Taylor defeats Madisonville!!!!

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1320119" timestamp="1352076259"]
The Coldspring game vs. LC-M was not a loss, it was a beating.  Some of you folk got short memories.  CS has gotten the better of WO-S lately but dont forget the donkey stomping that was administered yall in previous playoffs.  Its all a cycle, like a ferris wheel, and yours has stopped so you can get off now.  If you continue to sniff argon your credibility will be greatly diminished on this board.
[/quote]
Awe, someone got their feelings hurt and wants Coldspring (WOS's Daddy) to stop talking about them. Coldspring is currently the 2 time defending regional champs until someone takes that away from them. Yes, it will be a tough road for them this year. Alot tougher than WOS has to reach the finals.

[quote name="JB94" post="1320224" timestamp="1352080609"]
I think WO-S and Navasota are the best in Region 3, Division 2. Would they play each other before the Region 3, Division 2 final?
[/quote]
No, all the good teams will be on one side of the brackett (Navasota, La Marque, and Coldspring).
http://www.uiltexas.org/football/playoff-brackets

IMO this is hands down the toughest region in the state.  You have Navasota, Coldspring, WOS, LaMarque, China Spring, Lorena, West Columbia, Jasper, and Center.  That is just who all is going small school.  WOS, LaMarque, and Navasota all have great Defenses, but it will not be a shoe in for any of these teams come play off time.  If you think anyone is walking through this region then you are crazy.  It will be who gets hot and who can avoid the injuries.  Just my opinion.

[quote name="setxguru" post="1320346" timestamp="1352086713"]
IMO this is hands down the toughest region in the state.  You have Navasota, Coldspring, WOS, LaMarque, China Spring, Lorena, West Columbia, Jasper, and Center.  That is just who all is going small school.  WOS, LaMarque, and Navasota all have great Defenses, but it will not be a shoe in for any of these teams come play off time.  If you think anyone is walking through this region then you are crazy.  It will be who gets hot and who can avoid the injuries.  Just my opinion.
[/quote]
Sounds about right.

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1320320" timestamp="1352085441"]
[quote author=Majestyk link=topic=105659.msg1320119#msg1320119 date=1352076259]
The Coldspring game vs. LC-M was not a loss, it was a beating.  Some of you folk got short memories.  CS has gotten the better of WO-S lately but dont forget the donkey stomping that was administered yall in previous playoffs.  Its all a cycle, like a ferris wheel, and yours has stopped so you can get off now.  If you continue to sniff argon your credibility will be greatly diminished on this board.
[/quote]
Awe, someone got their feelings hurt and wants Coldspring (WOS's Daddy) to stop talking about them. Coldspring is currently the 2 time defending regional champs until someone takes that away from them. Yes, it will be a tough road for them this year. Alot tougher than WOS has to reach the finals.
[/quote]You're irrelevent, step away please. Next.

IMO Cs won't beat Navasota, CS won't beat WOS. As far as CS running all over WOS last year, you don't have the same team. Those two guys are gone. I'll give Cs props, they had a very nice run. They are not as good as last year and are in the toughest side of the bracket. Would love to see a rematch though.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1320548" timestamp="1352125737"]
Just curious as I don't have time to research, someone please tell me why LaMarque is DII when they just dropped down to 3A?
[/quote]

Mainly because Stafford and West Columbia have larger enrollments. But LaMarque the last two seasons had been playing 4A with 3A numbers.

That school's enrollment is dropping at an alarming rate.

Don't hate on WOS because we got the so called easy side of the bracket. We only play the team on our schedule. And we will hopefully get to play thee winner of so called hard side. I just hope WOS goes to the playoffs without any injuries and keeps playing great defense and winning ball games like I know they can.

AggiesWeAre, are we still on for that c-note bet for Friday?

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1320606" timestamp="1352129180"]
Don't hate on WOS because we got the so called easy side of the bracket. We only play the team on our schedule. And we will hopefully get to play thee winner of so called hard side. I just hope WOS goes to the playoffs without any injuries and keeps playing great defense and winning ball games like I know they can.

[b]AggiesWeAre, are we still on for that c-note bet for Friday?[/b]
[/quote]

Yep. I got Silsbee +10

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1320625" timestamp="1352130222"]
You'll be at the game right if so, where do you wanna meet so the winner can collect?
[/quote]

Since I broadcast the game, I will not be able to get out of the press box till about 20 minutes after the game. Then have to load up the equipment. I can meet at front of gym about 30-40 minutes after game is over.

