Who makes playoffs in 10-2A?

Newton             7 0 (wins out, if they play to their potential)
East Chambers      6 1 (wins out, if they play to their potential)
Woodville    5 2 (wins next 2 and loss to N, Kv has potential to win that game)
Anahuac             4 3 (losses next 2, can beat Kz but may not)
Kirbyville             3 4 (loses to Wd, wins last 2, might have trouble with Kz)
Kountze             2 5 (loses out, unless opponent not ready to play)
Hardin             1 6 (wins Wn, loses last 2)
Warren             0 7 (loses out)

This should open up some discussion... 
If the season turns out like this Newton, East Chambers, Woodville (1, 2, 3)

BUT... this is HS football and anyone can have a really bad night at the same time someone has a really good night, so there is still an assumption that Newton goes undefeated (although highly likely).  I haven't seen everyone play yet so there are some assumptions here and this is based on what I have read on the posts regarding all the games in this district. (I read them all)

I have a great deal or respect for all the teams in this district and love to watch the talent that shows up every Friday night to play!  GO BUCS!

[quote name="colliecw" post="1309270" timestamp="1351177586"]
WOW!  I am absolutly impressed that this hasn't gotten any discussion...

Everyone must agree then... 8)
[/quote]

Maybe there is not the level of interest in District 10-2A that you think there is.  Let's see now, there's you and Axe Em Jacks - that's 2? ;D

10-2A-I Standings as of now

Dist. Ovr.

Team            
Newton       (4-0) (7-0)
East Chambers  (3-1) (5-2)
Woodville       (3-1) (4-3)
Anahuac       (3-1) (4-3)
Kountze       (2-2) (5-2)
Kirbyville       (1-3) (2-5)
Warren       (0-4) (3-4)
Hardin       (0-4) (1-6)

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1309287" timestamp="1351178551"]
[quote author=colliecw link=topic=105191.msg1309270#msg1309270 date=1351177586]
WOW!  I am absolutly impressed that this hasn't gotten any discussion...

Everyone must agree then... 8)
[/quote]

Maybe there is not the level of interest in District 10-2A that you think there is.  Let's see now, there's you and Axe Em Jacks - that's 2? ;D
[/quote]

There sure was a few weeks ago...  This districts boards were being commented on by a large number of folks...

Newton                7  0 (wins out, if they play to their potential)
East Chambers      6  1 (wins out, if they play to their potential)
Woodville              4  3 (wins next game and loss to N)
Anahuac              4  3 (loses next game, can beat Kz)
Kirbyville              4  3 (wins last 2)
Kountze                2  5 (loses out, unless opponent not ready to play)
Warren                1  6 (loses out)
Hardin                  0  7 (loses out)

UPDATE
Season turns out like this Newton, East Chambers,(1, 2)

3rd place up for grabs... Anahuac, Kirbyville, Woodville (not sure how tie breaker works)

If everything goes as planed.. If Anahuac beats Kountze in the last week it could be a 3 way tie between Woodville, Kirbyville and Anahuac. Because Kirbyville beat Woodville, Woodville beat Anahuac and Anahuac Beat Kirbyville.. Hmmm... But if Kountze beats Anahuac then Kirbyville is in.. I believe.

[quote name="bulldog16" post="1311633" timestamp="1351311938"]
If Kirbyville wins out they will be in. They now hold the tiebreaker between them woodville and anahuac if it comes down to a 3 way tie. Take it one at a time.
[/quote]
Kville lost to Anahuac by 14, who Woodville beat by 24. Woodville lost to Kirbyville by 24. There's a 14 point difference between Woodville and Kirbyville. There's a 10 point difference between Woodville and Anahuac. Unless im totally wrong lol which is possible on this subject. But if im right then Woodville is in if there's a three-way tie due to point difference.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1311660" timestamp="1351312793"]
[quote author=bulldog16 link=topic=105191.msg1311633#msg1311633 date=1351311938]
If Kirbyville wins out they will be in. They now hold the tiebreaker between them woodville and anahuac if it comes down to a 3 way tie. Take it one at a time.
[/quote]
Kville lost to Anahuac by 14, who Woodville beat by 24. Woodville lost to Kirbyville by 24. There's a 14 point difference between Woodville and Kirbyville. There's a 10 point difference between Woodville and Anahuac. Unless im totally wrong lol which is possible on this subject. But if im right then Woodville is in if there's a three-way tie due to point difference.
[/quote]
Is this the way they determine a 3 way tie??

[quote name="hardin01" post="1311673" timestamp="1351313088"]
By points - Yes
[/quote]
Point-difference and coin flip are the onlyt two ways you can determine three-way ties. And a coin flip only happens if there is a tie in the point difference system. And yes thats how a three-way tie is determined. If Kville loses, Woodville is in. If Woodville loses both, Anahuac is in. If Anahuac loses both, Kville is in. If everything plays out like we predict it will, Woodville is still in.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1311710" timestamp="1351314373"]
[quote author=hardin01 link=topic=105191.msg1311673#msg1311673 date=1351313088]
By points - Yes
[/quote]
Point-difference and coin flip are the onlyt two ways you can determine three-way ties. And a coin flip only happens if there is a tie in the point difference system. And yes thats how a three-way tie is determined. If Kville loses, Woodville is in. If Woodville loses both, Anahuac is in. If Anahuac loses both, Kville is in. If everything plays out [b]like we predict it will[/b], Woodville is still in.
[/quote]
This being Woodville beating Warren and losing to Newton, Anahuac beating Kountze and losing to EC, and Kirbyville beating Kountze and Warren.
Bottom line, for Kville to be in, they [u]must[/u] win out and hope for either Woodville to lose both or Anahuac to lose to Kountze and EC. For Woodville, they must beat either Warren or Newton and hope Anahuac wins only one of their last two. For Anahuac, they must hope for Woodville to lose to both Warren and Newton.
Woodville is still in the drivers seat, but there's two other teams holding onto the wheel.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1311731" timestamp="1351315768"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=105191.msg1311710#msg1311710 date=1351314373]
[quote author=hardin01 link=topic=105191.msg1311673#msg1311673 date=1351313088]
By points - Yes
[/quote]
Point-difference and coin flip are the onlyt two ways you can determine three-way ties. And a coin flip only happens if there is a tie in the point difference system. And yes thats how a three-way tie is determined. If Kville loses, Woodville is in. If Woodville loses both, Anahuac is in. If Anahuac loses both, Kville is in. If everything plays out [b]like we predict it will[/b], Woodville is still in.
[/quote]
This being Woodville beating Warren and losing to Newton, Anahuac beating Kountze and losing to EC, and Kirbyville beating Kountze and Warren.
Bottom line, for Kville to be in, they [u]must[/u] win out and hope for either Woodville to lose both or Anahuac to lose to Kountze and EC. For Woodville, they must beat either Warren or Newton and hope Anahuac wins only one of their last two. For Anahuac, tey must hope for Woodville to lose to both Warren and New
Woodville is
till in the drivers seat, but there's two other teams holding onto the wheel.
[/quote]

Not true i think kville holds the point lead. Based on the 21 max kville should be +5 on them both

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1311784" timestamp="1351318673"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=105191.msg1311780#msg1311780 date=1351318263]
So as u say if it finishes like expected kville is in the drivers seat
[/quote]t
No. Woodville has more room for error. But no team is in the drivers seat. Each team has to depend on the success or failure of one of the other teams.
[/quote]

How do u figure they have more room for error?

They don't! IF anahuac and woodville finish 1-1 and kville finishes 2-0 they will all be tied at 4-3 right?  That scenario puts kville in as the 3rd place team based on the tie breaker.  If kville finishes tied w woodville only they are in based on head to head. If kville finishes tied w anahuac only the panthers are in based on head. If woodville and anahuac finished tied, woodville would be in...... My prediction.... Newton (7-0), EC (6-1) and Kville (4-3) will be the 10-2A reps.... Still a long way to go though. Next week will make the picture a little clearer.

[quote name="bulldog16" post="1312246" timestamp="1351361481"]
They don't! IF anahuac and woodville finish 1-1 and kville finishes 2-0 they will all be tied at 4-3 right?  That scenario puts kville in as the 3rd place team based on the tie breaker.  If kville finishes tied w woodville only they are in based on head to head. If kville finishes tied w anahuac only the panthers are in based on head. If woodville and anahuac finished tied, woodville would be in...... My prediction.... Newton (7-0), EC (6-1) and Kville (4-3) will be the 10-2A reps.... Still a long way to go though. Next week will make the picture a little clearer.
[/quote]

I have a sure fire way of predicting the outcome...I wait till all the games are played and then I know for sure.......  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder