No More

Guest DawgsOfGold

[quote name="MoJo1972" post="1273514" timestamp="1347793200"]
[quote author=Bmt Pride link=topic=102894.msg1270334#msg1270334 date=1347648126]
Only way Ned would even remotely have a chance is if they had the same refs from the flag superbowl!  ;)
[/quote]

If you are referring to the flag SuperBowl of 2010, BMT lost to a great undefeated team, not the refs as I have heard a 1000 times from BMT fans.  Truth of the matter is BMT lost the game to endurance.  My son played in that game.  The entire season they did not just practice plays, they ran their little buts off as part of building endurance and it paid off.  BMT came to Nederland thinking they had it in the bag, but when Nederland rattled their cage they did not know how to handle it and cracked under the pressure.  Now go ahead a flame away!
[/quote]

HAHAHAHA..."rattled their cage"..."cracked under pressure"..flag football..now that's funny there!!!

Ugh..reality check..please!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DawgsOfGold
[quote name="MoJo1972" post="1273514" timestamp="1347793200"]
[quote author=Bmt Pride link=topic=102894.msg1270334#msg1270334 date=1347648126]
Only way Ned would even remotely have a chance is if they had the same refs from the flag superbowl!  ;)
[/quote]

If you are referring to the flag SuperBowl of 2010, BMT lost to a great undefeated team, not the refs as I have heard a 1000 times from BMT fans.  Truth of the matter is BMT lost the game to endurance.  My son played in that game.  The entire season they did not just practice plays, they ran their little buts off as part of building endurance and it paid off.  BMT came to Nederland thinking they had it in the bag, but when Nederland rattled their cage they did not know how to handle it and cracked under the pressure.  Now go ahead a flame away!
[/quote]LMAO- Endurance, rattled, and cracked under pressure....,Please!! #11 probaly was tired after running 80 yard td's and having all 4 of them called back after he scored. You can have the 2010 FLAG Superbowl  (But what have you done lately)  ;D We enjoy punishing y'all in tackle football. Smashed y'all last year 34-6, and this year we're going to spank all 3 of your teams starting with White then Gold. If Black so happen to play us in the Playoffs, It will be the most lopsided playoff game EVER!! Your turn ;)

Guest DawgsOfGold
[quote name="jg69421080" post="1273074" timestamp="1347754823"]
The way you are talking Sounds like the board will stay in Beaumont Blues Business. Don't backtrack now, stand you're ground, you were upset and were not going to allow a running clock because people made you mad, now it is because you have players to develop, or perhaps you realized how ignorant your comments were, or just plain silly
[/quote]Never was upset. Just tired of practicing 3 days a week and only playing 1qtr of football, that's all.  You should know because we actually played 3mins against y'all...lol

I've never posted on here before but i couldn't help myself. Dawgs you are a cry baby!!! and quit bragging about your wonderful little team cuz ned b and lum w will beat you like it aint nothin. Your few studs wont hold up forever! lum w will shut you down just like they did to their 1st 3 opponents. Remember last year?

"Dawgsofblue, remember that you will be judged by your conduct and actions on the field and by the words from your mouth". 

Be Thankful you have a Great team and carry yourself with "Respect". Remember, your words on here are representing your son, your players, your coaching staff, and your League as a whole.

Rise above the "Hate" and do the right thing by your own free will.

You have brought undue attention to your team by your actions.

[quote name="Bobcat101" post="1275116" timestamp="1347983681"]
"Dawgsofblue, remember that you will be judged by your conduct and actions on the field and by the words from your mouth".

Be Thankful you have a Great team and carry yourself with "Respect". Remember, your words on here are representing your son, your players, your coaching staff, and your League as a whole.

Rise above the "Hate" and do the right thing by your own free will.

You have brought undue attention to your team by your actions.
[/quote]
Amen

Personally, I feel that they shouldn't punish their kids by cutting value playing time that will lead to development of the kids and at the end of the day is what the parents pay for. It's not fair that because a team is "too good" they aren't afforded the same opportunities as other kids. If I had a kid playing and he was forced to sit because he was "too good" I'd pull him, demand my money back, and if possible move to an area where he could play. At then end of the day, kids are kids and just want to have fun. Running the clock isn't helping the opposing teams get any better. In life you can't just "run the clock" when things don't go your way, better they learn this now rather than later. IMO

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1275140" timestamp="1347984881"]
Personally, I feel that they shouldn't punish their kids by cutting value playing time that will lead to development of the kids and at the end of the day is what the parents pay for. It's not fair that because a team is "too good" they aren't afforded the same opportunities as other kids. If I had a kid playing and he was forced to sit because he was "too good" I'd pull him, demand my money back, and if possible move to an area where he could play. At then end of the day, kids are kids and just want to have fun. Running the clock isn't helping the opposing teams get any better. In life you can't just "run the clock" when things don't go your way, better they learn this now rather than later. IMO
[/quote]
Good point