I'll reserve predicting how far WOS will go in the playoffs till after the Silsbee game. If they shutout Silsbee or hold them to 7 points, then I say they have as good a shot at a title as any of the teams mentioned in the earlier posts. No way Coldspring has as good of team as they had last year without Gilbert. This year's scores reflect that. No way last year's team loses to LCM. I'll say whoever comes out of Region 3 this year gets the title.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1320637" timestamp="1352130755"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=105659.msg1320625#msg1320625 date=1352130222]
You'll be at the game right if so, where do you wanna meet so the winner can collect?
[/quote]

Since I broadcast the game, I will not be able to get out of the press box till about 20 minutes after the game. Then have to load up the equipment. I can meet at front of gym about 30-40 minutes after game is over.
[/quote]I'll act as middle man and hold yalls money.  I'll get it to the winner after the game.  No fee involved.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1320547" timestamp="1352125634"]
IMO Cs won't beat Navasota, CS won't beat WOS. As far as CS running all over WOS last year, you don't have the same team. Those two guys are gone. I'll give Cs props, they had a very nice run. They are not as good as last year and are in the toughest side of the bracket. Would love to see a rematch though.
[/quote]
Coldspring offense is as good if not better this year than last.  Yes, Gilbert and Monroe are gone, but they have been replaced by 4 backs that are almost as fast as Gilbert and way more power than either Gilbert or Monroe.  The passing game this year is way better, and the balance between the two has made this offense more dangerous than ever.  You can't just key on Gilbert anymore.  We are missing Harrison and Andries on defense way more, but this group is working together very well and if they hadn't been out at halftime for most of the season would have held most of our district to 7 points or less.  Compare Coldspring's schedule this year with last year's.  We have already played two teams that are better than anyone (including Wimberley) that we played last year.  Granted WOS is a year older and better, but Navasota and LaMarque this year were better in preseason than WOS last year in playoffs.  I don't know that we will make it back to play WOS in the playoffs, but it would be a fun rematch. 

[quote name="Titletown2" post="1320784" timestamp="1352140124"]
I'll reserve predicting how far WOS will go in the playoffs till after the Silsbee game. If they shutout Silsbee or hold them to 7 points, then I say they have as good a shot at a title as any of the teams mentioned in the earlier posts. No way Coldspring has as good of team as they had last year without Gilbert. This year's scores reflect that. No way last year's team loses to LCM. I'll say whoever comes out of Region 3 this year gets the title.
[/quote]
Have you seen them play? 
What scores prove that CS is worse this year than last?
The LCM game was a bust.  The whole team played like crap.  Had a pre-season all-state lineman pick hurt his knee in the 1st quarter and get carried off the field.  He is a leader on the team and with him sitting on the bench, you could see the breath go out of the team.  They played like crap and with a little help from the refs got their butts handed to them.  Other than that game, and the stomping that Navasota put on them, they have played better against every other school they have faced.  I can assure you, that this year's offense is better than last year's. 

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1321153" timestamp="1352160347"]
[quote author=Titletown2 link=topic=105659.msg1320784#msg1320784 date=1352140124]
[/quote]
Have you seen them play? 
The LCM game was a bust.  The whole team played like crap.  Had a pre-season all-state lineman pick hurt his knee in the 1st quarter and get carried off the field.  He is a leader on the team and with him sitting on the bench, you could see the breath go out of the team.  They played like crap and with a little help from the refs got their butts handed to them.  Other than that game, and the stomping that Navasota put on them, they have played better against every other school they have faced.  I can assure you, that this year's offense is better than last year's.
[/quote]

Well let's just do some score comparisons from this year and last year.

District games

'11                        '12
Shepherd            59-0                      69-7
Tarkington          67-8                      51-0
Splendora            67-0                      55-7
Huffman              20-3                      60-21
Liberty                68-13                    68-16
Cleveland            61-0                      37-17
                        ------                      --------
                    342-24                    340-68
            avg.  57 - 4                      56.7 - 11.3

Coldspring scored more points in 3 games last year than they did this year. CS scored more points in 2 games this year. They scored the same amount in the Liberty game both years.

I think CS offense was better last year, but not by much. But, last year's defense was much better than this years defense.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1321163" timestamp="1352161583"]
[quote author=TROJANSWIN link=topic=105659.msg1321153#msg1321153 date=1352160347]
[quote author=Titletown2 link=topic=105659.msg1320784#msg1320784 date=1352140124]
[/quote]
Have you seen them play? 
[/quote]

Well let's just do some score comparisons from this year and last year.

District games

'11                        '12
Shepherd            59-0                      69-7
Tarkington          67-8                      51-0
Splendora            67-0                      55-7
Huffman              20-3                      60-21
Liberty                68-13                    68-16
Cleveland            61-0                      37-17
                        ------                      --------
                    342-24                    340-68
            avg.  57 - 4                      56.7 - 11.3

Coldspring scored more points in 3 games last year than they did this year. CS scored more points in 2 games this year. They scored the same amount in the Liberty game both years.

I think CS offense was better last year, but not by much. But, last year's defense was much better than this years defense.
[/quote]
CS defense was better last year, but not as much as the numbers show.  Most of the points scored this year were on the second string.  1st string normally gives up one drive for a touchdown and then locks it down tight.  The rest of the points come with the backups in.  This year, Barbay has pulled the starters earlier.  Last year they were playing till the middle to end of the 3rd quarter.  This year most games have seen them out at halftime. 
The passing game has definitely improved this year from last, and will make the offense much more potent come playoff time.  Can't just load up and stop the run anymore.  There are at least 4 receivers that could burn you at any time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder