Beaumont Kelly at Houston St. Pius X Game Thread/St. Pius wins 63-13

WOSgrad

Some ideas for Kelly. Never punt the ball unless its 4th and 30, you can't stop a junior high this year. Onside evey chance you get, which might only be two more opportunities this year. And maybe just let them score, they probably have a better chance of stopping themselves and you get the ball back faster.  Clean house and get a real coach!

Kelly is weak, no denying but you can't blame the coach really. He was hired 2 weeks before 2-a-days started. He didn't know the kids, their strengths, weakness, etc. He had to pull together a coaching staff in 2 weeks. If he hadn't stepped in Kelly probably wouldn't have a program this year. Give the coach a year or 2 and Kelly will be a great team again. He walked into a mess left by Heartsfield. That was one of the worst things Kelly did was hire Heartsfield a year ago. He had divsion 1 talent and blew their State Championship. He left to take a job as an Assistant Coach somewhere. I'm guessing he knew he screwed up that program so he left.

Blew it? When's the last time Kelly made it to a state championship before last year? He won 3 playoff games. Heartsfield looks like Vince Lombardi compared to this joker. This is the worst season in the history of the school and they are supposed to be good again? When? And not with him, unless they get a bunch of transfers.

Took them to the state championship with two D1 players. Leaves and now they are 0-8. Sounds like he really screwed them up. Didn't the last coach have a pretty good team in 07 or 08 with about 6 or 7 D1 players and lose to Nolan in round 1. I think one is now in the NFL. Go figure.

So Heartsfield gets credit for the team Coach Long built? He stepped in for one year and put the team on cruise control. He inherited that team that Long built. If Long hadn't left for family reasons, Kelly would have been raising a State banner last year. Holmes is picking up the pieces after the majority of the talent graduated. Just my opinion.

PS... I'm an Aggie Fan. Love your screen name. Gig 'em.

Kelly had the same kids the year before and went 0-6 in district. Stop the cruise control non sense. Whatever the changes were ie heartsfield, defense, offense, special teams, a combination of everything, it worked. That's the past anyway, in the present they are having the worst season in the hidtory of the school, whatever the excuses may be. They get beat 50 something to 7 every game  I feel bad that the kids have to go through that.

So what happened when Long had that stacked team in 07/08 with all that D1 talent. Some say it was one of the best teams ever in TAPPS. One and done.  And by the way, he built that team also, with various recruits from the area. If you know what I mean.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124