[quote name="Why Not" post="1275063" timestamp="1347980798"]
I've never posted on here before but i couldn't help myself. Dawgs you are a cry baby!!! and quit bragging about your wonderful little team cuz ned b and lum w will beat you like it aint nothin. Your few studs wont hold up forever! lum w will shut you down just like they did to their 1st 3 opponents. Remember last year?
[/quote]Lumberton in the House :D  Don't get Bmt confused with those 1st 3 opponents. Bmt won't have a problem scoring on your defense. They're scoring like Fifty a game with a running clock

[quote name="jag86" post="1269360" timestamp="1347565291"]
I knew someone would take it the wrong way but since you went there lets go!! I never said a bad thing about the STJFL first of all and yes everyone has a mercy rule except some AAU Leagues. Every team has kids at the pee wee level that really dont want to be there so lets just keep it real. letting someone else play is not the problem, the problem is that same coach that you had mercy for now is trying to run over the kid that really dont want to be there. why didnt he do that before he was 28 down!! people like you want good teams/players in other leagues so you can get on and  bragg about something lil Johnny did!! its all for the kids so you say but when PNG G was putting 50 on people last year it was ok! Than you get personal, I can promise you my kid will compete with yours in anything from manners to the classroom and thats the way i raised him. Sports is just something we like its not our life and thats the way I raise him, anything else!! Be ready to explain to him why he didnt get that job he interviewed for when he gets the "we went in another direction" let him know its always about competing whether you believe it or not. Your right i have a hard time explaining to mine that being a loser is ok, that may be the difference between yours and mine!!! I just threw the OBAMA stuff in there because its all fun and games to me!! Well just for kicks and giggles i will start the twos and finished with the ones!!
[/quote]

I thought the idea of youth sports was to teach the kids basics and how to play the game competetive, fair, and learn to respect all opponents?  Shouldn't there be an emphasis on developing all players instead of just the 8 year old "studs" ?  Some youths today have lost the fine art of being humble in their abilities and accomplishments, maybe that should become a focus as well?
JMO

[quote name="CrashDavis" post="1275194" timestamp="1347988819"]
[quote author=jag86 link=topic=102894.msg1269360#msg1269360 date=1347565291]
I knew someone would take it the wrong way but since you went there lets go!! I never said a bad thing about the STJFL first of all and yes everyone has a mercy rule except some AAU Leagues. Every team has kids at the pee wee level that really dont want to be there so lets just keep it real. letting someone else play is not the problem, the problem is that same coach that you had mercy for now is trying to run over the kid that really dont want to be there. why didnt he do that before he was 28 down!! people like you want good teams/players in other leagues so you can get on and  bragg about something lil Johnny did!! its all for the kids so you say but when PNG G was putting 50 on people last year it was ok! Than you get personal, I can promise you my kid will compete with yours in anything from manners to the classroom and thats the way i raised him. Sports is just something we like its not our life and thats the way I raise him, anything else!! Be ready to explain to him why he didnt get that job he interviewed for when he gets the "we went in another direction" let him know its always about competing whether you believe it or not. Your right i have a hard time explaining to mine that being a loser is ok, that may be the difference between yours and mine!!! I just threw the OBAMA stuff in there because its all fun and games to me!! Well just for kicks and giggles i will start the twos and finished with the ones!!
[/quote]

I thought the idea of youth sports was to teach the kids basics and how to play the game competetive, fair, and learn to respect all opponents?  Shouldn't there be an emphasis on developing all players instead of just the 8 year old "studs" ?  Some youths today have lost the fine art of [b]being humble [/b] in their abilities and accomplishments, maybe that should become a focus as well?
JMO
[/quote]

8)

Your correct Crashdavis, youth sports are to teach and develope kids. So whats the problem when you have develope them when they were seven and now they are competing at a high level. 7 and 8 year olds play together and everyday in practice they are being developed and the rules state that you have to let them play. There are no kids on the FORUM its all adults so the kids are humble and respectfull in Beaumont! Its some adults that has taken things to far!! There is nothing wrong with a lil smack talking. I can assure you my son do not know i am on this BLOG defending him working hard in everything he does. My son has had the pleasure of playing baseball and running track with his friends from Lumberton and I promise you he has never bragged about any of his accomplishments/non-accomplishments!! I haven't raised him that way!! he fully understand that the LORD GIVE AND HE TAKE AWAY!!! The mantality of being competetive has changed throughout the generations, when I played one of my coaches said they have the opportunity to practice and work hard just like you so whats really fair competition!!

[quote name="Gucci" post="1275182" timestamp="1347988134"]
[quote author=Why Not link=topic=102894.msg1275063#msg1275063 date=1347980798]
[/quote]Lumberton in the House :D  Don't get Bmt confused with those 1st 3 opponents. Bmt won't have a problem scoring on your defense. They're scoring like Fifty a game with a running clock
[/quote]

How about you don't confuse lum w with your first 3 opponents who made it easy for you to score fifty! They will stop you and will shut down 1, 3, and 10. Then you have nothin! A football team consists of atleast 11 players. Same thing that happen to you against PNG last year

[quote name="jag86" post="1275215" timestamp="1347990199"]
Your correct Crashdavis, youth sports are to teach and develope kids. So whats the problem when you have develope them when they were seven and now they are competing at a high level. 7 and 8 year olds play together and everyday in practice they are being developed and the rules state that you have to let them play. There are no kids on the FORUM its all adults so the kids are humble and respectfull in Beaumont! [b][size=12pt]Its some adults that has taken things to far!! [/size] [/b] There is nothing wrong with a lil smack talking. I can assure you my son do not know i am on this BLOG defending him working hard in everything he does. My son has had the pleasure of playing baseball and running track with his friends from Lumberton and I promise you he has never bragged about any of his accomplishments/non-accomplishments!! I haven't raised him that way!! he fully understand that the LORD GIVE AND HE TAKE AWAY!!! The mantality of being competetive has changed throughout the generations, when I played one of my coaches said they have the opportunity to practice and work hard just like you so whats really fair competition!!
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more! ;)

Well said Jag. Bmt B has worked their butts off to be the team they are today! They are a great group of kids. The ones i have met are very smart and polite and i have never once heard them brag about how good they are. I don't understand why people on here have such a problem with them. What do people want the coaches to do, tell the boys to take it easy, run slower, don't hit to hard or don't score anymore points. What in the world would that teach them? Nothing! and no one in their right mind would tell their kids to do that because it is doing nothing but hindering themselves and their opponent. If people dont like being beat so bad by them, then why dont they have their kids work harder and become better. Heck, take the 10 minutes that it took you to write your last message on here and go spend it with your kid teaching him how to tackle. Thats what Bmt B dads and coaches do, and that is why they are as good as they are.

[quote name="bigtexn" post="1275282" timestamp="1347994718"]
Would someone please squash this thread?  I get tired of seeing it at the top of the list.  If I wanted to hear this much bickering back and forth I'd go watch an episode of Real Housewives. :o
[/quote]You don't have to click on this thread. And if its bothering you that much then why are you reading and posting on this topic?? There is a whole list of other topics you can go in

Stop whining and play football

What is a blow-out? I do not think scoring 100 is acceptable. I also believe it is poor sportsmanship to unmercifully pound another team, but football is scored differently than baseball, soccer, etc. You get 6 points for a TD, 1pt for the run and 2 points for the pass, therefore a 24-0 blowout (4-TD’s) is actually “4-goals in soccer” or “4-runs in baseball”. Who thinks 4-0 is a blowout? Majority of these kids play baseball and there are many games that end 18-1, 13-0 or 10-0, etc and nobody is complaining or asking for special mercy rules. This whole issue is a joke. It is just  “Whiners” looking for sympathy.  :D

[quote name="Bmt Pride" post="1275256" timestamp="1347992687"]
Well said Jag. Bmt B has worked their butts off to be the team they are today! They are a great group of kids. The ones i have met are very smart and polite and i have never once heard them brag about how good they are. I don't understand why people on here have such a problem with them. What do people want the coaches to do, tell the boys to take it easy, run slower, don't hit to hard or don't score anymore points. What in the world would that teach them? Nothing! and no one in their right mind would tell their kids to do that because it is doing nothing but hindering themselves and their opponent. If people dont like being beat so bad by them, then why dont they have their kids work harder and become better. Heck, take the 10 minutes that it took you to write your last message on here and go spend it with your kid teaching him how to tackle. Thats what Bmt B dads and coaches do, and that is why they are as good as they are.
[/quote] For the coaches on the losing team, what does your kids learn if the other team has to throttle back some by replacing certain players. If your losing like 28-0 by the end of the first half, then held the team scoreless in the second half. Did your defense play better or did they go up against the MPPs thus making your kids think that they were better than they actually were? Again, a very sensitive issue.

Psychologically, do kids that young really care what the final score is? (Dad Does) Do they even remember? (Dad Will) Kids just go back to being kids. Monday morning, it's as if they never even played.

We all know that things can happen very quickly in youth ball. A kick off return, an interception returned for a TD, then a fumble returned for a TD and it's 21-0 halfway through the first quarter. But now the leading team has to remove his starting backfield if they score again and there's still 3 and a half quarters to go. How fair is that? You don't tell your Baseball son he cant bat this inning because he's 4 for 4, or better yet tell him to go to the plate and strike out on purpose  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder