WEST ORANGE-STARK AT PORT NECHES-GROVES BROADCAST/WO-S wins 34-13!

WOSgrad

i must add this to clarks  kickoff return not only was he hit from all diffrent sides from the wos kids but be also ran over his blockers. in the long history of wos  long kickoff return just dont happen  just maybe a handfull and he is one in the one hand agan just a outstanding run young man best of luck  to png this year

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like when the momentum was in PNG's hands we would get a few penalty's and it would take the breath away. All I can say is that PNG put points on the board against a top Defensive team. I give WOS credit. They are a great team with ton's of D1 talent on the field. Best of luck to the mustangs. They should go all the way this year.

[quote name="Jduncan1" post="1264746" timestamp="1347117047"]
Wow!!!!!! I am amazed on how much crap is being talked about png by png people (you other guys it doesnt bother me as much)

I went home after the game and watched the game again the whole thing and let me tell you what I saw a bunch of pentalies and two turn overs and a few things that need to be worked on  Yall act like Png is crap if you think about it we hacve the same record as last year right now so back off my indians they will get it together!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I agree.

Why were SOME of the fans on this board bashing QB SMITH????  And calling for his job.

I defended him all week with little support from PNG fans.

Smith did a fine job at QB, managing offense, nice passing, nice arm, very athletic.

I see high points in Clark and Rose and another receiver (can't remember the other guys number).

I think the defense needs a few adjustments and RB needs to keep his feet moving AFTER contact AND implement SMITH with the run also, not just on short yardage 3 downs.  This would open up running game and passing as well.

The NDNs can bring it together IF ALL of the Bashing of QB stops, (I heard this in the community from the NDN faithful as well as on this board).  It just seems to me if the soph doesn't want to wait his turn and this has caused desension in the ranks.  Where has it gone to being a TEAM player????    IMO, the kid needs to go back down to JV (where his size is suited better) and develop MORE. 

Good Luck to NDNs.

We are looking for MCM!!!!

[quote name="pngfan66" post="1264767" timestamp="1347118115"]
Seems like when the momentum was in PNG's hands we would get a few penalty's and it would take the breath away. All I can say is that PNG put points on the board against a top Defensive team. I give WOS credit. They are a great team with ton's of D1 talent on the field. Best of luck to the mustangs. They should go all the way this year.
[/quote]

That's what I was thinking. WO-S did a great job of shutting down PN-G last night, but PN-G gave them some significant help with all the penalties. I don't know if PN-G would have won, but I do think this game would have been much more competitive if it weren't for all the laundry on the field.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1264817" timestamp="1347121598"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=102672.msg1264767#msg1264767 date=1347118115]
[/quote]

That's what I was thinking. WO-S did a great job of shutting down PN-G last night, but PN-G gave them some significant help with all the penalties. I don't know if PN-G would have won, but I do think this game would have been much more competitive if it weren't for all the laundry on the field.
[/quote]Lets not forget WOS had a laundry problem or two, the main one being the one that got the Injuns down on the goal after they had them stopped out on about the 30 for their second score.

[quote name="77" post="1264845" timestamp="1347123419"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=102672.msg1264817#msg1264817 date=1347121598]
[/quote]

[/quote]Lets not forget WOS had a laundry problem or two, the main one being the one that got the Injuns down on the goal after they had them stopped out on about the 30 for their second score.
[/quote]

That's true, but we killed at least three drives with penalties.

First of all great game by my Stangs, early on it was playoff atmosphere which should help both teams down the road. I honestly don't understand the fan bashing, PN-G has some of the greatest fans around and very classed and played great hosts. Met a lot of nice people even at the JV game.

Having seen Vidor, Ned (albeit both in scrimmages) and PN-G in game to be honest, i think PN-G will be looking at the third playoff spot. Ned, and Vidor both impressed me more, but it is early in season and injuries happen and players can develop so don't give up.

One question for someone who might know. After the penalty down by the goal-line right before half ended I always thought the clock started on an offensive penalty after the ball was spotted?

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1264937" timestamp="1347129351"]
First of all great game by my Stangs, early on it was playoff atmosphere which should help both teams down the road. I honestly don't understand the fan bashing, PN-G has some of the greatest fans around and very classed and played great hosts. Met a lot of nice people even at the JV game.

Having seen Vidor, Ned (albeit both in scrimmages) and PN-G in game to be honest, i think PN-G will be looking at the third playoff spot. Ned, and Vidor both impressed me more, but it is early in season and injuries happen and players can develop so don't give up.

One question for someone who might know. After the penalty down by the goal-line right before half ended I always thought the clock started on an offensive penalty after the ball was spotted?
[/quote]

I thought it did, too.  In fact, about 9-10 years ago a field goal by Ozen was waived off as having been tried after time expired because the clock was started on the spot after an offensive penalty at that very same stadium.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1264937" timestamp="1347129351"]

[/quote]

PNG had come from a Timeout. 

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1264947" timestamp="1347129788"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=102672.msg1264937#msg1264937 date=1347129351]

[/quote]

PNG had come from a Timeout.
[/quote]

Thanks!

However, here's TEXAS UIL exceptions to NCAA

[url=http://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/forms/football-uil-ncaa-exceptions.pdf]http://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/forms/football-uil-ncaa-exceptions.pdf[/url]

EXCEPTION: 3-2-4 and 3-3. Timing Rules contained NCAA 2005 Football Rule Book will be used for timing in
UIL games.
32. 3-4-4. 10-Second Subtraction from Game Clock
a. With the game clock running and less than one minute remaining in either half, if a player of either team
commits a foul that causes the clock to stop, the officials may subtract 10 seconds from the game clock at
the option of the offended team. The fouls that fall in this category include but are not limited to:
1. Any foul that prevents the snap (e.g., false start, encroachment, defensive offside by contact in the
neutral zone, etc.);
2. Intentional grounding to stop the clock;
3. Incomplete illegal forward pass;
4. Backward pass thrown out of bounds to stop the clock;
5. Any other foul committed with the intent of stopping the clock.
The offended team may accept the yardage penalty and decline the 10-second subtraction. If the yardage
penalty is declined the 10-second subtraction is declined by rule.
b. The 10-second rule does not apply if the game clock is not running when the foul occurs or if the foul
does not cause the game clock to stop (e.g., illegal formation).
c. After the penalty is administered, if there is a 10-second subtraction, the game clock starts on the
referee’s signal. If there is no 10-second subtraction, the game clock starts on the snap. d. If the fouling
team has a timeout remaining they may avoid the 10-second subtraction by using a timeout. In this case the
game clock starts on the snap after the timeout.

NCAA Rule Book 2005
[url=http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/members/links/tools/ncaa/05rules.pdf]http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/members/links/tools/ncaa/05rules.pdf[/url]

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1264717" timestamp="1347113464"]
[quote author=LOKI link=topic=102672.msg1264708#msg1264708 date=1347112680]
WOS is going to be hard to beat this year.
[/quote]

Yep!  Pretty much like any other year - THEY ARE HARD TO BEAT.
[/quote]Tiger, thanks for the kind and "OBVIOUS" comment and congratulations to Silsbee on defeating  4A-LCM. Yaul get ready. The "MACHINE" only has one game on their minds this year. How does that make you Silsbee fan feel.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="speveto" post="1264978" timestamp="1347131520"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=102672.msg1264717#msg1264717 date=1347113464]
[quote author=LOKI link=topic=102672.msg1264708#msg1264708 date=1347112680]
WOS is going to be hard to beat this year.
[/quote]

Yep!  Pretty much like any other year - THEY ARE HARD TO BEAT.
[/quote]Tiger, thanks for the kind and "OBVIOUS" comment and congratulations to Silsbee on defeating  4A-LCM. Yaul get ready. The "MACHINE" only has one game on their minds this year. How does that make you Silsbee fan feel.
[/quote]

Well, personally, I'm shaking.  But since I don't suit up, I would say that the Tiger team feels the same as any other season that they have been in the same district with the 'Stangs - get ready for WAR. 8)

speveto,thats not true you of all people should know that wos will try and get ready for centrel not silsbee that game will come nov 9th at 7pm silsbee time the kids from wos need to keep a clear head and work work and more work on what happned lastnight and try and to get it working before  the centrel game

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1264817" timestamp="1347121598"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually Wos had more penalty yards than Png so i don't think penalties were a factor.

Game Summary....... Better team won.

I can't stand Monday morning QBing......(as that's all we do on this board and little Thursday Qbing as well)......but in the end, "we just ran out of time," "we beat ourselves,"  "we kept shooting ourselves in the foot," "oh, the penalties is what hurt us,"  ALL translates into LOSING.

THE final score is the best Qbing you'll ever do.  Let it stand  And no matter how many excuses you could make, take it like a man  (or fan)- WIN or Lose.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1265179" timestamp="1347142655"]

I can't stand Monday morning QBing......(as that's all we do on this board and little Thursday Qbing as well)......but in the end, "we just ran out of time," "we beat ourselves,"  "we kept shooting ourselves in the foot," "oh, the penalties is what hurt us,"  ALL translates into LOSING.

THE final score is the best Qbing you'll ever do.  Let it stand  And no matter how many excuses you could make, take it like a man  (or fan)- WIN or Lose.
[/quote]

Alot of barking from over on the other side of the tracks!!!!

no doubt wos was the better team. Let the dogs bark, angleton will be their first test. But I imagine it maybe like dayton did abusing them. As for the ndns it is going to be an ugly season. Saw some good things last night, but we still have a long ways to go. The way it looks, I see things that need to be worked on. Got to get a handle on the penalties,first. Had a respectable return after a punt return by the stangs, clark has heart no doubt . At the ozen- memorial game its halftime here pam up 15-8. Interesting game. Sitting here with some vidor faithful and a lone central fan.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1265179" timestamp="1347142655"]

[/quote]
Hey doggieboy 1777 you think saturday qbing is any better than a monday morning qbing you a pretty funny young fella arent you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83