Earl Thomas Named AP All State

KFDM COOP

Guest tigersvoice

There is more to this story - Silsbee's Ahmad Jones was selected as a FIRST TEAM offensive lineman in this same poll. The Orange Leader cut the story a bit short.

Most print media, and some TV, cant cover a whole area the size of southeast Texas. PA wont do much on OF and deweyville while we do..Beaumont cant cover the same schools but we do...we cant cover beaumont and silsbee while those two can do more than we can...its a give or take where you are located...Silsbee is 45 mins from orange...the big news was earl for our readers. i cant imagine (and wont allow myself to imagine) if we would have led the story with the silsbee player and not earl...i wouldnt show up to work the next day...we did bold the player on the list and did the same for the 4a one for a player from BH and ozen...sorry we cant do more, wish we could cover everyone from here to dallas but my brain couldnt keep up

THE WEST ORANGE STARK ENTERPRISE DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE BEST ATHLETES FROM THE AREA IF THEY ARE NOT WOS PRODUCTS.  THOMAS HAS BEEN ON THE FRONT OF THE SPORTS PAGE TWICE IN THE LAST WEEK OR SO. IN A LOSING EFFORT TO HJ I MIGHT ADD.  WONDER WHY THE DID NOT FEATURE A HJ PLAYER ?  LAST YEAR WE GOT TO READ A GLORIOUS ARTICLE ABOUT HOW WOS PLAYERS RIDE A BUS !!  WHAT A JOKE.  AND GUESS WHO WAS IN THE PICTURE......EARL THOMAS. 

THE WEST ORANGE STARK ENTERPRISE DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE BEST ATHLETES FROM THE AREA IF THEY ARE NOT WOS PRODUCTS.  THOMAS HAS BEEN ON THE FRONT OF THE SPORTS PAGE TWICE IN THE LAST WEEK OR SO. IN A LOSING EFFORT TO HJ I MIGHT ADD.  WONDER WHY THE DID NOT FEATURE A HJ PLAYER ?  LAST YEAR WE GOT TO READ A GLORIOUS ARTICLE ABOUT HOW WOS PLAYERS RIDE A BUS !!  WHAT A JOKE.  AND GUESS WHO WAS IN THE PICTURE......EARL THOMAS. 

sounds like someone is jealous ;)

Guest tigersvoice

Hey "OlGabe" - that's my point exactly!  We're only 45 minutes away, we are in the same DISTRICT and we have two players on the all-state team.  I understand that you would give the major press to favorite son, Earl Thomas, but the STORY should have included the fact that Jones was named first team all-state and not just an inclusion in the all-state listing that goes two deep.  Now, as far as going to the next level - I see Thomas being a STAR.

Guest GoStangs

It's nice to see all the respect pouring forth for Earl Thomas' season accomplishments and all the congratulations sent forth from people from all over SETX.  I'm glad to see the Xmas season has truly brought forth the best in everyone instead of all the constant whining we normally see here. ::)

In case anyone missed it in the previous several posts, let me be the first to say congratulations to Earl Thomas and all the other people who made the all-state teams.  It's a great accomplishment, and you deserve it!

............I'm glad to see the Xmas season has truly brought forth the best in everyone instead of all the constant whining we normally see here. ::)

In case anyone missed it in the previous several posts, let me be the first to say congratulations to Earl Thomas and all the other people who made the all-state teams.  It's a great accomplishment, and you deserve it!

Christmas is over.. .how the heck did Earl Thomas get picked for anything? If he was not playing for WO-S, he would not have... blah blah blah. ;D

We had a good showing this year in all state members. Congrats to all of them. Earl Thomas seems to be a lot like Ryan Butler was for Nederland the last couple of years. That is basically never coming off of the field and a guy you turn to when the game is on the line.... although for WO-S, the game was rarely on the line.

I see that Earl Thomas also got MVP from the dreaded (from WO-S viewpoint) Port Arthur News on their Super Team selections. Congratulations on that also.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124