2013 PN-G Indians

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it from someone very close to the freshman team that Morse has been selected as the starting QB on varsity next year and Walker will remain a starting CB. If that's true, and I see no reason to believe otherwise, I think Faircloth made a great decision and that both of them will serve very well in those positions.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1356967" timestamp="1355959120"]
I have it from someone very close to the freshman team that Morse has been selected as the starting QB on varsity next year and Walker will remain a starting CB. If that's true, and I see no reason to believe otherwise, I think Faircloth made a great decision and that both of them will serve very well in those positions.
[/quote]Seriously.....The freshman has yet to take a varsity snap, hasnt even been through a high school offseason, or even competed against anyone for the job....Do you really believe this? No knock on either of them as Im sure both are more than capable. Surely you dont believe he has already been handed the job. 

[quote name="outanup" post="1356971" timestamp="1355960737"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=107591.msg1356967#msg1356967 date=1355959120]
[/quote]Seriously.....The freshman has yet to take a varsity snap, hasnt even been through a high school offseason, or even competed against anyone for the job....Do you really believe this? No knock on either of them as Im sure both are more than capable. Surely you dont believe he has already been handed the job.
[/quote]

After watching Morse play, I believe he will do well at the varsity level. I have no doubt that he'll take some knocks early, but in the long run, he will make a fine quarterback for the PN-G Indians.

As to whether or not I believe what I'm being told, the source this information came from is well placed and has yet to give me bad information. He may be wrong, but I would be surprised.

[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=107591.msg1356967#msg1356967 date=1355959120]
[/quote] I heard of having a starter going into the Spring before.  ;)

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1357028" timestamp="1355970638"]
[quote author=outanup link=topic=107591.msg1356971#msg1356971 date=1355960737]
[/quote]

After watching Morse play, I believe he will do well at the varsity level. I have no doubt that he'll take some knocks early, but in the long run, he will make a fine quarterback for the PN-G Indians.

As to whether or not I believe what I'm being told, the source this information came from is well placed and has yet to give me bad information. He may be wrong, but I would be surprised.
[/quote]

I have also heard of Morse moving to varsity....from a varsity parent. Having a 3 yr QB would make us solid..like in the times of Doty...seeing Morse play..maybe even better.

Yes Dustin Long was a 3 year starter, who had a great supporting cast @ runningback, wideouts, offensive line ,kicker and a Defense to boot! Doty had support @ runningback, offensive line wideouts, and a mediocre defense. Miller had supporting cast @offensive line, runningback and no help from the defense. AJ was not near the caliber of any of these three QBs, and I'm not saying that to be rude or put him down in any kind of way, but he didn't have a great supporting cast @ any position at all, Rose at wideout was his best help and most dependable option, with the clark kid returning kickoffs who is one of the best we had at the special teams. Not to mention a defense which was horrible at best. In my opinion having the Morse Kid start is a good thing. The Walker kid can play Defense, why not have a three year starter. This year was a hard long year and I believe everyone knew we were in trouble from the get go! It might not happen over night but somewheres coach Fairclothe has to go get someone who can put a defense out there that can actually stop someone. If this takes playing both ways then by the grace of god let's make it happen. I don't expect miracles but I do hope we have a better record than what we had last year. As for playing the teams we have on schedule, the Silsbees, wos, summer creeks, nederlands and vidors, so be it, only gonna make us better. Just may take a while! Looking forward to seeing how coach tries to move forward.

One thing I think a lot of folks forget about the QB situation this past season is that Faircloth and company knew that AJ was not there best option at the postion and made a change. Unfortunately the change got injured and AJ became the only option. AJ Smith wanted to play WR. He knew he would help the team better as a WR if they had someone else that could pull the trigger, but when Walker got hurt he did what was best for the team. I think we all saw a glimpse of what AJ could do as a 6'5" WR with good hands (remember the one handed grab in the 1st Q against Lumberton before Ky got hurt). With Walker at QB, AJ and Rose at WR, I think we could have been much more productive on offense, but we still had trouble running the ball.
Hopefully next year the running game will improve. Most of the Oline is returning so we should be improved up front due to experience and if Junior to be Taylor Smith steps in to Reasons spot he will not dissapoint. He is a big strong kid (6'1" 250+ and growing) with quickness and developed a mean streak as the JV season wore on last year. Halfin reminds me of Harmon and Bertrand with good lower body strength and always hits the hole strong and quick and rarely losses yards.
The biggest question mark next year will be Defensive Line. Who returns and who steps up? I know Wardlow and #49 return, but we need some beef in there. Could we see some O Linemen move over to that side of the ball with a couple of young O Linemen ready to play?
I just hope folks don't get too discouraged if this team starts out 0-3. Silsbee, SC and WOS will be 3 of the top 5 teams in this area next year.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1358832" timestamp="1356636951"]
Tough preseason for sure, but I think it will give us a look at what to expect in district. I would rather us lose in preseason and adjustments made and roll in district.
[/quote]
Yes, hopefully having two full scrimmages will help in the evaluation process. Seems we have been late in making personel adjustments the last several years and start out in a whole in the first couple weeks of district.

In the years past, we have had some stars on defense...Romero, Knox, and who can forget Dunbar..running the blocked fieldgoal back for a TD against Central. Several others on defense that have stood out. When was the last time we have had a solid all around defense? Being good on one side of the ball will only get you so far in the playoffs.

[/quote]Seriously.....[b]The freshman has yet to take a varsity snap, hasnt even been through a high school offseason, or even competed against anyone for the job....[/b]Do you really believe this? No knock on either of them as Im sure both are more than capable. Surely you dont believe he has already been handed the job. 

[/quote]

gotta to take that first snap sometime....

Rose will be one to watch for the Injuns next season, other than that, not to sure they will fix all of their "problems"

[/quote]

Actually, he did take a few snaps in the Texas City scrimmage...granted, it wasn't against their first string, but he did a good job...I for one am looking forward to the 2013 season. 

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1359108" timestamp="1356715397"]
When they were running the spread yes... hmmm... switch away from spread, play good defense, run spread, defense is gassed and can't stop anyone... sound familiar.  Your analogy is missing something.
[/quote]

I agree that we stayed with the spread too long.  The ability to have long sustained drives by the offense helped us a bunch the last couple of years.  The fact that the D couldn't get off the field against GT killed us.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa