Ozen vs vidor

[quote name="chocky" post="1357882" timestamp="1356150138"]
if you were at the game you would understand why ozen pass the ball around in the end.It should be a very very interesting game next time around,seems it will hold district champ implecations/Oops got to get pass other teams(central etc.) first.
[/quote]
Smh.....

last year vidor played keep away ball basically all of the first qtr. first qtr. score for that game if i remember correctly was 8 to 6 second qtr. they did the same.By the 4th qtr. the lady pirates was worn down from running around passing to themselves.This year they are awesome with there game.

[quote name="chocky" post="1357917" timestamp="1356152021"]
last year vidor played keep away ball basically all of the first qtr. first qtr. score for that game if i remember correctly was 8 to 6 second qtr. they did the same.By the 4th qtr. the lady pirates was worn down from running around passing to themselves.This year they are awesome with there game.
[/quote]
Yes you are correct. But vidor was playing the game. Looking for a shot. Ozen was passing to end the game and that, IMO, is a terrible way to end the game.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1357921" timestamp="1356152236"]
[quote author=chocky link=topic=107708.msg1357917#msg1357917 date=1356152021]
[/quote]
Yes you are correct. But vidor was playing the game. Looking for a shot. Ozen was passing to end the game and that, IMO, is a terrible way to end the game.
[/quote]

That's basketball. It's the same as in football when you run the ball to run out the clock. Trust me, if the score was reverse, Vidor would have been doing the same thing. Vidor will compete this year, they have some fire and there is no range from where they can shoot. Man those were some NBA threes!!

My 1st "official" post on SETXS I believe.  So..  HOORAY 4 that!  Honestly, play better defense throughout the game and limit the turnovers, especially during critical times (I.e. in the last few min of the gm) and your chances of winning are greater.  Man up on D and deny the pass that, everyone knows, is coming!  Who cares if a team wins a game by controlling the clock?  See what's happening, make adjustments and fix the problem.  Nobody likes to hear a person complain about their team losing bc the rules don't go in their favor when they want them to.  There will ALWAYS be a time when the shoe is on the other foot!  Scores in the 50's and 60's in HS bball, are certainly not an indication that there should be a SC!  And I am a die hard Pirate-4-Life!  Just not afraid of the truth!

Good post stroker ,one thing you hate to hear is some one making excuses for a lost, as you said make adjustements ,put theam on the line, but don't cry after you let time run out and let a team hold the ball for two minutes.I am an Ozen supporter, and don't care for teams to hold the ball myself ,but it is called strategy.Vidor is a much improved team, and presents a good challenge, look forward to going to their next game against Ozen.

Guest flyonwall12
[quote name="kenneth1617" post="1359772" timestamp="1356888412"]
against buna check your stats
[/quote]

You are correct that Vidor did do that against Buna, but it was their fifth game in three days. When you play the style Vidor plays then the legs will be tired at the point. Buna is lucky that vidor was shooting bad or the game would have been even uglier. Vidor is not tall and shooting threes is how they win. I was not at the Ozen game but it sounds like they went punch to punch with Ozen. If they are not disciplined how did they manage to do that? And when was the last time a district team other than central played Ozen punch for punch.

[quote name="flyonwall12" post="1359774" timestamp="1356889049"]
[quote author=kenneth1617 link=topic=107708.msg1359772#msg1359772 date=1356888412]
against buna check your stats
[/quote]

You are correct that Vidor did do that against Buna, but it was their fifth game in three days. When you play the style Vidor plays then the legs will be tired at the point. Buna is lucky that vidor was shooting bad or the game would have been even uglier. Vidor is not tall and shooting threes is how they win. I was not at the Ozen game but it sounds like they went punch to punch with Ozen. If they are not disciplined how did they manage to do that? And when was the last time a district team other than central played Ozen punch for punch.
[/quote]
And to back you up central didn't even go punch for punch. If I remember right they lost by 15 or more and never got within 10. Vidor played the number 4 team in the state the best game they have faced besides a very good 5A school.

Guest flyonwall12
[quote name="kenneth1617" post="1359872" timestamp="1356909178"]
buna played 5 games in 3 days also and your right it should have been much worse if it wasnt for the poor 30 foot 3 point shots
[/quote]

This thread is not about Buna Vidor. It's about Vidor Ozen but just to finish Buna play slow and does not press which makes them less tired. Vidor presses and the games wear them down.

For the Ozen game Vidor probably made more of those 25 foot 3's that they are known to hit. Since I was not able to attend the Vidor Ozen game I can not talk about the game as if I know what happened but I was able to watch Ozen get crushed against Plano West which runs the same system Vidor runs. 

The game in January should be another great fight and I look forward to watching part two between the schools.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw