Who wins?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• SC
    • PN-G

[quote name="NDNation" post="1268733" timestamp="1347490551"]
Add Dre Dunbar for when we play Central ;D
[/quote]

Dre' Dunbar and that DL are the main reasons I picked the 2009 defense wholesale.

Might also need to add Chad Louviere from 2007. That kid was HUGE. He took up an entire hallway when he was walking by.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1268727" timestamp="1347490217"]
Since we're hauling in old graduates, give me Gordon Leboeuf, Jeff Bergeron, Dustin Long, Brennan Doty, Greg Lunceford and the 2010 Offensive Line, Dylan Browning as kicker, Caleb Harmon, Craig Bertrand,  Jayce Nelson, Spencer DeRon, Amir Jalali, and the entire 2009 defense plus Chase Romero and Wade Phillips in his All-American capacity as LB. Throw in Doug Ethridge as HC, Matt Burnett as DC and Brandon Faircloth as OC with Danny Malone and Bum Phillips along for the ride and you have an unstoppable team with a state championship, a national ranking and several more attendance records to its name.
[/quote]
since we are going back in time, who was that rb yall had in 90? i believe he was #44.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1268743" timestamp="1347491133"]
Oops missed the part about the WHOLE 2009 D...those were the days....and yet we went deeper in the play-offs the next year.
[/quote]

Not to insult Brenham or anything because they had an awesome team that year, but that 2009 Brenham game was a fluke for PN-G. Too much happened that week for the team to be focused on the game that night and it showed during the first half. I don't blame the team - I wasn't really focused on the game either, and there was nothing anyone could have done to prepare them for that.

I have to give it to Faircloth, though. Given the circumstances, he must have given a heck of a speech in the locker room for them to fight all the way back and take things down to the very last drive like that. Going from a score of 20-0 at halftime to a final score of 27-21, especially under those circumstances, is nothing short of a miracle. I'll never forget that 65+ yard run Amir made on the second play after the half that brought the PN-G crowd roaring back to life from dead silence. Even though we lost the game, that was one of the great moments in PN-G history.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1268744" timestamp="1347491227"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=102809.msg1268727#msg1268727 date=1347490217]
Since we're hauling in old graduates, give me Gordon Leboeuf, Jeff Bergeron, Dustin Long, Brennan Doty, Greg Lunceford and the 2010 Offensive Line, Dylan Browning as kicker, Caleb Harmon, Craig Bertrand,  Jayce Nelson, Spencer DeRon, Amir Jalali, and the entire 2009 defense plus Chase Romero and Wade Phillips in his All-American capacity as LB. Throw in Doug Ethridge as HC, Matt Burnett as DC and Brandon Faircloth as OC with Danny Malone and Bum Phillips along for the ride and you have an unstoppable team with a state championship, a national ranking and several more attendance records to its name.
[/quote]
since we are going back in time, who was that rb yall had in 90? i believe he was #44.
[/quote]

My PN-G history is a little fuzzy since graduation, so I really can't recall. But bringing up the 89-90 teams makes me want to add Ted Ancelet, if for no other reason than to bring Bonzai back. That's something PN-G hasn't done in 20 years yet people still talk about it. Must have really been something.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1268752" timestamp="1347491777"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=102809.msg1268744#msg1268744 date=1347491227]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=102809.msg1268727#msg1268727 date=1347490217]
[/quote]
[/quote]

My PN-G history is a little fuzzy since graduation, so I really can't recall. But bringing up the 89-90 teams makes me want to add Ted Ancelet, if for no other reason than to bring Bonzai back. That's something PN-G hasn't done in 20 years yet people still talk about it. Must have really been something.
[/quote]
yes, those were the teams i played against and they whipped our collective butts. i wanna say #44's first name was Ryan but i don't recall his last.

[quote name="football04" post="1268753" timestamp="1347491815"]
Maybe yall should focus on 2012 and Summer Creek that's coming to the Rez this friday, this ain't fantasy Island, and the plane ain't coming. I'd hate to play for PNG and see all of this DISRESPECT from what is suppost to be the most loyal fan base around.
[/quote]

No disrespect intended. I still think we have a good team that will make the playoffs this year and support them 100%, and I honestly think they know that. I just saw someone put up something about a PN-G all-time team and chimed in. Lot of good years in there to reminisce about, and that's what happens when you have dedicated players on the field playing their butts off year in and year out. And I know PN-G isn't the only school with fans who feel that way.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1268756" timestamp="1347492109"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=102809.msg1268752#msg1268752 date=1347491777]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=102809.msg1268744#msg1268744 date=1347491227]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
yes, those were the teams i played against and they whipped our collective butts. i wanna say #44's first name was Ryan but i don't recall his last.
[/quote]

That's ringing a bell. Maybe someone with a copy of Down Trails of Victory can look him up. I would, but my family's copy is back home.

