17-4A??

UHFALCON

School Name  17-4A    *W-L-T *Pct.          W-L-T Pct.        PF PA Strk
Georgetown                  7-0-0 1.000          10-0-0 1.000 479 98 10 W
Manor                            6-1-0 0.857            7-3-0 0.700 273 162 5 W
Pflugerville Connally        5-2-0 0.714            7-3-0 0.700 345 142 2 L
Elgin                              4-3-0 0.571            6-4-0 0.600 358 177 3 W
Hutto                            3-4-0 0.429            5-5-0 0.500 286 268 1 W
Bastrop                        2-5-0 0.286            3-7-0 0.300 224 265 4 L
East View                      1-6-0 0.143            3-7-0 0.300 175 400 1 L
Cedar Creek                  0-7-0 0.000            1-9-0 0.100 71 598 8 L

[quote name="Eazy" post="1328642" timestamp="1352764712"]
Brenham wins, Mag West gets killed, Huntsville and Montgomery games are probably a toss-up, but I'll lean with 18-4A.
[/quote]

Good Observation, but I'm leaning the other way.

Brenham (Cause that's What they Do!!)
Georgetown (56 Seniors)
Manor (Cause I'm a homer!!!)
Connally/ Montgomery (Toss Up)

With Manor, it depends on which team shows up. Difference with this years team is they figured out how to finish games. Two of our 3 losses are to teams that can probably win the whole thing. (Leander and Georgetown) Big win last week at Connally. Mustangs are peaking at the right time. I think we are gonna be a tough out.

[quote name="Chrcj71" post="1328926" timestamp="1352785449"]
[quote author=Eazy link=topic=106183.msg1328642#msg1328642 date=1352764712]
Brenham wins, Mag West gets killed, Huntsville and Montgomery games are probably a toss-up, but I'll lean with 18-4A.
[/quote]

Good Observation, but I'm leaning the other way.

Brenham (Cause that's What they Do!!)
Georgetown (56 Seniors)
Manor (Cause I'm a homer!!!)
Connally/ Montgomery (Toss Up)

With Manor, it depends on which team shows up. Difference with this years team is they figured out how to finish games. Two of our 3 losses are to teams that can probably win the whole thing. (Leander and Georgetown) Big win last week at Connally. Mustangs are peaking at the right time. I think we are gonna be a tough out.
[/quote]

I got you guys going 3 rounds.

I've been trying to find out how good Manor is. Their three losses aren't bad except maybe Waco but it's hard to tell without any like opponents. They barely have 1000 kids so I'm sure they're going to be playing kids both ways so hopefully Crosby can gain a little conditioning edge. Other than that, all I can tell is they're pretty effective throwing the ball and they hand it off to about 8 different guys. On another subject, I think if Summer Creek beats Georgetown in the second round and Dawson in the regional final, who are both a combined 20-0 right now then I think they're the clear favorite for the 4a D1 state title. Should be good test because both of those schools have those 2000+ enrollment numbers like SC does.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1329033" timestamp="1352818564"]
I've been trying to find out how good Manor is. Their three losses aren't bad except maybe Waco but it's hard to tell without any like opponents. They barely have 1000 kids so I'm sure they're going to be playing kids both ways so hopefully Crosby can gain a little conditioning edge. Other than that, all I can tell is they're pretty effective throwing the ball and they hand it off to about 8 different guys. On another subject, I think if Summer Creek beats Georgetown in the second round and Dawson in the regional final, who are both a combined 20-0 right now then I think they're the clear favorite for the 4a D1 state title. Should be good test because both of those schools have those 2000+ enrollment numbers like SC does.
[/quote]

I got Manor going 3 rounds, so obviously, I agree.  SC VS Georgetown would be awesome to see. 

[quote name="cougar14" post="1329033" timestamp="1352818564"]
I've been trying to find out how good Manor is. Their three losses aren't bad except maybe Waco but it's hard to tell without any like opponents. [b]They barely have 1000 kids so I'm sure they're going to be playing kids both ways so hopefully Crosby can gain a little conditioning edge.[/b] Other than that, all I can tell is they're pretty effective throwing the ball and they hand it off to about 8 different guys. On another subject, I think if Summer Creek beats Georgetown in the second round and Dawson in the regional final, who are both a combined 20-0 right now then I think they're the clear favorite for the 4a D1 state title. Should be good test because both of those schools have those 2000+ enrollment numbers like SC does.
[/quote]

Manor's enrollment is at about 1800 right now. I don't think we have one kid that goes both ways.

[quote name="Chrcj71" post="1329183" timestamp="1352829395"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106183.msg1329033#msg1329033 date=1352818564]
I've been trying to find out how good Manor is. Their three losses aren't bad except maybe Waco but it's hard to tell without any like opponents. [b]They barely have 1000 kids so I'm sure they're going to be playing kids both ways so hopefully Crosby can gain a little conditioning edge.[/b] Other than that, all I can tell is they're pretty effective throwing the ball and they hand it off to about 8 different guys. On another subject, I think if Summer Creek beats Georgetown in the second round and Dawson in the regional final, who are both a combined 20-0 right now then I think they're the clear favorite for the 4a D1 state title. Should be good test because both of those schools have those 2000+ enrollment numbers like SC does.
[/quote]

Manor's enrollment is at about 1800 right now. I don't think we have one kid that goes both ways.
[/quote]OK, I looked on USNEWS to get those stats. They rank all aspects of the school. This must be pretty old then.
http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/texas/districts/manor-independent-school-district/manor-high-school-19502
Y'all have an inner city school feel like a North Forrest or Ozen and should be pretty fast but when I looked at the team highlights for the year I only saw few for the offense. I didn't check on the non-playoff teams besides Bastrop though. I notice y'all play two or three qbs, why is that? Also, is Tyrone Owens the feature back or had a few good games? What are the names of your best players and where can I find your team's complete stats? I looked in The Statesman but they don't have complete stats.

[quote]OK, I looked on USNEWS to get those stats. They rank all aspects of the school. This must be pretty old then.
http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/texas/districts/manor-independent-school-district/manor-high-school-19502
[b]Y'all have an inner city school feel like a North Forrest or Ozen and should be pretty fast[/b] but when I looked at the team highlights for the year I only saw few for the offense. I didn't check on the non-playoff teams besides Bastrop though. I notice y'all play two or three qbs, why is that? Also, is Tyrone Owens the feature back or had a few good games? What are the names of your best players and where can I find your team's complete stats? I looked in The Statesman but they don't have complete stats.
[/quote]

[b]??? Does this mean we are black and quick????[/b]

-We Play two QB's because last year we lost our QB and the backup wasn't ready.
-Owens has been steady all year. We finally decided we can run near the end of the year.
-No one really stands out above the others. Just a very solid football team. Load the box, we will throw all day. Drop back in coverage and we will run it down your throat. Definately will take avantage of what you give us.
-Can't find stats anywhere. I've seen maybe three box scores in the paper all year.

[quote name="Chrcj71" post="1329914" timestamp="1352867166"]
[quote]OK, I looked on USNEWS to get those stats. They rank all aspects of the school. This must be pretty old then.
[b]Y'all have an inner city school feel like a North Forrest or Ozen and should be pretty fast[/b] but when I looked at the team highlights for the year I only saw few for the offense. I didn't check on the non-playoff teams besides Bastrop though. I notice y'all play two or three qbs, why is that? Also, is Tyrone Owens the feature back or had a few good games? What are the names of your best players and where can I find your team's complete stats? I looked in The Statesman but they don't have complete stats.
[/quote]

[b]??? Does this mean we are black and quick????[/b]

-We Play two QB's because last year we lost our QB and the backup wasn't ready.
-Owens has been steady all year. We finally decided we can run near the end of the year.
-No one really stands out above the others. Just a very solid football team. Load the box, we will throw all day. Drop back in coverage and we will run it down your throat. Definately will take avantage of what you give us.
-Can't find stats anywhere. I've seen maybe three box scores in the paper all year.
[/quote]If that's how you want to put it, then yes. Teams with mostly brothers are usually pretty fast, just the way it is. Doesn't mean they will be good though. Teams like Ozen we're playing round one, North Forest, CE King often, and those Forest Brook teams we used to play are dangerous no matter the record or stats because they have an overwhelming number of players that can change the game based on their athleticism. Sometime you have good teams with players that aren't real dynamic so you don't get the big individual stat numbers, instead you get good team numbers that reflect your record. I just didn't see any big individual or team stat numbers and the film showed some solid athletes so I was wondering why? 

