Kelly's arguably best guard, Shad Wise, left the game 2 minutes into it with a hurt ankle. And one of Kelly's only 2 posts fouled out about halfway through the second. Only 5 players scored for Kelly and only 5 players really played the whole game pretty much.

Kelly was actually ahead 22-19 at the end of the 1st qtr.  But the injury to Wise was huge.  This was a game were his ability to get to the basket would have made a big difference.  In fact he was injured on a drive to the basket were he was fouled and came down on someone's foot.  The problem for Kelly was that both their post players had 3 fouls at the end of the 1st.  The Village was getting the ball inside on every possesion.  When one of Kelly's post fouled out with about 2:30 left in the 2nd, the score was 34-33 The Village.  The Village closed out the half on a 8-0 run to lead 42-33 at the half.  The score was 60-43 at the end of 3rd and the final was 77-56 as The Village just slowly built on their lead in the second half.  Kelly played the entire second half with the same 5 players as the injury to Wise and Haught foul out left them with no subs.  Another point, The Village played their starters the entire game.  In fact, their starting 5 played the entire 4th period and ended the game on the floor.  The Village only had 6 players score and only played 7 or 8 guys the entire game.

Kelly was led in scoring by Andrew Pace -17 pts, Thomas Falgout - 15 pts and Cam Frank -12 pts.  Taylor scored 21 for The Village, but the damage was really done by #10 - 22 pts and #13 - 17 pts, their two post players who dominated the game inside.  Sorry no names, but I understand #13 is being recruited by several D-1 schools and I would think #10 could play somewhere.  Kelly goes back to district play Friday at St. Thomas.  Hopefully Wise will recover by then and be able to play.

[quote name="bmtcpa87" post="1366081" timestamp="1358949773"]
Kelly was actually ahead 22-19 at the end of the 1st qtr.  But the injury to Wise was huge.  This was a game were his ability to get to the basket would have made a big difference.  In fact he was injured on a drive to the basket were he was fouled and came down on someone's foot.  The problem for Kelly was that both their post players had 3 fouls at the end of the 1st.  The Village was getting the ball inside on every possesion.  When one of Kelly's post fouled out with about 2:30 left in the 2nd, the score was 34-33 The Village.  The Village closed out the half on a 8-0 run to lead 42-33 at the half.  The score was 60-43 at the end of 3rd and the final was 77-56 as The Village just slowly built on their lead in the second half.  Kelly played the entire second half with the same 5 players as the injury to Wise and Haught foul out left them with no subs.  Another point, The Village played their starters the entire game.  In fact, their starting 5 played the entire 4th period and ended the game on the floor.  The Village only had 6 players score and only played 7 or 8 guys the entire game.

Kelly was led in scoring by Andrew Pace -17 pts, Thomas Falgout - 15 pts and Cam Frank -12 pts.  Taylor scored 21 for The Village, but the damage was really done by #10 - 22 pts and #13 - 17 pts, their two post players who dominated the game inside.  Sorry no names, but I understand #13 is being recruited by several D-1 schools and I would think #10 could play somewhere.  Kelly goes back to district play Friday at St. Thomas.  Hopefully Wise will recover by then and be able to play.
[/quote] I would really like to play The Village again at home with Wise and hopefully no foul trouble. Would be a really good game I think.

I agree.  Wise would have made a huge difference in this game.  The flow of the game would have allowed him to excel.  At this point I just hope he is ready to go Friday, but it didn't look good at all after the game.  His ankle will be a problem the rest of the season I'm afraid. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83