[quote name="indianforever" post="1268764" timestamp="1347492354"]
#44 was Ron mcguill
[/quote] My associate principal at Woodrow Wilson when i was in middle school was Jon Buck Ford (sure that rings a bell with PN-G faithful), i remember him talking about this guy, he must have been a beast.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1268769" timestamp="1347493174"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=102809.msg1268764#msg1268764 date=1347492354]
#44 was Ron mcguill
[/quote] My associate principal at Woodrow Wilson when i was in middle school was Jon Buck Ford (sure that rings a bell with PN-G faithful), i remember him talking about this guy, he must have been a beast.
[/quote]

Man, you talk about ring a bell. I can't believe I forgot him, but his father, Lew Ford, needs to be added to that list of coaches. I don't care how long ago it was, any coach that can take a team on three consecutive state championship runs in the days of smash-mouth ground games has plenty to offer.

That's another family that has contributed a lot to PN-G history.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1268769" timestamp="1347493174"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=102809.msg1268764#msg1268764 date=1347492354]
#44 was Ron mcguill
[/quote]
yes he was a beast. we knew he was gonna get the ball and still couldn't stop him. no running around with this guy. he ran over you and you knew it.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1268748" timestamp="1347491530"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=102809.msg1268743#msg1268743 date=1347491133]
Oops missed the part about the WHOLE 2009 D...those were the days....and yet we went deeper in the play-offs the next year.
[/quote]

Not to insult Brenham or anything because they had an awesome team that year, but that 2009 Brenham game was a fluke for PN-G. Too much happened that week for the team to be focused on the game that night and it showed during the first half. I don't blame the team - I wasn't really focused on the game either, and there was nothing anyone could have done to prepare them for that.

I have to give it to Faircloth, though. Given the circumstances, he must have given a heck of a speech in the locker room for them to fight all the way back and take things down to the very last drive like that. Going from a score of 20-0 at halftime to a final score of 27-21, especially under those circumstances, is nothing short of a miracle. I'll never forget that 65+ yard run Amir made on the second play after the half that brought the PN-G crowd roaring back to life from dead silence. Even though we lost the game, that was one of the great moments in PN-G history.
[/quote]

At half, 20-0 Brenham doesn't seem too much like a fluke to me.  We absolutely dominated PNG in the first half.  I was thinking the comeback was more of a fluke in yalls favor.  I guess we'll just have to disagree on this.  Good luck this week.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1269072" timestamp="1347536376"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=102809.msg1268748#msg1268748 date=1347491530]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=102809.msg1268743#msg1268743 date=1347491133]
[/quote]

[/quote]

At half, 20-0 Brenham doesn't seem too much like a fluke to me.  We absolutely dominated PNG in the first half.  I was thinking the comeback was more of a fluke in yalls favor.  I guess we'll just have to disagree on this.  Good luck this week.
[/quote]

No. Brenham dominated PN-G, but it wasn't because Brenham was a thousand times better or anything. It was because PN-G's players, as well as the rest of the school, were focused on other, more serious matters.

Under different circumstances, I don't know if PN-G would have won, but it would have been a different ball game.

Come on brenhamfan, you know you were on the edge of your seat that game, png getting the onside kick with time running out and throwing a pick in the endzone. I think your exact words were that y'all took the foot off the gas pedal. Lol it was all brenham in the first half, but the second was much different. As ugly as it was,a win is a win and a loss is a loss. That was a hard one to swallow.

[quote name="football04" post="1268753" timestamp="1347491815"]
Maybe yall should focus on 2012 and Summer Creek that's coming to the Rez this friday, this ain't fantasy Island, and the plane ain't coming. I'd hate to play for PNG and see all of this DISRESPECT from what is suppost to be the most loyal fan base around.
[/quote]

Is there anybody out there that gives PN-G half a chance in this game, is Smmers Eve just that good or what?? This is a weird year on the Rez. 

[quote name="incognito" post="1269249" timestamp="1347558336"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=102809.msg1268753#msg1268753 date=1347491815]
[/quote]

Is there anybody out there that gives PN-G half a chance in this game, is Smmers Eve just that good or what?? This is a weird year on the Rez.
[/quote]

Very wierd...I dont remember it being like this before...we aren't doing that bad.

In recent history we have started out slow and picked up speed during the season and made playoffs. I think we will get it together this year. We did put up points on WOS. I think we have gotten spoiled by our stand out stars on the teams in the last couple of years. Coach Faircloth doesn't open the playbook in preseason...so we havent seen in spectacular plays yet. Some say we wouldnt be able to pull them off anyway...but we shall see.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476