[quote name="Trocket" post="1329936" timestamp="1352868716"]
Yea, Livingston beat Manor in the 1st round the year we lost to Dayton in the 3rd round With Harris as our QB in his Junior year.
[/quote]Manor is the type team that makes me nervous. 2 winning seasons in about the last decade. Kids are going to be extremely hungry. Last time we played a team like that we were unexpectedly shooting jumpers. I mean, we did go 14-0 in the district in basketball last season but schools hang their hats on gridiron success. Ozen and Manor could be more difficult than a possible future third round matchup with GCM. Got a break in the bracket and a bunch of speed to go with it. Oh well, guess that's better than having a combined 30-0 SC, Dawson, and Georgetown in the bracket.

[quote name="Trocket" post="1329936" timestamp="1352868716"]
Yea, Livingston beat Manor in the 1st round the year we lost to Dayton in the 3rd round With Harris as our QB in his Junior year.
[/quote]

Yea, I definately remember that beating.  That team's decent regular season record was due to the fact that we were in that Austin District. We beat up on weak teams all year and were not ready for what was coming in the playoffs

We haven't had any playoff sucess since the 3A level.

Like I said in an earlier post, this team has played well all year.  One blowout loss to Georgetown, Tied with Leander 7-7 in the third quarter. I think we are battle tested.
I hope this year's version is ready for what's coming.
I'm sure Coach Jackson will have them ready.

[quote name="Chrcj71" post="1329962" timestamp="1352870684"]
What's the story on Huntsville?
I saw some film and they look like Manor in green jerseys.
I think it's gonna be a great game.
[/quote]I think you all have a [b]very good chance [/b] to beat Huntsville, I picked you all to beat them. They come from a weak district this year and I know BrenhamFan will have something to say about that. ;D

[quote name="Trocket" post="1329968" timestamp="1352871043"]
[quote author=Chrcj71 link=topic=106183.msg1329962#msg1329962 date=1352870684]
[/quote]I think you all have a [b]very good chance [/b] to beat Huntsville, I picked you all to beat them. They come from a weak district this year and I know BrenhamFan will have something to say about that. ;D
[/quote]I got Huntsville in the upset

[quote name="Trocket" post="1329968" timestamp="1352871043"]
[/quote]

We are weak this year, but not usually.  Our district maybe weak this year, not as week as 20-4A.  If you can beat 3 out 4 extremely weak teams you're in. (Lumberton, PNG, Central & Ozen)  A.K.A. Cake walk.
;D

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1330157" timestamp="1352905205"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=106183.msg1329968#msg1329968 date=1352871043]
[/quote]

We are weak this year, but not usually.  Our district maybe weak this year, not as week as 20-4A.  If you can beat 3 out 4 extremely weak teams you're in. (Lumberton, PNG, Central & Ozen)  A.K.A. Cake walk.
;D
[/quote]Gonna be 20-4A against 17-4A I hope in another week, what were you all 17-4A 1st place team against 20-4A 3rd place team, Hummm we will see. Least you forget last year 20-4A's 4th place team beat 17-4A 1st place, (12) D1 players team or was there really only (1) D1 player?  ;D ;D 

[quote name="Lions#80" post="1330203" timestamp="1352908136"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=106183.msg1330157#msg1330157 date=1352905205]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=106183.msg1329968#msg1329968 date=1352871043]
[/quote]

;D
[/quote]Gonna be 20-4A against 17-4A I hope in another week, what were you all 17-4A 1st place team against 20-4A 3rd place team, Hummm we will see. Least you forget last year 20-4A's 4th place team beat 17-4A 1st place, (12) D1 players team or was there really only (1) D1 player?  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Last year?  That's all you got?  That won't affect this year.  By the way, our 4th place team took out SC last year.  On top of that, our 3rd place team almost took out the champs of 20-4A.  I wouldn't expect you to know that cuz y'all were playing basketball by then.  Lol.  At least I'll admit when out district is down.  I'm predict 17-4A to go 3-1 this week, but well be that one, and we'll be ready IF y'all can get by BH.

[quote name="Chrcj71" post="1329962" timestamp="1352870684"]
[/quote]I don't think you can say that the District is necessarily weak in comparison to others.  Their may be some average to poor teams, but the worst team in 18-4A could beat the bottom 3 in 19-4A all day long. 
Huntsville is pretty solid on both sides of the ball.  They will try and establish the running game, but they can throw it too.  Their QB can take off running as well.  My problem with Huntsville is that they can't seem to play 4 quarters of football.  If they did, they would be tough to beat.  They usually start off slow and give up a TD in the 1st 3 minutes of the game before they realize that they actually have to play.  They probably should have beaten Brenham but mistakes and turnovers generally appear at critical times.  Huntsville can certainly win this game, but it all comes down to making plays.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476