*Beaumont Ozen at Nederland Updates*/Ozen wins 66-59

I don't have a dog in the fight

the truth:
        Beaumont will always have superior athletic ability as a whole over Nederland.
        Beaumont Middle Schools are split among 3 public High Schools and several other private
            schools.
        Nederland has one high school.
        Nederland players predominately stay together thru Middle school to High School
        Beaumont players do not.
        Nederland is able to compete because there is more unity and they have a head coach that
        out coaches the coaches in that district
        No im not saying that the beaumont coaches can't coach, but with the talent they have in that
        area the beaumont schools should be heads above Nederland or any other team in that district.
        I see the talent on the junior high level for beaumont year in and year out.
        Coach English is teaching his players and the players get it.
        Beaumont coaches seem to use the invidual raw talent/athletic ability as a cruch when it comes
        to their coaching/teaching a team .
        Coach English can't afford to do that or they would not be competitive.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1363333" timestamp="1358173886"]
I don't have a dog in the fight

the truth:
        Beaumont will always have superior athletic ability as a whole over Nederland.
        Beaumont Middle Schools are split among 3 public High Schools and several other private
            schools.
        Nederland has one high school.
        Nederland players predominately stay together thru Middle school to High School
        Beaumont players do not.
        Nederland is able to compete because there is more unity and they have a head coach that
        out coaches the coaches in that district
        No im not saying that the beaumont coaches can't coach, but with the talent they have in that
        area the beaumont schools should be heads above Nederland or any other team in that district.
        I see the talent on the junior high level for beaumont year in and year out.
        Coach English is teaching his players and the players get it.
        Beaumont coaches seem to use the invidual raw talent/athletic ability as a cruch when it comes
        to their coaching/teaching a team .
        Coach English can't afford to do that or they would not be competitive.
[/quote]Good assessment.
You left one more valuable asset that ALL Beaumont schools have and MOST other schools in 4A/5A have:
3-4 assistant coaches including at least one Full time Varsity assistant. Nederland has Coach E. and one other coach to coach 3 teams!

Nederland is NOT a basketball town, it's a football town. We had two kids who lettered and contributed last year, but chose to not come out this year in order to concentrate on football. In addition, we had another JV kid who is a Soph who also quit in order to focus on football (and baseball) who would have either started on varsity next year or been one of 1st 2 kids off the bench.

Would be interesting to see if the Ned basketball team was on the same playing field when it comes to coaches and support from administration.

Awww Shucks!! You mean I have been missing all of this good action between the Nederland and Beaumont contingent?  ;D....In town today during our bye week doing some recruiting....Should I head to Ford Park for HJ/Silsbee, or check out the young guns at Beaumont Central, or see Nederland smack Lumberton? Decisions, decisions!! I really miss my SE Texas family! 8)

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1363384" timestamp="1358182886"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=108148.msg1363359#msg1363359 date=1358178506]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=108148.msg1363356#msg1363356 date=1358177897]
Yes that is very true.....He needs an assistant that is not only full time basketball, but one that knows the game.
[/quote]You available? ;)
[/quote]
i would if i could
[/quote]Even if you could, NISD administration and those in power would not allow it! We can't outshine the FB program! ::)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1363360" timestamp="1358178542"]
When did this turn into a Nederland vs Beaumont thing? West Brook and Central had nothing to do with Nederland losing to Ozen...
[/quote]

Im not saying the other schools have anything with ned losing to ozen...
hats off to Ozen.

And yes my post was off the subject/title of this post.  But i was just responding to other posts about freshmen and junior high kids. 

think about it How is Nederland able to compete and sometimes beat these beaumont schools?  Is it because of Coach Es work or the lack of coach/teaching at the beaumont schools?  or maybe a combination of the two....

Do we really need to compare the talent and athleticism of the two areas, its a pretty clear answer......beaumont is far superior in those qualities as a whole than nederland.....

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1363387" timestamp="1358183253"]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=108148.msg1363384#msg1363384 date=1358182886]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=108148.msg1363359#msg1363359 date=1358178506]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=108148.msg1363356#msg1363356 date=1358177897]
Yes that is very true.....He needs an assistant that is not only full time basketball, but one that knows the game.
[/quote]You available? ;)
[/quote]
i would if i could
[/quote]Even if you could, NISD administration and those in power would not allow it! We can't outshine the FB program! ::)
[/quote]

I know all to well my friend

Guys, Coach English does a TREMENDOUS job, considering what he has to go through over there in Nederland.  I think that they should take a long, hard look at untying his hands with that basketball program just to see what it can be.  He is by far and away the best coach in 20-4A...And it shows...They just need to give him what he needs to be successful, or they will eventually lose him.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1363386" timestamp="1358183117"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108148.msg1363379#msg1363379 date=1358182235]
;D ;D ABE!!!!!! Come on man, you KNOW you missed me on here!!  8)
[/quote]Ur right DV! We miss your entertaining and pot stirring comments! ;D
[/quote]
DickieV - Welcome back, but I must ask.  I thought you were coaching basketball somewhere - is your season ALREADY OVER?  If not, why are you wasting your time on a sports board?  And, if your team is still playing, what is your current record?  Inquiring minds would like to know if you coach as well as you opine. ;D 8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1363393" timestamp="1358183863"]
Guys, Coach English does a TREMENDOUS job, considering what he has to go through over there in Nederland.  I think that they should take a long, hard look at untying his hands with that basketball program just to see what it can be.  He is by far and away the best coach in 20-4A...And it shows...They just need to give him what he needs to be successful, or they will eventually lose him.
[/quote] The words on those championship banners are fading as father time gets older ;D

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1363394" timestamp="1358183931"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=108148.msg1363386#msg1363386 date=1358183117]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108148.msg1363379#msg1363379 date=1358182235]
[/quote]
DickieV - Welcome back, but I must ask.  I thought you were coaching basketball somewhere - is your season ALREADY OVER?  If not, why are you wasting your time on a sports board?  And, if your team is still playing, what is your current record?  Inquiring minds would like to know if you coach as well as you opine. ;D 8)
[/quote]
I usually do not answer questions that are "less than intelligent".... ::) ::)...But, I will just for clarity's sake...We are in first in our conference with a 7-1 record and overall of 11-4...We have a BYE week in conference and I am in town doing some recruiting...Some much needed downtime, re-acquanting with my buddies from SETX Sports for a few minutes this morning...Is that OK with you, sir?  8)

[/quote]
AMEN!!

[/quote]+1! Obviously you are aware of his many challenges he faces every year off the court. ;)
Nobody in Nederland is brave enough to stand up against those who are tying his hands!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1363397" timestamp="1358184479"]
[quote author=usedtobe link=topic=108148.msg1363394#msg1363394 date=1358183931]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=108148.msg1363386#msg1363386 date=1358183117]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I usually do not answer questions that are "less than intelligent".... ::) ::)...But, I will just for clarity's sake...We are in first in our conference with a 7-1 record and overall of 11-4...We have a BYE week in conference and I am in town doing some recruiting...Some much needed downtime, re-acquanting with my buddies from SETX Sports for a few minutes this morning...Is that OK with you, sir?  8)
[/quote]
Perfectly OK with me.  And, congratulations on your season this far - wishing you good fortune for the remainder of the season and for whatever playoffs you may qualify for.  Further, I thank you very much for taking time out of your very busy schedule to answer my "less than intelligent" inquiry.  I can clearly see that one thing about you has not changed while you have been gone.  But I guess that's what makes you so endearing to all your old buddies here at SETX Sports. :)

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1363152" timestamp="1358106273"]
[quote author=85' HUSKER link=topic=108148.msg1363138#msg1363138 date=1358101441]
My point exactly BD3. When you are part of the DC the last 3 yrs anything less than that is not a success. Hence save the season. Afterall, this is the state bound team right? Ned just gave up the home court advantage and the district leader is coming in this week. I hope we get back on track

Perhaps English pulled a Dayton and lost on purpose for a better playoff seed. What ya think AAW? Now tell me who the fool is? Oops there goes my bad karma again.

Oh, and my bad on classifying it as a meeting. I guess it was more of a family intervention, which may lead to your big surprise. I can't wait to find out this week. Go Dogs

[/quote]

I can't tell if you are being for real or not.. I just kinda hope you don't really think like that
[/quote]News Flash!! Duke called an emergency meeting today to save their season! Their loss to NC State on Saturday has caused mass chaos! :o Anything less than a Nat'l Championship is not a successful season! ::)

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1363410" timestamp="1358188400"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=108148.msg1363152#msg1363152 date=1358106273]
[quote author=85' HUSKER link=topic=108148.msg1363138#msg1363138 date=1358101441]
My point exactly BD3. When you are part of the DC the last 3 yrs anything less than that is not a success. Hence save the season. Afterall, this is the state bound team right? Ned just gave up the home court advantage and the district leader is coming in this week. I hope we get back on track

Perhaps English pulled a Dayton and lost on purpose for a better playoff seed. What ya think AAW? Now tell me who the fool is? Oops there goes my bad karma again.

Oh, and my bad on classifying it as a meeting. I guess it was more of a family intervention, which may lead to your big surprise. I can't wait to find out this week. Go Dogs

[/quote]

I can't tell if you are being for real or not.. I just kinda hope you don't really think like that
[/quote]News Flash!! Duke called an emergency meeting today to save their season! Their loss to NC State on Saturday has caused mass chaos! :o Anything less than a Nat'l Championship is not a successful season! ::)
[/quote]

I heard the Miami Heat were doing the same thing after losing 5 of their last 8.  Dove says you are only as good as your last game.

;D  Dove- Please read below about the Dogs just in case your vision is declining

[color=red][font=times new roman][size=14pt][b]20-4A District Champs 2010-2012
Bi-District Champs 2010-2012
Area Champs 2010-2012
Regional Quarter Finalist 2010-2012
Regional Semi-Finalist 2011[/b][/size][/font][/color]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124