WHO WILL BE CENTRAL NEW FOOTBALL COACH?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1360059" timestamp="1356963693"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=107841.msg1359977#msg1359977 date=1356925167]
Kevin Goodwin of Center would be a good hire for this one. A younger succesful coach, good guy, good football mind, would be able to motivate and inspire the guys there while implementing an actual system instead of [b]street ball[/b].He has some ties to the area I believe.
[/quote] In football?  What is STREETBALL?
[/quote] I'm still waiting on an answer to this question...  ??? ???. Never heard of street ball in a football context...

I wouldn't call what Central plays as "street ball". They have a plan and work the plan with Wash, but watching them in some big games over the past few years it was the plan that I questioned? Specifically I can think of the Humble playoff game. Central should have won that game. Mitchell could have run for 300 yards, but up until the last two minutes of the game, Washington wasn't using him. Everyone in the stands saw it from early in the game. I walked out of the Butch that night shaking my head.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1361288" timestamp="1357424856"]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=107841.msg1361283#msg1361283 date=1357423975]
Soulja, you must have been praying to the football gods!  Lol...
[/quote] ;D or he emailed them.  ;)
[/quote]
:)...if it works, I'm all for it.

Did He really Get fired??
I haven't heard anything about dis??

But If so, I knew it was coming, Im not saying Washington is not a good coach, because he has as much experience as any HC should, But I don't think he is a HC..Great man, and would be a great advisor but after that Humble game 3years ago When he said "Humble was just the better team" I knew Wash wasn't going to be their long...Then the year before that to get blown out by Friendswood with the amount of talent that team had was just coaching..If this is true I wish coach Washington the best cause he is one of the best people you could meet but If Central/B.I.S.D wants things to turn around they need to put their feelings to the side and make a business decision..

It's funny you say 'experience'.  He's been on our sidelines  25 years and you'd figure with that 'experience', we wouldn't be getting blown out every week for the last 2 years and caused Central football to become  the laughing stock of the district... And In those 2 years through the entire debacle, he's had an excuse every time (never blaming himself or the staff).  So, as far as I'm concerned, he can 'experience' being shown the door.

Besides maybe because West Brook is 5A I could see where they may be entitled to 1or 2 more coaches.  But there shouldn't be much difference especially between Ozen and Central. What are the numbers?  If you don't have them I think AD Saveat or his secretary would have to give you that info.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder